• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

I've held conceal carry permits in 3 states now and EVERY class you sit through makes it clear that you DO NOT grab your guns and pursue anyone. Even if Arbery was actually guilty of a burglary, I'm pretty sure that's not punishable by death. This is a murder.
In the video it can be seen that Arbery grabbed the shotgun. Not murder. Manslaughter at most.
Oh bullshit

Under Georgia law a private citizen can attempt to arrest someone if they've actually witnessed a crime or have immediate knowledge of a crime, but only under those specific circumstances. They may not attempt to arrest someone for what they saw in a video taken days or weeks before, or on suspicion that the person they're after was thinking about committing a crime in the future.

We have him observed leaving the construction site. If he was there to steal, whether he did so or not, he's guilty of a felony. It appears that the conditions for a citizen's arrest were met. They were idiots but it appears they were operating within the law.

Under Georgia law a private citizen can attempt to arrest someone if they've actually witnessed a crime or have immediate knowledge of a crime, but only under those specific circumstances. They may not attempt to arrest someone for what they saw in a video taken days or weeks before, or on suspicion that the person they're after was thinking about committing a crime in the future.

We have him observed leaving the construction site. If he was there to steal, whether he did so or not, he's guilty of a felony. It appears that the conditions for a citizen's arrest were met. They were idiots but it appears they were operating within the law.

How are you going to prove the bolded?

We have him observed leaving the construction site. If he was there to steal, whether he did so or not, he's guilty of a felony.
Trespassing is a misdemeanor in GA. There is no evidence that he was there to steal anything. So what felony do you believe Mr. Arbery committed?
It appears that the conditions for a citizen's arrest were met. They were idiots but it appears they were operating within the law.
No, it does not.

How on earth is he guilty of a felony?

Why on earth are you presuming he was there to steal?

Oh, I forgot: he was black.

So you're saying there's a chance Arbery committed a thought crime and that justifies the McMichaels going after him with a shotgun?

I believe you committed a thought crime, Loren. Guess it's time I bought a shotgun just in case I ever see you around here.

Some more police nastiness.

brittany packnett cunningham does not do remixes. on Twitter: "The segment I cried through, because #BreonnaTaylor's name is not trending *everywhere.*
<TW: Police Violence>
Breonna Taylor was shot 8 times. She was killed by @LMPD executing a warrant at the WRONG house. This was 61 days ago, and they have done NOTHING. https://t.co/fIPAxjjAA4" / Twitter

LMPD - Louisville KY Metro Police Department

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "#BreonnaTaylor’s family deserves justice.
It is so dehumanizing that Breonna’s family & many others must launch public campaigns just to have victim’s lives recognized & given the dignity of due process.
She was killed two months ago,& nothing has happened since. #SayHerName ⬇️" / Twitter

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Thank you @MsPackyetti for elevating this story and speaking to it so powerfully." / Twitter

brittany packnett cunningham does not do remixes. on Twitter: "@AOC Thank you so much for amplifying it. Praying attention turns into accountability.
Folks can take action at https://t.co/zmqThVrZMg" / Twitter

FIGHT FOR BREONNA.
Breonna Taylor loved to help people.

Breonna Taylor was an award-winning EMT and first responder in Lousiville, KY, who loved helping her patients and her community. “She was an essential worker. She had to go to work,” her mother, Tamika Palmer said of her dedication to standing on the frontlines of this pandemic. “She didn’t have a problem with that.”

Breonna survived the frontlines of a pandemic that disproportionately kills Black people, only to have her life stolen by police.

Breonna should be alive.

On the night of March 13th, the Louisville Metro Police executed a warrant at the wrong home, looking for drugs they never found, and for a person they already had in custody.

They sprayed her home with 20 rounds, shooting Breonna 8 times, killing her in her bed.

Breonna deserves accountability.

Neither the Louisville Metro Police nor Mayor Greg Fischer have given her mother any answers. “Not one person has talked to me. Not one person has explained anything to me,” Tamika Palmer, Taylor’s mother, said in an interview. “I want justice for her. I want them to say her name. There’s no reason Breonna should be dead at all.”

Louisville must meet our demands.

