• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

Sorry I am not buying "blacks are afraid of lynching" If anything it's opposite now. Larry English is afraid of lynching or something of the sort.

Make sense. The "Black Lives Matter" rioters in Ferguson vandalized and looted the store their hero Michael Brown robbed before his death.
It is dangerous to be a victim of somebody supported by #BLM.

Accept, as had come up in this thread, ge appears to be afraid of lynching by the other side.

Sorry I am not buying "blacks are afraid of lynching" If anything it's opposite now. Larry English is afraid of lynching or something of the sort.

Make sense. The "Black Lives Matter" rioters in Ferguson vandalized and looted the store their hero Michael Brown robbed before his death.

Disagree--there were two groups. The daytime BLM protesters who were mostly peaceful and the nighttime groups that were taking advantage of the situation and were nothing like peaceful.
Both groups were wrong, though.

Accept, as had come up in this thread, ge appears to be afraid of lynching by the other side.
He is afraid of both sides

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/far-right-groups-are-spreading-racist-false-claims-about-shooting-victim-ahmaud-arbery-analysts-say/2020/05/17/31cde428-962b-11ea-82b4-c8db161ff6e5_story.html

Far-right and neo-Nazi groups are spreading racist and false information about a black jogger who was fatally shot in Georgia to promote their agendas on social media platforms, according to organizations that monitor online extremist activity.
The campaigns gained traction after the release this month of a video showing the moments before Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was shot dead in February. Two white men were arrested and charged in the shooting after the video drew widespread attention to the incident.
Some of the online posts, which include racist language, memes and graphics, claim that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing boots when he was killed, as the groups try to create false narratives about his death, analysts said.

“The most remarkable finding is that an alternate narrative was created, most notably that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing Timberland boots — two claims which CCTV footage and mainstream media reporting does not support,” said a senior terrorism analyst for the Middle East Media Research Institute, which is collecting information related to the case. The analyst spoke on the condition of anonymity because of security concerns.

Disgusting!

“The most remarkable finding is that an alternate narrative was created, most notably that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing Timberland boots — two claims which CCTV footage and mainstream media reporting does not support,” said a senior terrorism analyst for the Middle East Media Research Institute, which is collecting information related to the case. The analyst spoke on the condition of anonymity because of security concerns.

I think the remarkable thing is that there is an actual job that pays to read and then publish what online trolls have to say. But the most remarkable thing is that people attach any significance to it. You’re pearl clutching over a cow’s opinion.

Apparently there is video showing that Arbery was chased for at least four minutes before the final confrontation where he was killed. So much for the 'just run the other way' argument.

This is being reported by such extreme liberal outlets as FOX News

Edit: Further looking for information shows that this is the original video we saw. Apparently what was leaked was only the very end of a longer video of the chase.

Last edited:
And even if you're too young to remember the 1980s, you might still remember the lynching of James Byrd Jr.. in the late 1990s.

Anecdotes from more than 20 years ago

Those aren't anecdotes.

do not change the [deliberately misleading] fact [estimate] that twice as many black people kill white people [due almost exclusively to the fact that a disproportionate number of black people live in more dangerous communities] as vice versa, [purposefully ignoring the real problem, which is cops killing more unarmed black people than unarmed white people.

fify

As has already been pointed out, theft is not a requirement for burglary.

Intent is. When there is something to steal--as is confirmed by English telling the police that nothing was stolen--then asside from the fact that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, intent shifts to something else, like getting a drink of water, which is what English's attorney noted.

The attorney also revealed that Greg McMichael was evidently "informally" deputized by the Glynn County Police Department back in December in regard to English's reports to the police of his trespasser, which evidently started in October:

Beginning in October 2019, the attorney for the English family states there were four or five times when someone entered the house at night. She says English informed law enforcement via a non-emergency number and called 911 on one other occasion, but not on Feb. 23.

English has never said Arbery was in the person in any of those nighttime videos, and he cannot identify the person now, according to the statement.

Nothing was ever stolen from the home...

