• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bidengate Breaks... err... down

Well, I’m sure that a disinterested, unbiased Republican-led congressional investigation will get right to the truth of the matter.

Hey,
I've got a pair of Nancy Pelosi's panties found in Trump's private bathroom at Mar-A-Lago. Swear to god, the maid found them and did DNA analysis.

Waddya think that means?
Tom

The Daily Mail is famous for pushing rightwing conspiracy theories,
Is it indeed? The Daily Mail is famous for many things but I can’t say that I’ve ever heard they are famous for pushing right wing conspiracy theories.

It depends on who you ask. Obviously, rightwing conspiracy theorists wouldn't see it that way, but...

And they were among the first to push the Hunter Biden laptop conspiracy theory. This is just a follow-up in the same vein.

I thought it was a US publication, the New York Post that started things off.

I do not believe that the FBI or the MSM have suppressed the story.

The FBI initially declared the laptop story as a "classic Russia misinformation" operation and went about cajoling the likes of FaceBook and Twitter to prevent its dissemination across its platforms. etc. That's not cool.

The laptop may or may not be Hunter's laptop.

The FBI initially declared the laptop story as a "classic Russia misinformation" operation and went about cajoling the likes of FaceBook and Twitter to prevent its dissemination across its platforms. etc.
Need to see some receipts on that assertion, chief. Pretty certain the FBI doesn't make public statements about ongoing investigations post 2016.

The FBI initially declared the laptop story as a "classic Russia misinformation" operation and went about cajoling the likes of FaceBook and Twitter to prevent its dissemination across its platforms. etc. That's not cool.

That was what they found after examining the laptop drive's contents, and I think that they had more resources devoted to it than the guy that CBS interviewed. This is not "suppressing" the story. It is just coming to a conclusion about the story that doesn't fit the Republican narrative and that you don't like.

The laptop may or may not be Hunter's laptop.

I hate to admit it, but, from a strictly logical point of view, you are almost certain to be right. 🤔

Last edited:

That was what they found after examining the laptop drive's contents, {snip}

What exactly was found that proved this was all a "Russian misinformation" operation and should be suppressed?

This is not "suppressing" the story. It is just coming to a conclusion about the story that doesn't fit the Republican narrative and that you don't like.

How is pressuring FaceBook and Twitter to close it down NOT trying to suppress the story?

This has already been debunked.

This has already been debunked.
That's not important.

When there's a very clear and obvious correct answer to any question that makes the Republicans look bad, you will find a vast avalanche of claims about the question, addressing it from all possible angles and making as many ancillary claims as possible.

The objective is to force people to work hard if they want to find out what is true, in the certain knowledge that if they have to work hard, they won't bother. "I don't know which side is wrong" is a better outcome for the GOP than "I know the GOP are wrong". So the important thing is to keep putting up more and more horseshit, so that there's just too much of it to debunk; And when it has been debunked, to ignore that fact and keep piling on the bullshit as though nothing had happened.

What exactly was found that proved this was all a "Russian misinformation" operation and should be suppressed?

Rubbish. The FBI said that the story was potentially polarizing. Zuckerberg himself took that warning as an excuse for his actions. Then he goes out of his way to complain that he was bullied as a way of deflecting blame onto the government for his own actions. What did they threaten him with? In Russia, they threaten media companies with being declared foreign agents under their law. Zuckerberg was just engaging in a passive aggressive attack on the government for telling him that his company needed to be aware of a controversy surrounding an issue.

The objective is to force people to work hard if they want to find out what is true,
Actually, I timed myself. 1:12 was all it took to find out TSwizzle's assertions about the FBI were crap.

It claimed that a laptop, abandoned in a repair shop by Hunter Biden, contained emails which included details of Hunter introducing a Ukrainian energy tycoon to his father and arranging a meeting. There is no record on Mr Biden's schedule that such a meeting ever took place.
Critically, it fed into long-running unproven allegations about corruption on Joe Biden's part to ensure his son's business success in Ukraine.
In that context, the New York Post story, based on exclusive data no other news agency had access to, was met with scepticism - and censored by social media outlets.
Zuckerberg told Rogan: "The background here is that the FBI came to us - some folks on our team - and was like 'hey, just so you know, you should be on high alert. We thought there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election, we have it on notice that basically there's about to be some kind of dump that's similar to that'."
He said the FBI did not warn Facebook about the Biden story in particular - only that Facebook thought it "fit that pattern".

This is the problem arguing with Q-Tards. Every time they assert something you just know it's going to be inaccurate. It's not hard work per se to debunk them, but it gets to the point where you just wish you could say, "Stop fucking lying, cunt". I guess I just wish these fuckheads were as harmless as the fake moon landings or flat earth crowds.

Which is consistent with the fact that Trump tried to get the Ukrainian President to announce a fake investigation into Biden.

