• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

I hope all of those law and order types read about this case. Perhaps now they might understand why so many people do not trust the police or the DA in these cases.

Aren't you the guy in the January 6th thread hyping up the charges against the accused? A little consistency here, dude.

Absolute consistency! There is ample evidence that Aubrey committed no crimes--even if he did trespass, the owner of the property did not care and did not wish to pursue any legal consequences to any of the many trespassers in the property. There is ample evidence that those accused of murdering Aubrey did in fact murder him and that initially they were not arrested because one of them was friends with a judge and law enforcement.

There is ample evidence that the insurrectionists illegally broke into the Capitol with the express purpose to disrupt the proceedings there, destroyed and stole property, injured multiple LEOs, erected a scaffold to hang the sitting VP! of the US and threatened to kill multiple members of the US government. The evidence exists BECAUSE THEY VIDEOTAPED IT! and SHARED it all over the media!

Incredible how some people need the obvious pointed out to them again and again.

Judge: Arbery’s imperfect past can’t be used by defense at trial

Defense attorneys representing the three men charged with killing Ahmaud Arbery cannot present evidence at trial of Arbery’s past run-ins with the law, a judge has ruled.

Superior Court Judge Timothy Walmsley’s decision is a big victory for prosecutors, who had strongly opposed the defense attempts to get Arbery’s past “bad acts” before a jury. This essentially would have put the slain Arbery on trial.

Defense attorneys representing the three men charged with killing Ahmaud Arbery cannot present evidence at trial of Arbery’s past run-ins with the law, a judge has ruled.

Superior Court Judge Timothy Walmsley’s decision is a big victory for prosecutors, who had strongly opposed the defense attempts to get Arbery’s past “bad acts” before a jury. This essentially would have put the slain Arbery on trial.

About fucking time we see rulings against smear campaigns.

I can just hear the hand-wringing over the loss of the character assassination method. The whole, he was a bad guy so we're justified thing has ironically allowed killers to run loose on our streets as well as in our police force.

I can just hear the hand-wringing over the loss of the character assassination method. The whole, he was a bad guy so we're justified thing has ironically allowed killers to run loose on our streets as well as in our police force.

Why do you hate vigilantes freedom, Gospel?

About fucking time we see rulings against smear campaigns.
If they were doing the right thing, they wouldn't need to bring up the alleged past to defend their actions. They can say they witnessed him doing something really dangerous and they acted to protect the life and safety of others.

But of course, that isn't what happened. Their Alt-Right Justice tour attempted to (while armed) to apprehend a person that to their knowledge was guilty of trespassing (at worst). They need to smear the dead person because they had absolutely no justification to do what they did to begin with.

This is the Texas church shooting where a gun possessing bystander witnesses it and acts upon it.

The only time that "being bad" is ever contextually relevant is when the "being bad" is happening in the timeframe of the interaction.

Even Satan and Hitler are allowed to go on a Saturday stroll to the corner store together without being shot assuming they aren't burning Jews and sticking pineapples up the other's butt on the way.

The only time that "being bad" is ever contextually relevant is when the "being bad" is happening in the timeframe of the interaction.

Even Satan and Hitler are allowed to go on a Saturday stroll to the corner store together without being shot assuming they aren't burning Jews and sticking pineapples up the other's butt on the way.

I agree with your first statement. Your second one about Hitler reveals bovinity (if that's a word). Maybe in Germany, it was illegal to shoot him on site after he declared war on the world. Everybody outside of Germany however could assassinate his sorry ass and wouldn't have been charged with a war crime.

I agree with your first statement. Your second one about Hitler reveals bovinity (if that's a word). Maybe in Germany, it was illegal to shoot him on site after he declared war on the world. Everybody outside of Germany however could assassinate his sorry ass and wouldn't have been charged with a war crime.

I guess my point is that ethically, we accept that even people we hate have rights to exist, assuming they are managing to not step into the reason they are hated.

I guess my point is that ethically, we accept that even people we hate have rights to exist, assuming they are managing to not step into the reason they are hated.

My point is that the law is the law. You break it, we come to get you, and it doesn't matter how long it takes or where we find you. That wasn't the case for Arbery until the law's/system's hands were forced by... you guessed it.... public fucking relations.

Good.

Hey now, don't kinkshame Hitler!

It's a reference to Little Nicky...

Being bad is relevant if known to the person taking the defensive action.

Being bad is relevant if known to the person taking the defensive action.

Only if the person 'taking defensive action' is actually in immediate danger, not just in their head but in objective reality, or there is immediate danger to someone else. If I see a person behaving irrationally, carrying a firearm and wandering down the street in front of my house, the correct action to take is to call LEO, even if I know that this person is wanted for murdering my neighbor. If the irrational person carrying a firearm aims it at my house or attempts to enter my house or attempts to fire at an individual, then I have a right to take physical action against them. If they're just stealing a car, then, no, I do not.

It's a reference to Little Nicky...

Wow, you watched Little Nicky enough times to quote it? That movie is a real dog, you are much more brave than I.

Or, did MST3K riff it, and I missed it?

Hey I didn't quote it. I just referenced the parts where Hitler takes a pineapple to the tailpipe. And of course it's an awful movie and of course I've seen it enough times for some of that awful to slide down my throat hole.

Back
Top Bottom