So, apparently Greg McMichael was informed of the reports from English via his cop buddy, "Officer Rash," who certainly would have brought him up to speed prior to sending that text offering his services to English. Which would include the fact that nothing was ever stolen and a description of the man, which would include the dreads and the fact that both of his arms were covered in tattoos.

That text was sent to English on December 20th, so in the lead up to that text, beginning in October, there were at least two or three times that the same light-skinned black man with dreadlocks and tattoos covering both arms had entered the construction site at night, but never took anything, in spite of the fact that there was evidently shit there to take (as, once again, confirmed indirectly by English affirming nothing was ever stolen).

At best, then, it is McMichael assuming the intent of the tattooed man was to steal in spite of the fact that nothing was ever stolen. Regardless, we now have confirmation that as early as December 20th, Greg McMichael was informed by the Glynn County Police department that a light-skinned black man with dreadlocks and tattoos covering both of his arms had trespassed several times on English's construction site at night, but never stole anything.

So, at this point, in December, Greg M knows the following:
  1. both the homeowner and the police department have confirmed that no burglaries had taken place;
  2. the trespasser--seen on camera at least, multiple times--is a light-skinned black man with dreadlocks and tattoos covering both of his arms
  3. McMichael has agreed to let Officer Rash reach out to English to offer McMichael's services in regard to this trespasser

In what capacity is unclear from the text. It just says that Greg is English's neighbor and that:

Greg is retired Law Enforcement and also a Retired Investigator from the DA’s office. He said please call him day or night when you get action on your camera.

This is what prompted English's attorney to state that McMichael was informally deputized, which, again, would imply that he had been brought up to speed by the police department in regard to everything known about English's trespasser, but it ALSO underscores that fact that neither English nor the police department considered the trespassing to be burglaries. Why in the world would the police department suggest to English the services of a retired cop/investigator if the tattooed man was considered a burglar caught in the act of burglarizing English's home? That would be their job, not the job of someone no longer on active duty.

Iow, evidence that substantiates the fact that the police department did not consider these incidents to be burglaries and McMicheal knew this long before Arbery's killing.

We also now know that the video of Arbery being shot has an additional four minutes of footage of him being chased by the McMichaels, which is more than enough time for Greg McMichael to note that Arbery does not fit the description McMichael had been given by "Officer Rash."

The officer is responding to Travis' call, after all, not English's, so the officer would be extremely incompetent if he had reported materially different information from what the actual witness he was dispatched to get a statement from had provided.

"The unknown male appears to be [description]..." and then, "On this date the witness Travis McMichael, stated the unknown male was wearing..."

The report literally says he talked to English this time and talked to him before. And the very first paragraph is where the description is given, and it only mentions English. You blatantly snipped out that part.

I didn't "blatantly" snip anything in an attempt to deceive you. I'm the one who originally sourced the fucking report for anyone to see. I took a screen shot of the relevant sections, where the police officer first refers to the "unknown male" by description and then again in regard to Travis, using the same signifier ("unknown male").

If I first describe a "Braindead Moron" as someone with your height, hair and distinguishing marks and then go on to report, "On this day, the witness saw the Braindead Moron posting in a discussion forum" am I referring to two different people?

When a police officer is told by dispatch that there is a witness who called 911--named Travis McMichael--then their job is to go interview the person who called 911 and take their statement and put into their report all of the pertinent information that the witness provides in regard to the case, yes?

So, you are assuming that the police officer first describes the "Unknown Male" as a light-skinned black man, with dreadlocks and tattoos covering both arms, but he does not confirm that description with the witness he's making a report about, yet still uses the same referent without noting the incredibly central and all-important point that the police officer is actually talking about two different people.

Iow, the cop is officially reporting that the homeowner and, presumably, the video confirm that the suspect in question is a light-skinned black man with dreads and tattoos all over both of his arms, but the witness the cop just interviewed didn't confirm any of that and in fact described a completely different person. But the police officer isn't going to make that point clear in his report.

