• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

nve80d1rbqd91.jpg

over the last few days anoter string of shootings and murders. Technically not a mass shooting when it does not happen all at once.

over the last few days anoter string of shootings and murders. Technically not a mass shooting when it does not happen all at once.

I like this one:

Woman Shot After Opening Fire Inside Dallas Love Field Airport

It was a nice example of Texas style resolution of a personal problem. Apparently, a woman believed her husband was cheating on her. So she got her gun and went to the airport. Once there, she changed her clothes in the restroom for some reason, exited, and announced her problem--that her husband was cheating on her and she was therefore "Gonna blow this sucker up". She fired a round at the ceiling, and it was reported that most of the shots were apparently fired at the ceiling. Naturally, everyone began running or dodged for cover. But think about how considerate this woman was.

1) She didn't actually shoot anyone.
2) She gave everyone a fair chance to find cover.
3) She wasn't wearing body armor.
4) She apparently hadn't brought an AR-15 with a high capacity magazine designed to commit mass murder.
5) The police and/or airport security didn't run away or hunker down behind shields. They just shot her.

The woman was taken away to the hospital, and I don't know her condition now. However, it was good that no one else was shot. The only thing is that this was Texas. Why wasn't some good guy civilian with a gun also shooting at her? Are people not allowed to carry their guns for personal protection openly in Texas airports? If not, this sounds like a loophole in gun rights laws that the Texas legislature needs to fix.

Yesterday a woman was found shot dead in her car in the area. Daily reporting.

Yesterday a guy started shooting atple and ran into somebody's house when chased by police. House caught fire and burned down.

It does not register anymore. I watch what's going on around when I am out on the streets and public transit. I carry pepper spray and practice breaking somebody's knee with my cane or a kick. I have had several confrontations which diffused.

I like this one:

It was a nice example of Texas style resolution of a personal problem. Apparently, a woman believed her husband was cheating on her. So she got her gun and went to the airport. Once there, she changed her clothes in the restroom for some reason, exited, and announced her problem--that her husband was cheating on her and she was therefore "Gonna blow this sucker up". She fired a round at the ceiling, and it was reported that most of the shots were apparently fired at the ceiling. Naturally, everyone began running or dodged for cover. But think about how considerate this woman was.

4) She apparently hadn't brought an AR-15 with a high capacity magazine designed to commit mass murder.
5) The police and/or airport security didn't run away or hunker down behind shields. They just shot her.

The woman was taken away to the hospital, and I don't know her condition now. However, it was good that no one else was shot. The only thing is that this was Texas. Why wasn't some good guy civilian with a gun also shooting at her? Are people not allowed to carry their guns for personal protection openly in Texas airports? If not, this sounds like a loophole in gun rights laws that the Texas legislature needs to fix.

I don't think this is a mass shooting, but a suicide by cop.

I like this one:

I don't think this is a mass shooting, but a suicide by cop.
I think it was just someone who was driven to the brink and wanted to make a huge public statement but reallly did not have it in her to shoot at anyone. Plus, it doesn’t seem like her husband was in the crowd. Such a tragedy. Now the bastard doesn’t have to go through a divorce and worry about division of assets. Police did him a huge favor.

Now the bastard
Do you also have choice words for women who allegedly cheat, or only for men? Or are you, as I suspect, on the side of cheating wives because they are female?

doesn’t have to go through a divorce and worry about division of assets. Police did him a huge favor.
She is not dead. She can still get half his assets in a divorce. If there is even a cheating husband at all. She is coocoo for cocoa puffs.

A handgun is a lot easier to conceal in your bra and almost as deadly as an AR15.

Why are Dems so monomaniacally obsessed with that weapon? Gavin Newsom just signed some cockamamie law against so-called assault weapons and congressional Dems are seeking to revive the almost useless assault weapons ban.
Meanwhile, vast majority of gun homicides are committed using good old non-assaulty handguns.

Now the bastard
Do you also have choice words for women who allegedly cheat, or only for men? Or are you, as I suspect, on the side of cheating wives because they are female?

doesn’t have to go through a divorce and worry about division of assets. Police did him a huge favor.
She is not dead. She can still get half his assets in a divorce. If there is even a cheating husband at all. She is coocoo for cocoa puffs.
Derec, I really should not have written that as flippantly as I had. It seems obvious that she was extremely angry and very overwrought. It seems pretty clear that she did not actually intend to shoot anyone. Only because she obviously didn't actually intend to shoot anyone (because she didn't shoot anyone or aim at anyone) did I write so flippantly.

To me, the pronouns don't matter; the sex doesn't matter. I'm glad no one was killed. I'm happy if she survives. No, I don't think anyone should shoot their spouse, even if their spouse is a lying cheating bastard who gave them the clap and emptied their bank accounts and burned all of their photo albums.

