• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

So, they are what? Shooting an innocent jogger over the theft of an unsecured firearm from an unsecured vehicle?

More likely is that the person who had their weapon "stolen" diverted it to the black market all on their own!

tumblr_inline_oqdxrcRrtY1t1jybq_500.gif

Is it 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter?
I would say manslaughter since I do not think they would have fired had he not started to struggle for the shotgun.

And if he turns out to be the burglar, I think it is more likely than not they will be acquitted.

Georgia Murder Laws

It doesn't matter if he burgled something at some other time. If they didn't catch him in the act of committing a crime right when they decided to chase after him, their armed pursuit fits the definition of Aggravated Assault. And in Georgia, if you kill someone while you are committing a felony, you're a murderer:

Felony Murder

In a "felony murder" situation, a death occurs during the commission of an "inherently dangerous felony." Basically if you decide to rob a liquor store and accidentally kill the store clerk, then you will be guilty of felony murder. It doesn't matter that you didn't intend to shoot the clerk. The mere fact that you were committing a felony and killed someone can make you guilty of felony murder.

I'm sure you see nothing wrong with a couple of white guys deciding to engage in armed pursuit of black jogger, assaulting him, and killing him when he resisted. But don't make the mistake of thinking they're being overcharged in a legal sense just because you approve of the outcome.

Last edited:
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is a state level branch of law enforcement. The grand jury was (is?) going to be convened at the county level.
Which is highly irregular. Is the AG going to bring charges overriding the local DA?

The only part that's irregular is the recusals and inaction of several DAs that led to the GBI being called in to investigate.

As to why the local cops didn't make an arrest, I'm not sure but it can't be because they couldn't identify the suspects or because assaulting joggers at gunpoint is legal in Georgia. It seems likely it has something to do with one of the suspects being recently retired from a job at the DA's office, and having ties to the DA that was called in to take over from his former boss..

And just like that, you decided to do a little research.

I always do.

Really? It doesn't show in the Tara Reade thread.

Tell us more about these burglaries. The sites I've seen say there's only one on record from that area since the beginning of the year: the reported theft of an unsecured handgun from the shooter's truck. In what way did Arbery resemble the burglar?
I don't know the details. The news story I saw it in mentioned "several" but did not go into details.
Leaving an unsecured firearm is certainly stupid, but does not exonerate the thief. As to in what way Arbery resembled the burglar, how the hell should I know? Maybe they saw him on camera.

You should research that.

We still have yet to see any actual evidence this person's gun was stolen at all. Maybe we should pull a card from Derec's deck and just say we don't believe his story about what happened to the firearm

This exposes how stupid Stand Your Ground laws are. These idiots grab their guns and pursue a runner. The DA says, well, they were just defending themselves. But what about the runner? Has he no right to defense from a couple crazy assholes with guns?! Stand Your Ground is simply a bullshit law that is solely designed to defend Han Solo, ie the guy who shoots first).

The "threat" from the guys with the guns was jail, not physical harm. As such, he has no right to use force.
You have no idea what the threat from those two assholes was. Apparently the victim felt his life was in danger. And, when someone is pointing a firearm at you, or running after you with a firearm, your life is in danger.

I wonder if the victim had been armed and gunned down these two vigilantes, if the usual suspects would be defending him.

You don't know what he thought.

Maybe he felt they were going to kill him. Maybe he was a burglar and didn't want to go to jail.

You have no idea what the threat from those two assholes was. Apparently the victim felt his life was in danger. And, when someone is pointing a firearm at you, or running after you with a firearm, your life is in danger.

I wonder if the victim had been armed and gunned down these two vigilantes, if the usual suspects would be defending him.

Maybe he felt they were going to kill him. Maybe he was a burglar and didn't want to go to jail.

There is zero evidence to suggest that the victim was a burglar.

There is ample evidence that the men who killed him were a danger to his life.

If there had been actual cause to suspect a jogger of being a burglar, the appropriate thing to do was to call law enforcement. Sadly there is much to suspect that the man still would have been shot in the street for jogging while black.

Two men involved in fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery Have Been Arrested

(CNN) — Two men involved in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery near Brunswick, Georgia, have been arrested and face murder and aggravated assault charges, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Classic overcharging due to mob pressure. It should be manslaughter. Also what happened to the grand jury?
And I suspect that if it turns out Arbery was really the burglar (not unlikely given his shoplifting conviction from 2018), then more likely then not they get acquitted.
Ignoring the fact that burglary is a much different type of crime than shoplifting, iyou just cannot help but smear the victim.