Clearly the police officer is referring to the same "unknown male" or else he should be fired for gross incompetence, because he'd be making a report of Travis' eyewitness account that made reference to two entirely different suspects.

Yes, it's talking about the same person, DUH. But the information comes from two people.

Except that, in YOUR interpretation, Travis does not positively ID the same person that the officer is describing! DUH.

Your link provides a helpful transcript. Thank you.

Too bad you didn't actually read it all or understand that this was the transcript of the 911 call, NOT the subsequent interview by the police officer dispatched as a result of the 911 call.

Once again, the 911 call was in real-time as the events Travis was witnessing were still unfolding, so what he says in the call is NOT the complete account of what subsequently happened. THAT part would come after, when he gets interviewed by the police officer who then writes up his report. See above in regard to that report.

So besides saying that he's 6 ft, he also says he's short haired. You got me, there was one other thing he described.

Actually, two other things (that he was wearing a red shirt and white shorts).

But he did not mention light skin nor tattoos, did he?

On the 911 call. Which, again, is in real time as whoever is in English's home is still in there while Travis is on the phone. Travis is watching him the whole time (and notes he's got a flashlight and the "damn lights on"). The call lasts several minutes and then the cops show up and the call ends. We don't know what Travis did or did not see after he hangs up. For that part, we have only the police report, which, once again, if YOUR interpretation is correct necessarily means that the police officer deliberately omitted the all-importnat point that Travis did not positively ID the same "Unknown Male" the officer is describing. That, in fact, when the officer uses the term "Unknown Male" twice in the report he is in fact referring to two different men.

One is a light skinned black man with long dreadlocks and tattoos covering both of his arms. The other--using just the 911 call--is a black man with short hair wearing a red shirt and white shorts with no other distinguishing marks (i.e., no tattoos). But we also know the call is not the end-all be-all to what happened after the call.

Again, for that, we have to turn to the police report.

So, the the description " lighter skinned black male, slender build, approx 5,10"-6' tall, both arms looked to be covered in tattoos. Male has 3-4" twist/dreads hair style" likely came from English.

Then, once again, the officer made a very important mistake on his report in that he does not note that Travis's description does not match English's description.

We have no idea if Gregory had any memory or thought of his prior contact with Arbery at this later date.

The evidence suggests other.

Well present it then

Done. Again. Gregory knew as early as December 20th (the date of the text) that the man who had repeatedly trespassed (i.e., in McMichael's terms, committed a string of burglaries in the area) was a light-skinned black man with "three to four inch" dreads and tattoos covering both arms.

After at least four minutes of armed pursuit, Gregory had plenty of time to see that, at the very least, the man they were chasing did not fit the description of the man that had committed those "burglaries." Maybe he didn't recognize Arbery as someone he had evidently investigated two years ago, but he certainly would have had enough time to know whoever they were chasing did not fit the description of the man that had trespassed on English's construction site several times prior.

ETA: You actually provided yet another confirmation that the police officer is referring to the same "Unknown Male" throughout (emphasis mine):

On 02/11/2020 at 1927hours I responded to 220 Satilla Drive in reference to an unknown black male trespassing within the construction site of a new home being built on said property. Property owner Larry English, has had an on-going issue with an unknown black male continually trespassing upon the property. English actually lives in Douglas, GA but has security cameras that alert him when the incidents occur. The unknown male appears to be a lighter skinned black male, slender build, approx 5,10"-6' tall, both arms looked to be covered in tattoos. Male has 3-4" twist/dreads hair style.

The officer then goes on to refer, once again, to the "unknown male" as the one that Travis McMichael witnessed:

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 11.03.30 AM.png

Indeed, it never changes throughout the entire report. Always referring to the same "unknown male" NOT two (or more) unknown males with different descriptions. So, again, if this officer MEANT to say that Travis did not actually confirm the identity of the unknown male to be the same one the officer is describing in his opening paragraph, then the cop needs to be fired.

Last edited:
That video is ridiculous. The first Police officer harrasses a citizen in the park. Why? Because the park is known for "Drug activity." So there is clearly no probable cause at all. The Officer insists he ISN'T searching the man as he is "checking him for weapons" and conducting a frisk. I'm sorry, but I have a reasonable expectation of privacy for the contents of my pants crotch. When someone sticks their hand in my crotch looking for something without probable cause, they have violated the 4th amendment.

The police tell him to take his hands out of his pockets. He takes his hands out of his pockets. The police shoot a taser at him. It goes off but fails for 2 seconds. The officer who ordered him to take his hands out of his pockets chews his gum and realizes that the taser failed so then shouts "Down!" "Warning, Down!" but he already expended the taser he was using as a threat. Warnings are supposed to come before you commit to assaulting people for the inexcusable crime of ... approaching their own property.

This video was probably released to tarnish the image of Arberry, but it really shows how corrupt and probably racist this police department's culture is.

That video is ridiculous. The first Police officer harrasses a citizen in the park. Why? Because the park is known for "Drug activity." So there is clearly no probable cause at all. The Officer insists he ISN'T searching the man as he is "checking him for weapons" and conducting a frisk. I'm sorry, but I have a reasonable expectation of privacy for the contents of my pants crotch. When someone sticks their hand in my crotch looking for something without probable cause, they have violated the 4th amendment.

The police tell him to take his hands out of his pockets. He takes his hands out of his pockets. The police shoot a taser at him. It goes off but fails for 2 seconds. The officer who ordered him to take his hands out of his pockets chews his gum and realizes that the taser failed so then shouts "Down!" "Warning, Down!" but he already expended the taser he was using as a threat. Warnings are supposed to come before you commit to assaulting people for the inexcusable crime of ... approaching their own property.

This video was probably released to tarnish the image of Arberry, but it really shows how corrupt and probably racist this police department's culture is.

We hear the senior officer saying, 'so it got to the point where you had to taser him?' and the officer saying 'well I didn't realise my colleague had checked that he had no weapon'.

They sure taser early.

I don't think they were being racist though. I mean, I think the worst you could say is that they were a bit jumpy, but it may have been an iffy area, where someone they've approached may have a weapon. I'm not against checking what people are up to in an area if it's known for drug-dealing. Other than that, implicit bias maybe. Hard to tell. But initially they treated him civilly.

Arberry is mostly compliant, if a bit angry. Hostility against police would not be unusual, in the circumstances. It must be annoying to get stopped when you aren't doing anything wrong and maybe it's common or he has experienced it before.

I'm not sure how the video is supposed to do 'an excellent job' of tarnishing his reputation.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken (I stand to be corrected) this is an old photo of Travis McMicheal, standing beside the District Attorney, Jackie Johnson, who is being blamed for blocking his arrest after the killing.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 12.05.31.png

That can't be an easy photo to look at if you were a friend or relative of Arbery.

This video was probably released to tarnish the image of Arberry
Yes, and it does excellent job at that.

I don't know what video you watched, but the one you linked shows a largely compliant if somewhat agitated young man who feels he's being searched without probable cause, and an overreacting police officer.

I don't know what video you watched, but the one you linked shows a largely compliant if somewhat agitated young man who feels he's being searched without probable cause, and an overreacting police officer.

I don't know if you think this shit is a joke. Are you seriously suggesting that Arberry should have gotten himself a white friend in order to avoid getting his ass beat by the police?

Have you ever been tased? It's no joke. People die every fucking year from getting tased.

Arbery himself was gunned down in the streets. And you're posting Chris Rock clips? You deserve utmost disdain.

I've seen different reactions from the police to people behaving poorly. Wonder what the difference is

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/HnWy3Eh352w[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know if you think this shit is a joke. Are you seriously suggesting that Arberry should have gotten himself a white friend in order to avoid getting his ass beat by the police?

Have you ever been tased? It's no joke. People die every fucking year from getting tased.

Arbery himself was gunned down in the streets. And you're posting Chris Rock clips? You deserve utmost disdain.

Watch the both videos before you post again.

Back
Top Bottom