1. Demand the Mayor and City Council address the use of force by LMPD.

2. Fire and revoke the pensions of the officers that murdered Breonna.

3. Provide all necessary information to a local, independent civilian community police accountability council #CPAC.

4. Create policy for transparent investigation process due to law enforcement misconduct.

Mindreading is now one of those magical black people powers? He ‘knew’ why a couple of white men with firearms were chasing him? Well I suppose he did realize his life was in danger. But please do not pretend that they owned the property under construction or had access to video surveillance or were hired to provide security for the property. At the very most, one could say honestly that Arbery was trespassing as doubtless others had been tresspasing in that property under construction had been trespassing and as someone—although not Arbery, had stolen unsecured tools from the property. We know it was t Arbery as he had no stolen property on him and the video does not show him taking anything.

The McMicaels had no legitimate reason to pursue Arbery while armed and he had no reason to stop because they demanded that he do so.
We won't get any progress if after every shooting fuckup, white idiot or not is automatically labeled as blood thirsty racist and black no matter how stupid or criminal is automatically labeled as perfect human being. You only make these rednecks legitimately angry, isolated and mistrusting you when you do that.

I haven’t done any of that. I’ve pointed out the truth of the situation.
The most likely truth is that the guy was not jogging but prowling, entered construction site, found that there was nothing and left. After that these two idiots recognized him from few years back and connected him to the recent theft at the site and decided to arrest him, they did not know that he just left the house, He went for the gun and got shot because of it.
The way to deal with giant babies with guns who think having guns makes them grown men and right about anything is not to shut up.
Agree about that
attachment.php

I haven’t done any of that. I’ve pointed out the truth of the situation.
The most likely truth is that the guy was not jogging but prowling, entered construction site, found that there was nothing and left.

Why is that likely? Because the guys who killed him said he was prowling? They would say that regardless of what Arbery was doing. It's their only plausible excuse for grabbing their guns and chasing him in their truck.

After that these two idiots recognized him from few years back and connected him to the recent theft at the site and decided to arrest him, they did not know that he just left the house,

The homeowner says there was no theft at the site. The only report of a theft in the neighborhood since the beginning of the year was the one Travis McMichael made when he reported that a handgun had been stolen from his unlocked truck. The story about stolen fishing tackle is unsubstantiated. Whoever that victim might have been, he wasn't the owner of the house under construction.

It does appear the McMichaels recognized Arbery. Perhaps they suspected him of stealing Travis' gun. But the story about him stealing from the construction site appears to be just a story.

He went for the gun and got shot because of it.

Pure speculation.

Travis might have pointed the gun at him, which would explain why his father said "Travis!" sharply but not with fear or alarm. He sounded more like a father seeing his kid about to do something stupid, not one fearing for his son's life. Arbery might have been attempting the keep the barrel pointed away from himself which led to the fight for control of the weapon.

Arbery had the right to defend himself from the two gun-toting yahoos menacing him and endangering his life. I know that's hard for some die-hard racists to accept but it's true.

Being white ≠ being right. Blacks don't have to submit meekly when their lives are endangered by white authority figures.

Last edited:
Arbery had the right to defend himself from the two gun-toting yahoos menacing him and endangering his life. I know that's hard for some die-hard racists to accept but it's true.

Arbery could have taken evasive action rather than run toward and then round the front of the truck and straight into a dangerous situation.

Why is that likely? Because the guys who killed him said he was prowling? They would say that regardless of what Arbery was doing. It's their only plausible excuse for grabbing their guns and chasing him in their truck.
His shorts are hard to run in. I don't need their word to determine that there were no jogging there.
After that these two idiots recognized him from few years back and connected him to the recent theft at the site and decided to arrest him, they did not know that he just left the house,

The homeowner says there was no theft at the site. The only report of a theft in the neighborhood since the beginning of the year was the one Travis McMichael made when he reported that a handgun had been stolen from his unlocked truck. The story about stolen fishing tackle is unsubstantiated. Whoever that victim might have been, he wasn't the owner of the house under construction.
Even if it was only their stolen gun it's more than enough to put these idiots on alert. Not enough for a legal citizen arrest but more than enough for a click in their tiny brains.
It does appear the McMichaels recognized Arbery. Perhaps they suspected him of stealing Travis' gun. But the story about him stealing from the construction site appears to be just a story.

