• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

I think it was warranted. I believe I've made the argument that most school shooters are white.

Edit: I mean school shooters looking to kill as many people as possible, not the ones whos targets aren't random.

I think it was warranted. I believe I've made the argument that most school shooters are white.

Edit: I mean school shooters looking to kill as many people as possible, not the ones whos targets aren't random.
This is correct. White shooters usually have a suicide wish; to be shot by the cops. Black shooters want to run after a short burst of shots.

What is unusual about this particular shooting is that the killer was 43 years old.

Anthony McRae pleaded guilty in 2019 to a misdemeanor weapons charge in Lansing, according to court and Michigan Department of Corrections records. Chris Gautz, a spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections, said he successfully completed about 19 months of probation; MDOC successfully discharged him In May 2021.

The heritability of self-control: A meta-analysis

Genes significantly contribute to differences in self-control: the overall heritability is 60%.
Is there a point to these apparently random references? Assuming for argument's sake that heredity accounts for 60% of all types of human behavior (a theoretical assumption), what would that mean?
If heredity plays a major factor in behavior - which it does - then it should be considered when formulating policy. But it isn't.
And how would that work?
Well, firstly by recognizing that most criminals commit crime because that's who they are. Restorative justice and drum circles aren't gonna change them.
Ah, the lock’em up and throw away the key stupidity

There are certain folks that really are just bad and there is nothing else to do with them other than lock'em up & launch that key into OGLE-2011-BLG-0462. I disagree with Oleg's position that restorative Justice and drum circles not working. They both have proven to work for most people. All you have to do is look around you. Lots of people you know turned around before crossing a line. Our churches are filled with them. We should continue to offer those who will take it drum circles and restorative justice. Those who cross the line? That's a fat nope.

There are certain folks that really are just bad and there is nothing else to do with them other than lock'em up & launch that key into OGLE-2011-BLG-0462. I disagree with Oleg's position that restorative Justice and drum circles not working. They both have proven to work for most people. All you have to do is look around you. Lots of people you know turned around before crossing a line. Our churches are filled with them. We should continue to offer those who will take it drum circles and restorative justice. Those who cross the line? That's a fat nope.
Well, sure. Give everyone a second chance (so long as it's not for violent crime). But endless chances is the road to ruin for the rest of us.

I disagree with Oleg's position that restorative Justice and drum circles not working.

I may be a bit biased on this... I once hired a troubled teen (19).

One night he and some younger kids got drunk.
He let them all into our warehouse where they all proceeded to steal a bunch of stuff and contaminate a bunch more...

Long story short - we declined to press charges against the ringleader as it would have ruined his life. Instead we sent him through the restorative justice system. I had a chance to air my disappointment and anger, and define the restitution I felt was due. He had a chance to make apologies and promises. For that, and for agreeing to my demands, he was given (strictly conditional) freedom. He was sort of "driven from" the community for being a loser alcoholic druggie, but the restorative justice system succeeded in putting the fear of god in him like going to jail never could.

It was not a pleasant process for me and I'm pretty sure it was hell for him, but seven years later he is stable, self sufficient, has a fiancé and is going through college. Of course that's not to say he may not break into Oleg's house tomorrow night and force Oleg to shoot him... which is what we should do rather than lock these losers up, as it's less expensive unless you can wring some forced labor out of them...

Last edited:

This is correct. White shooters usually have a suicide wish; to be shot by the cops. Black shooters want to run after a short burst of shots.
Haven't many of the most recent mass killers been arrested?

I disagree with Oleg's position that restorative Justice and drum circles not working.

I may be a bit biased on this... I once hired a troubled teen (19).

One night he and some younger kids got drunk.
He let them all into our warehouse where they all proceeded to steal a bunch of stuff and contaminate a bunch more...

Long story short - we declined to press charges against the ringleader as it would have ruined his life. Instead we sent him through the restorative justice system. I had a chance to air my disappointment and anger, and define the restitution I felt was due. He had a chance to make apologies and promises. For that, and for agreeing to my demands, he was given (strictly conditional) freedom. He was sort of "driven from" the community for being a loser alcoholic druggie, but the restorative justice system succeeded in putting the fear of god in him like going to jail never could.

It was not a pleasant process for me and I'm pretty sure it was hell for him, but seven years later he is stable, self sufficient, has a fiancé and is going through college. Of course that's not to say he may not break into Oleg's house tomorrow night and force Oleg to shoot him... which is what we should do rather than lock these losers up, as it's less expensive unless you can wring some forced labor out of them...

If America didn't adopt the Roman scales to represent Justice I'd think you're bias. But since America did, well, it's just how we're supposed to do things.

Red flag laws likely remain a nonstarter among Republican leaders in Texas, where Gov. Greg Abbott already faced a conservative backlash after he asked the Legislature to consider them four years ago.
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who oversees the Senate and wields tremendous sway over what legislation is considered, indicated Wednesday he still opposes such an effort.

I think I see the problem. Republicans like this.

Well this latest shooting had a first. For one of the survivors, it was her second mass shooting, as she was a student at Sandy Hook when that happened.

Beginning to think that this won't stop until there are more survivors to vote for gun control than there are republicans.

We ought pay for her to go to the best school in another country. Like right the fuck now.

Back
Top Bottom