• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

But we know that allele frequencies and traits (short vs. long twitch muscle fibers, sickle cell trait etc.) vary among different human populations. So why exclude the possibility that alleles that are correlated with aggression/criminality (such as the 2r allele of the MAOA gene) may also be unequally distributed?
We all know that everything is genetic. Except behavior, which springs miraculously from the soul.

We all know that everything is genetic. Except behavior, which springs miraculously from the soul.
Nah. Behavior is based on how your ancestors were treated 200 years ago. /S

I wanted to offer an addendum to my previous statement. Populations I was mentioning are not synonymous with canonical races, which are a social construct for sure.

Crime causes poverty.

Mayor Sherrell has also seen crime in Milton rise over the past few years.

“We’ve just seen this steady increase and it’s getting more brazen,” she said. “It started with mailboxes being broken into, I recently had a package stolen off my porch, but to see a young lady get attacked in the parking lot, going to the grocery store, it’s gone too far.”

Hernandez says that most the crime seen in Milton doesn’t come from residents, but criminals passing through the city.

He also expressed frustration at state laws that he says keep officers from being effective in catching them.

“We can’t be as proactive as we’d like to be because the pursuit rules have changed,” he stated. “It’s emboldened our criminals so that they know that if an officer gets behind them, the only thing they have to do is take off and we can’t chase them.”

Sherrell says she hopes that something will be done soon, because she feels how to rising crime has transformed her city.

I no longer keep things in the driveway, I have six cameras on my home. I carry pepper spray, I’m thinking about learning how to shoot a gun. It’s changing us,” Sherrell said.

But we know that allele frequencies and traits (short vs. long twitch muscle fibers, sickle cell trait etc.) vary among different human populations. So why exclude the possibility that alleles that are correlated with aggression/criminality (such as the 2r allele of the MAOA gene) may also be unequally distributed?
Genetic things are slow. The change we see in the inner cities is far too fast to be genetic.

The idea that behavior is solely genetically determined is incredibly stupid.

Maybe not solely but the high hereditary of behavior is well established in psychology.

Maybe not solely genetic but the high heredity of behavior is well established in psychology. People just don’t like the results.

If the duration of poverty matters it's something that's become part of the family or culture and not an effect of being poor.
Prove it.

Both groups were heavily discriminated against, one bounced back quickly.
hat ignores the drastic difference in the discrimination in both duration and severity between the two groups.
That says being poor isn't self-perpetuating and thus shows that things like affirmative action are not required.
Nope.

Oleg said:
Maybe not solely genetic but the high heredity of behavior is well established in psychology. People just don’t like the results.
"High heredity of behavior" is such an ill-defined term. Some behavior is and some is not. The determinants of behavior are varied both in extent and effect.. We know much less about determinants of human behavior than people like you claim.

Last edited:
Crime causes poverty.

Mayor Sherrell has also seen crime in Milton rise over the past few years.

“We’ve just seen this steady increase and it’s getting more brazen,” she said. “It started with mailboxes being broken into, I recently had a package stolen off my porch, but to see a young lady get attacked in the parking lot, going to the grocery store, it’s gone too far.”

Hernandez says that most the crime seen in Milton doesn’t come from residents, but criminals passing through the city.

He also expressed frustration at state laws that he says keep officers from being effective in catching them.

“We can’t be as proactive as we’d like to be because the pursuit rules have changed,” he stated. “It’s emboldened our criminals so that they know that if an officer gets behind them, the only thing they have to do is take off and we can’t chase them.”

Sherrell says she hopes that something will be done soon, because she feels how to rising crime has transformed her city.

I no longer keep things in the driveway, I have six cameras on my home. I carry pepper spray, I’m thinking about learning how to shoot a gun. It’s changing us,” Sherrell said.
Crime definitely causes poverty. You and I only seem to disagree on what types of crimes, how long ago those crimes occurred and the race of who commited the crimes cause poverty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For sure. I'm certain destroying the psychology of a people for hundreds of years has no effect on subsequent generations. :rolleyes:

There is no God, but HE made us all equal.
Aha! Now I get why the Jewish/Christian/Muslim deity is such a messed-up dude: He's male, there are no female goddesses in his realm. He has no hope of getting laid!

For sure. I'm certain destroying the psychology of a people for hundreds of years has no effect on subsequent generations. :rolleyes:
It’s clearly your own fault if you’re too lazy to rise up above your circumstances.

The heritability of self-control: A meta-analysis

Genes significantly contribute to differences in self-control: the overall heritability is 60%.
Is there a point to these apparently random references? Assuming for argument's sake that heredity accounts for 60% of all types of human behavior (a theoretical assumption), what would that mean?
If heredity plays a major factor in behavior - which it does - then it should be considered when formulating policy. But it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom