• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bigoted Doctor Fired

A young Jewish woman could not have seen Palestinian oppression of the Jews first hand.

You can't create an equivalent opposite scenario.

If some young Jewish student has hatred of victims that is a different scenario.

It is one thing to hate an oppressor and another to hate the victims of oppression because they fight back.

So, it's not a 'likely' threat, and she should be judged on her intent based on how unlikely it would be to carry the threat out?

BUT, you said:
And she didn't even know which meds did what or how meds were regulated and dispensed when she said it.

So, we're NOT supposed to credit her with having any MEDICINAL knowledge at that stage in her education, (at least, not enough knowledge to fuck up a prescription, though clearly she knows enough to suggest that fucked up prescriptions are possible AND bad things to happen) but we should trust that she fully understands the oversight provided by supervisory doctors (And a near-religious respect for a mythical oversight by hospital pharmacists), so she'd know she could never carry out this threat she doesn't know how to make....

Just a little twisty, innit?
She doesn't know the basics of the job, but she is proficient at the safety measures of that stage of the job..

Meh.

Ultimately, the plausibility of the threat is probably not the salient detail. If an OB/GYN were to say "I would use my grandma's deck of tarot cards to abort all the nigger babies that came through my office." I would expect her to be canned, not to worry about whether tarot cards had the power to apply curses.

A young Jewish woman could not have seen Palestinian oppression of the Jews first hand.
What do you mean? She could suffer a Palestinian terrorist attack. Arabs have been doing terrorist attacks on Israel for decades.

BTW, that's why I find it sick that some people are so eager to defend Israel's attacks on civilians. That's imitating their terrorist opponents. Yes, imitating them. I think that Hamas officials are fair game, however, like the one who was killed by that Mossad hit squad in Dubai.

If some young Jewish student has hatred of victims that is a different scenario.

It is one thing to hate an oppressor and another to hate the victims of oppression because they fight back.

Imagine an American Jewish woman saying about muslims, who are Palestinian or of Palestinian descent, all the things the woman in the OP said about Jews. It's not that hard to just say how you would respond to that scenario.

Last edited:
Yeah right. I'm a pharmacist but I'm ignorant of how the process works and you know more about it.

Delusion.

I know what the paper I bring says.

And I strongly suspect you're a pharmacy tech, not a pharmacist. They're very different jobs.

Imagine an American Jewish woman saying about muslims, who are Palestinian or of Palestinian descent, all the things the woman in the OP said about Jews. It's not that hard to just say how you would respond to that scenario.

If a young Jewish person talked about Palestinians like that I would want to know why?

Why does Palestinian victimhood make a person hate the victim?

So called "terrorism" is a response to oppression. To not understand that would be troubling.

But it is easy to understand why the relatives of the victims of decades of oppression would have anger.

Yeah right. I'm a pharmacist but I'm ignorant of how the process works and you know more about it.

Delusion.

I know what the paper I bring says.

And I strongly suspect you're a pharmacy tech, not a pharmacist. They're very different jobs.

If it is a deliberate wrong drug that does you harm the pharmacy has a record of who deliberately did you harm and how they did it.

It is like hitting somebody with a hammer with your name and address stamped into it and leaving the hammer.

What you think about things is usually wrong so why stop here?

I have a PharmD and am a licensed pharmacist.

That is how I understand that correlations between schizophrenia and marijuana use say absolutely nothing about causation.

The pharmacist knows what diagnosis a drug is used for.

So if the resident prescribes a drug that does not fit the patient's diagnosis the pharmacist will know it.

And if the resident does not make the proper diagnosis their supervising physician will know it.

There is no way to deliberately give a patient the wrong drug during a residency and get away with it.

Empty threats are meaningless.

You continue to think the pharmacist knows the diagnosis.

You claim to be a pharmacist. ~15 years ago a general practitioner here prescribed a week of quinine for me. What's the diagnosis?

Hint: He also prescribed doxycycline. I filled the script myself. Now you have all the information the pharmacist had other than the dose which I don't remember.

That's cute.

He thinks he can prove that she could never, ever hurt anyone as a resident, but the evidence that she would never hurt anyone as an attending is that she never did hurt anyone as a resident.

But anyone worried about her racist threat is the one making shit up....

It is the stupidest crime there can be.

It is like stabbing somebody and putting your name and address on the knife.

Every prescription is easily traceable right back to the physician who wrote it.

Their name is right on it.

It is easy to make stupid jokes when you have nothing to lose.

A lot harder to actually harm people when you have a lot to lose.

And this women is just the tip of the iceberg. She is just the small minority that expresses their hatred.

The actions of Israel these past decades has caused a lot of people to hate Jews.

Many of them are physicians.

You think Lebanese physicians love the people that attacked their country over and over?

Plenty of Muslims have committed suicide attacks.

