• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden begins erasing girls on day one: transgender executive order

FIFY

Instead of pointless ad hom attacks on conservatives, how about addressing the issue? Perhaps you could answer Metaphor's question in post #48.

By the way are you going to criticize Metaphor's "pointless ad hom attacks" he makes on the people he's criticizing, or is it only leftists you tone police? I'm under no obligation to play nice with someone like Metaphor.

This is pretty pathetic rationalizing of irrational behavior.

Reactions: WAB
FIFY

Instead of pointless ad hom attacks on conservatives, how about addressing the issue? Perhaps you could answer Metaphor's question in post #48.

By the way are you going to criticize Metaphor's "pointless ad hom attacks" he makes on the people he's criticizing, or is it only leftists you tone police? I'm under no obligation to play nice with someone like Metaphor.

This is pretty pathetic rationalizing of irrational behavior.

I don't really care, do u?

Reactions: WAB
The point is, the title of the OP is a lie that depends on the reader's definition of 'Girl' to match their own. What I've seen isn't an Ad-Hom, to be fair. It's a conflation* equivocation.

Last edited:
The point is, the title of the OP is a lie that depends on the reader's definition of 'Girl' to match their own. What I've seen isn't an Ad-Hom, to be fair. It's a conflation.

Stop fucking commenting on posts from people you've blocked <Deleted>.

EDITED: Jarhyn does not even understand what the word 'lie' means and has not even read any of the text in the OP.

There are no ad homs in my OP. There is name calling. The name calling reflects my feelings towards the people mentioned. The name calling is not positioned as a rebuttal to any arguments they may or may not have made.

FURTHER EDITED: Jarhyn <Deleted> he thinks the 'ad homs' might have referred to something in the title (what he's seen) instead of the text of the OP. There is obviously nothing in the title of the thread that fits even a mistaken understanding of an ad hom.

babylonjaropening.jpg

The misogynists have come out to play, I see.

Er...just for clarification, who are the misogynists again? The ones who are on the side of the biological women, or the ones who are on the side of the MTF transwomen?

The conservatives. Particularly folks like Lion IRC.

WHOA...settle down pal.
I posted a position that if wokesters and SJW's mean what they say about gender equality, then there should be no discrimination whatsoever. Women SHOULD be allowed to compete in mens' sports.

whiteread_chess001.jpg

Poor insecure, small-dicked right wingers are really upset about catching gender dysphoria.

Hey - maybe y'all should go get tested?

Do you agree with this executive order, that trans-identified males should be able to compete against females in high school sports?

I don't agree with it. Honestly there should be a trans-identified males sports just as there are Women's, Men's and Wheelchair sports. That's my opinion.

Poor insecure, small-dicked right wingers are really upset about catching gender dysphoria.

Hey - maybe y'all should go get tested?

Do you agree with this executive order, that trans-identified males should be able to compete against females in high school sports?

I don't agree with it. Honestly there should be a trans-identified males sports just as there are Women's, Men's and Wheelchair sports. That's my opinion.

I don't really give one flying fuck about it. I'm fine with any solution that pleases the most people.
Meanwhile I reserve my right to paroxysms of laughter about right wingers' paranoia about catching gender dysphoria.

[discussing the straw-man they posted]

No, you posted a meaningless straw-man argument that saw direct response, to which your rebuttal was <crickets>

I mean for fuck sakes it's right here in this thread. Are you assuming, like Jason Harvestdancer that we don't know where the "previous" button on the thread page is, and are somehow unable to look for ourselves?

The ones who don't acknowledge that "biological" is a non-starter in the conversation because those who use the phrase "biological woman", in the way they use it here, betray a gross lack of knowledge as to what "biology" has to say on the matter.

Biology itself is messy. It's a spectrum. There is no such thing as a "biological woman" for the same reason there is not on this earth a person who is actually "normal". These aren't concepts that can be applied to individuals, only held in imperfect and arbitrary comparison.

Sorry Jarhyn, but this is patently false. Sex is not a spectrum, it's a binary. It can be 100% accurately defined by exactly two elements: type of gamete. If the person in question has the equipment to produce small motile gametes, then they are male; otherwise they are female. Humans are no different from any other mammal (and most other vertebrates) in this matter. We are a species that reproduces vie two (exactly two) sexes. There is no other sex in any mammal. And those concepts, which are quite clearly defined and not at all messy, can very accurately be applied to individuals.

Even in cases of intersex disorders, which are NOT third sexes or spectrums, the disorder is related to the development of sexual characteristics and the individuals are still clearly only male or female. The only possible exception would be a person who is a chimera, with chimeric reproduction, who has both large immobile gametes and small motile gametes. I don't think there's a documented case of that situation though.

Umm... also confident adult females who have some concerns about the effect of this on the functional equality of females.

It's easy to just dismiss people by assuming malice and pettiness, but this really isn't a perfectly clear-cut issue.

Umm... also confident adult females who have some concerns about the effect of this on the functional equality of females.

Oh, do tell how what is in someone else's pants that you don't even know is there will impact your equality?

Because why has been posed WRT sports isn't "equality" at all. It's continued segregation.

If you wanted equality you would be tearing down the walls over the fact that sports are separated by gender OR sex rather than hormonal competitive advantage.

It would also solve hairy problems like XXY athletes...

Oh, do tell how what is in someone else's pants that you don't even know is there will impact your equality?

Because why has been posed WRT sports isn't "equality" at all. It's continued segregation.

If you wanted equality you would be tearing down the walls over the fact that sports are separated by gender OR sex rather than hormonal competitive advantage.

It would also solve hairy problems like XXY athletes...

Biophobia is real.

Back
Top Bottom