I guess I just wish these fuckheads were as harmless as the fake moon landings or flat earth crowds.
They are all one in the same these days. You debunk UFOs? You are a libtard government shill. Debunk chemtrails? Libtard government shill. The GOP has absorbed every stupid assed conspiracy theory and pseudoscientific "theory". Joe Mercola? He's GOP now. Mike Adams "The Health Ranger" of Natural News? GOP. Stephanie Seneff? GOP. Fuck, Andrew Wakefield is probably going to immigrate and join the GOP. Shit, their running Dr. Oz for Senate and having a Birther as their supreme leader says it all. I watched the strategy to pull those Tulsi Gabbard types over starting back in 2009-2010 and have come to believe that it has been a deliberate strategy. They started pushing the Democrat = NWO idea before Obama was even sworn in. Then they embraced the DHS Bullet conspiracy theories, FEMA coffins, etc... It has gotten to the point that the Truthers seem to have forgotten that Bush was a Republican and that McConnell et al. were all here straight though 9/11 and on. They think that Trump is some kind of white knight saving them from the NWO/zionists/Generic Nefarious Powers That Be. You'd think that would stop GOP from winning general elections but the rest of the Republicans seem perfectly happy to have those theories and supporters in their tent.

Rubbish. The FBI said that the story was potentially polarizing.

That should not be any concern for FBI.

Zuckerberg himself took that warning as an excuse for his actions. Then he goes out of his way to complain that he was bullied as a way of deflecting blame onto the government for his own actions. What did they threaten him with?
I never said the FBI threatened him but I'm pretty sure they either pressured or manipulated big tech to suppress the story. And there is probably some truth to what you say about Zuckerburg deflecting blame as he was probably quite willing to go along with FBI "suggestions".

I was talking with someone (another liberal, but not really political savvy) and they were saying the Democrats and Republicans aren't talking to each other. It is too polarized. I replied that the MAGA movement isn't particularly a partisan divide, they believe in nonsensical stuff. This isn't about differing opinions on tax policy and how to drive revenue. This is about one part of the GOP side being mentally out of their minds and entirely incapable of being spoken to.

I never said the FBI threatened him but I'm pretty sure they either pressured or manipulated big tech to suppress the story.
So you have a feeling about it? What a compelling argument. This could explain why every time I ask someone what the big deal is about Hunter's laptop I never get a coherent answer.

I was talking with someone (another liberal, but not really political savvy) and they were saying the Democrats and Republicans aren't talking to each other. It is too polarized. I replied that the MAGA movement isn't particularly a partisan divide, they believe in nonsensical stuff. This isn't about differing opinions on tax policy and how to drive revenue. This is about one part of the GOP side being mentally out of their minds and entirely incapable of being spoken to.
Those who believe absurdities, worry me about what their next move will be.

I never said the FBI threatened him but I'm pretty sure they either pressured or manipulated big tech to suppress the story.
So you have a feeling about it? What a compelling argument. This could explain why every time I ask someone what the big deal is about Hunter's laptop I never get a coherent answer.
There is no coherent answer. Hunter Biden's laptop is a black box. Does anyone know what's in there? Aside from Hunter Biden and maybe the FBI (if the laptop in question even belonged to him), there really isn't much information. Which helps the "cause." The less people know about Hunter Biden's laptop, the more Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson are able to say "what's on there? We don't know! Doesn't that sound suspicious?"

It's a lot like Hillary's deleted emails. The fact that they were deleted plays into the "but her emails!" narrative perfectly. They could have been nothing other than an "LOL" reply to a joke someone sent her, but if you're a conspiracy theorist you can imagine that they were photos of children being sold at an auction block in the basement of a pizza parlor.

Meanwhile, photos of actual classified documents spread out on the floor of Trump's office in Mar A Largo elicit claims that it was an FBI plot to make him look bad, and the fact that he had them in the first place is no big deal.

This is the problem arguing with Q-Tards. Every time they assert something you just know it's going to be inaccurate. It's not hard work per se to debunk them, but it gets to the point where you just wish you could say, "Stop fucking lying, cunt". I guess I just wish these fuckheads were as harmless as the fake moon landings or flat earth crowds.
It's the basic problem with religions. So long as there is one piece of not-debunked "evidence" they take that as proof they are right. Conspiracy theories are basically a subcategory of religion--there's a core belief that is taken on faith and the strongly faithful are basically incapable of comprehending any argument that rebuts it.

It's a lot like Hillary's deleted emails. The fact that they were deleted plays into the "but her emails!" narrative perfectly. They could have been nothing other than an "LOL" reply to a joke someone sent her, but if you're a conspiracy theorist you can imagine that they were photos of children being sold at an auction block in the basement of a pizza parlor.
Innocuous emails could just be in code. If you want to believe you will find a way to believe no matter what!

Back
Top Bottom