I understand why the police shot her; they probably had no other option that was safe for the public who played no part in her drama with her spouse---if indeed her spouse had cheated on her. She may just be delusional.

Edited: Yeah, she's seriously mentally ill. I'm glad no one was hurt, except her and hope that she gets the help she so obviously needs. She's certainly a danger to others and to herself.

And YES I definitely would argue the same if she were he.

Derec, I really should not have written that as flippantly as I had. It seems obvious that she was extremely angry and very overwrought.
To put it mildly.
It seems pretty clear that she did not actually intend to shoot anyone. Only because she obviously didn't actually intend to shoot anyone (because she didn't shoot anyone or aim at anyone) did I write so flippantly.
From what I have read, she did point the gun at the officer right before she got shot.

To me, the pronouns don't matter; the sex doesn't matter. I'm glad no one was killed. I'm happy if she survives. No, I don't think anyone should shoot their spouse,
Well that's good. Although I do not think you would be flippantly calling some guys wife names if he chose to shoot up an airport ostensibly because of her cheating.

even if their spouse is a lying cheating bastard who gave them the clap and emptied their bank accounts and burned all of their photo albums.
That's an awfully specific scenario ...

Derec, I really should not have written that as flippantly as I had. It seems obvious that she was extremely angry and very overwrought.
To put it mildly.
It seems pretty clear that she did not actually intend to shoot anyone. Only because she obviously didn't actually intend to shoot anyone (because she didn't shoot anyone or aim at anyone) did I write so flippantly.
From what I have read, she did point the gun at the officer right before she got shot.

To me, the pronouns don't matter; the sex doesn't matter. I'm glad no one was killed. I'm happy if she survives. No, I don't think anyone should shoot their spouse,
Well that's good. Although I do not think you would be flippantly calling some guys wife names if he chose to shoot up an airport ostensibly because of her cheating.

even if their spouse is a lying cheating bastard who gave them the clap and emptied their bank accounts and burned all of their photo albums.
That's an awfully specific scenario ...
I was in the zone, I guess. Blame my parents for playing all of that country music when I was a kid.

"A constitutional joke": Jamie Raskin destroys Republicans' 2nd Amendment fantasy | Salon.com - "Democratic Rep. Raskin called out GOP Rep. Chip Roy of Texas for his views on using guns against the government"

Acyn on Twitter: "Raskin is pretty good at this (vid link)" / Twitter
Showing video of Rep. JR in action.

Raskin went on to read two sections of the Constitution, Article IV Section 4, and Article III Section 3, which classify armed resistance against the government as "domestic violence" and "treason."

He then invalidated the "insurrectionist view" of the Second Amendment, which Roy argued stems from a speech by Founding Father Patrick Henry in 1778, in which Henry argued for individuals to have the right to bear arms to defend "public liberty."

Raskin concluded that even former conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who subscribed to an originalist view of the Constitution, agreed that the Second Amendment did not protect the right for anyone to carry an assault rifle in any case, as he articulated in the District of Columbia v. Heller decision.

"We're not telling them to repeal the Second Amendment, we're telling them to read the Second Amendment," he said.
IV.4: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

III.3: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

Here's another one:
I.8: "To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

JR is a former professor of Constitutional law, so he ought to know something about the US Constitution.
Jamin Raskin - Faculty - American University Washington College of Law
Congressman Jamie Raskin, who represents Maryland’s 8th District in the U.S. Congress, is a Professor of Law Emeritus at American University Washington College of Law, where he taught courses such as Constitutional Law, The First Amendment, and Legislative Process for more than 25 years. He is founding Director of the law school’s Program on Law and Government (with the late Tom Sargentich).

It's fairly obvious that the well ordered militia is for the purpose of defending our liberty from the indigenous peoples and former colonial powers that might seek to overthrow the legitimate theft of the land establishment of a republic in the United States.

Attempting to overthrow the government is only allowed if that government is based on the other side of an ocean, or is made up of people who haven't even got the basic decency to divide the land and people into privately owned assets.

With recent stabbings it is looking like the availability of knives may need to be restricted.

With recent stabbings it is looking like the availability of knives may need to be restricted.
Like that stabbing in Saskatchewan with 10 dead and 18 injured.
1 suspect in mass stabbing in Canada found dead, the other is still missing

Maybe Canada needs to ban those assault knives ...
In light of the USA's homicide rate being more than 3 times higher than Canada's, the need for gun control in the former nation seems to be more acute.

As for mass killings in Canada over the past 50 years, 15 of the victims died from knife wounds and 60 were killed by firearm. That's a ratio of 1 in 5. So stop your bullshit, both of you.

Back
Top Bottom