And not all medicines would leave the clear paper trail you are talking about.

What about replacing a vaccine with a suspension of thallium? The records would only show the vaccine.

You continue to think the pharmacist knows the diagnosis.

You claim to be a pharmacist. ~15 years ago a general practitioner here prescribed a week of quinine for me. What's the diagnosis?

That combination treats a protozoan parasite that is chloroquine-resistant.

Malaria.

But any tech could find that out in less than a few minutes.

On the internet anybody could find it out very quickly.

What do you mean? She could suffer a Palestinian terrorist attack. Arabs have been doing terrorist attacks on Israel for decades.

BTW, that's why I find it sick that some people are so eager to defend Israel's attacks on civilians. That's imitating their terrorist opponents. Yes, imitating them. I think that Hamas officials are fair game, however, like the one who was killed by that Mossad hit squad in Dubai.

It's amazing how many of those Palestinian "civilians" are young and male. And it's amazing how many "civilians" get martyrdom pages months after their deaths when the news isn't looking at them anymore. (Hint: Only members of the terrorist organizations get such pages.)

And of the ones that are truly civilians the majority are human shields.

Plenty of Muslims have committed suicide attacks.

I do not support it but it is a response to oppression not oppression.

And not all medicines would leave the clear paper trail you are talking about.

Every prescribed medication has a paper trail.

What about replacing a vaccine with a suspension of thallium? The records would only show the vaccine.

I know of no pharmacy with thallium. I don't know how you could get it.

There is one drug that is an element.

That is today's quiz.

I do not believe this girls plan was to get through med school then get through residencies just to commit crimes easily discoverable.

I think this attempt to move goalposts is irrelevant.

The point is that she has shown a long and clear virulent hateful bias against Jewish people, which included a public threat to switch their medications to harm them. Do I think she was playing a specific long game to commit a specific crime? No. Do I think she shows a clear inability to uphold the Hippocratic Oath? Yes. And that is the reason Cleveland Clinic was correct in booting her from their program.

Not caring for patients deliberately can easily harm you.

I know you don't care that it is impossible to jump over the moon. He threatened to do it so it is a real possibility.

Condemning the reverse scenario is obviously a bit tricky for you so far.

What do you mean?

The reverse scenario is happening.

People are being deliberately harmed.

By U.S. doctors in U.S. hospitals? Kindly provide evidence.

I do not believe this girls plan was to get through med school then get through residencies just to commit crimes easily discoverable.

Oh, I'm sure that the opportunity to harm Jews was not her only reason to go through medical school plus residencies. More like: job perk.

And possibly you are correct: Possibly it was just a thoughtless statement by an immature person. But this immature person betrayed several character flaws that make anyone with an ounce of common sense question her fitness for job as physician:

1. She absolutely wrote that she intended to abuse her future position of power to harm others for political reasons. That position is one that requires that she actually do her best to provide the best treatment for all who seek her services, irrespective of their race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual preferences, etc. She stated that she intended to violate her oath. This indicates that she lacks the integrity to become a physician.

2. Suppose she only wrote what she did because she was angry. She demonstrated that she will allow her emotions to overcome her rational good sense if her feelings are sufficient aroused. This indicates that she does not have the temperament to become a physician.

3. Suppose that she only wrote what she did in order to impress/show off to others with similar political POV: she has demonstrated that she cares more about what other people think of her than she does of doing the right thing, as outlined in the precepts and principles of her chosen profession. She has demonstrated that she lacks the strength of character to be a physician.

The point is that she has shown a long and clear virulent hateful bias against Jewish people, which included a public threat to switch their medications to harm them. Do I think she was playing a specific long game to commit a specific crime? No. Do I think she shows a clear inability to uphold the Hippocratic Oath? Yes. And that is the reason Cleveland Clinic was correct in booting her from their program.

Oppression is evil and it creates emotional irrational thinking in the victims. The victims do not take it well in other words.

Did the young woman give anybody the wrong meds?

Oppression is evil and it creates emotional irrational thinking in the victims. The victims do not take it well in other words.

Did the young woman give anybody the wrong meds?

We don't know.

What I am certain of is that every medical practice during which time she had any access to any facet of patient care is thoroughly and exhaustively examining her work for any potential concerns that might come back to bite them in the form of a malpractice suit.

Delusion.
so, pharmacist. Please, tell us about the last time you saw a prescription and knew the doctor made a mistake?
How did you know the diagnosis was wrong? What made you check the diagnosis?
What did you do when you identified the mistake? Who did you tell?

What I am certain of is that every medical practice during which time she had any access to any facet of patient care is thoroughly and exhaustively examining her work for any potential concerns that might come back to bite them in the form of a malpractice suit.
AND a heaping bunch of people are reading the names on their old medicine bottles and insurance claims to see if Santa just brought them a new bedroom set...

Back
Top Bottom