He went for the gun and got shot because of it.

Pure speculation.
On the video Arbery runs full speed into Travis, then shot then clearly struggle over the gun and two more shots.
Travis might have pointed the gun at him, which would explain why his father said "Travis!" sharply but not with fear or alarm. He sounded more like a father seeing his kid about to do something stupid, not one fearing for his son's life. Arbery might have been attempting the keep the barrel pointed away from himself which led to the fight for control of the weapon.
I hear "Travis" only AFTER the first shot .
He attacked a guy with a loaded gun and lost. That's what on the video.

Being white ≠ being right. Blacks don't have to submit meekly when their lives are endangered by white authority figures.
Everyone in this story is wrong.

Last edited:

Arbery could have taken evasive action rather than run toward and then round the front of the truck and straight into a dangerous situation.

Arbery was keeping the truck between himself and the greatest threat*: Travis, who was out of the truck and holding a shotgun. Had he run too far from the truck in any direction, Travis would have had a clear shot at him.

But Travis didn't stay on his side of the truck. He went around the door to the front, apparently to intercept Arbery. What happened next cannot be seen but that's when the first gunshot is heard. When the two men reappeared, they were fighting for control of the weapon.

Had Travis stayed by the open driver's side door there wouldn't have been a fight for the shotgun. Heck, had he and his dad stayed home and not chased Arbery in their truck, there would have been no dangerous situation at all. So why are you criticizing Arbery for heading straight into a dangerous situation and not Travis?

*They teach this in the Active Shooter training video at my workplace. You're supposed to keep an obstacle/obstruction between yourself and the guy with the gun, not run out into the open. There's a clip of an actual incident where a guy keeps dodging around a tree so the shooter can't point the gun at him.

Arbery was keeping the truck between himself and the greatest threat*: Travis, who was out of the truck and holding a shotgun. Had he run too far from the truck in any direction, Travis would have had a clear shot at him.

I don’t think so, Arbery ran directly towards the truck. If he had run in the opposite direction or taken a hard right he probably would have been able to get away from these two slobs.

I don’t think so, Arbery ran directly towards the truck. If he had run in the opposite direction or taken a hard right he probably would have been able to get away from these two slobs.
The truck that had already cut him off once, then he turned and ran from it, then the truck caught up and cut him off again. Hard right? Through someone’s yard or through the woods which would make hiding his body easier?

His shorts are hard to run in. I don't need their word to determine that there were no jogging there.

LOLOLOL His shorts are hard to run in? WTF? Are you complaining that they don't have a Nike swoosh on them??????

Of all the lame ass excuses I've read, this one is the assiest.

Even if it was only their stolen gun it's more than enough to put these idiots on alert. Not enough for a legal citizen arrest but more than enough for a click in their tiny brains.

So, they had no reason nor right to chase Arbery down with loaded weapons and attempt to 'apprehend' him. I agree. They called the police and that was more than enough, given that Arbery had not stolen anything, nor had anything been stolen.

On the video Arbery runs full speed into Travis, then shot then clearly struggle over the gun and two more shots.

But but but you just said that Arbery's shorts were not good to run in. That was not reason to shoot him.

The fact that Arbery tried to disarm the crazy man who was threatening him with a gun does not make his murder his fault nor the shooting justifiable in any way.

He attacked a guy with a loaded gun and lost. That's what on the video.

Uh, two crazy men with guns chased him down in a truck and pointed their weapons at him. He tried to avoid being shot. That's not justification for McMichaels shooting him.

Last edited:

The truck that had already cut him off once, then he turned and ran from it, then the truck caught up and cut him off again. Hard right? Through someone’s yard or through the woods which would make hiding his body easier?

Also, running in the opposite direction would mean he was running straight toward the guy in the second truck that was also pursuing him.

Clearly the McMichaels intended to limit Arbery's options. Why not give them credit for succeeding in giving him little choice but to face them at gunpoint?

The McMichaels would never have caught up with him. Arbery was an accomplished athlete.

The logical action is to take the gun from one of the slobs, right?

Back
Top Bottom