There is no evidence that Mr. Arbery was involved in any criminal activity when he was chased and killed.

I never said I did.
True. And maybe racists like to think the black man must have been a burglar and go looking to kill him, knowing there are plenty of bigots around ready to make excuses for their behavior.

§ 17-4-60. Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

Report said:
McMichael stated "the other night" they saw the same male and he stuck his hand down his pants which lead them to believe the male was armed.
I mean, if you're going to go this far, you have to kill the man so he has no story to tell and you can throw in a good old "hand down the pants" claim.
This goes way far for a citizen's arrest. "Immediate knowledge", how ever they define that, pushes citizen's arrest toward vigilantism.

The dashcam video certainly makes the report of a struggle for the shotgun seem likely, although it doesn't seem conclusive to me.

You go after somebody's gun, expect to be shot!

You know, by your analogy, you're saying Blacks are inherently violent. Did you mean to convey that?

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that if you take any living animal and put them in dire economic conditions they will need to fight for survival. How do you expect anybody living in a ghetto to survive without getting violent?

Quit believing the apologists. Dire economic conditions if they exist are self-inflicted.

The dashcam video certainly makes the report of a struggle for the shotgun seem likely, although it doesn't seem conclusive to me.

What if somebody comes after you with a gun? Expect to be shot then, too?

What if somebody comes after you with a gun? Expect to be shot then, too?

Pretty much. Seriously, and I can't believe that I have to say it yet again, the stupidity of the victim of an ongoing crime do not vindicate the choices of the criminal. It's a murder, regardless. They made the choice to take a deadly weapon and assault someone with it. They knew where this choice could lead, and they did it anyway. They were even lying wait for him. That is murder.

Two men involved in fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery Have Been Arrested

(CNN) — Two men involved in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery near Brunswick, Georgia, have been arrested and face murder and aggravated assault charges, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Classic overcharging due to mob pressure. It should be manslaughter. Also what happened to the grand jury?
And I suspect that if it turns out Arbery was really the burglar (not unlikely given his shoplifting conviction from 2018), then more likely then not they get acquitted.

Why should they get acquitted? Burglary is not a crime punishable by death, a self selected jury of three is not qualified to determine the punishment one way or the other, and he was, according to their own words, not in the act of committing another burglary. Whether he was also a burglar has very little relevance on the fact that he was killed in cold blood while not burgling.

Last edited:
and most crime committed against white people is by other white people.
True as far as it goes. But the homicide rate by white people is 5-6 times lower than for black people. So there are far fewer perpetrators and victims of white-on-white killings. See this article by Nate Silver.
Black Americans Are Killed At 12 Times The Rate Of People In Other Developed Countries
And that's not because of racism by white people, no matter how much race-baiters like rousseau want to blame us for actions of black perps.

Criminals don't tend to commute long distances, preferring the people in their area.
On the other hand, when it comes to interracial homicides, blacks kill twice as many white people than vice versa. And yet the common misconception is that somehow white people are killing blacks en masse. See this ridiculous statement by LeBron James.
LeBron James enraged by the shooting death of an unarmed 25-year-old black man in southern Georgia, says: 'We're literally hunted everyday'

He claims that black people are "literally hunted everyday" by white people when reality is exactly the opposite. This is what racist misinformation spread by the likes of rousseau leads to.
More nonsense from the same article by NAACP - they claim that these two guys are "white supremacists" even though there is no evidence of that. And even though Arbery is being suspected of burglaries they do not mention that, insisting that he was just jogging.

It's not particularly relevant though. Whether he committed crimes at some point in the past is irrelevant. What would be relevant is if they'd intercepted him trying to stop him from committing another crime, but they're not even claiming that so realistically that's off the table.

Last edited:

And maybe he was a burglar and felt they were going to kill him. Being a burglar (and not being caught in the act of a new burglary) doesn't make him fair game. Burglary is not punishable by death, and if it were, the punishment isn't executable by your local neighbourhood ex-cop and his posse. Whether he was shot dead in cold blood can, and has to be, determined independently of whether he committed a burglary hours, days weeks or months earlier.

You know, by your analogy, you're saying Blacks are inherently violent. Did you mean to convey that?

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that if you take any living animal and put them in dire economic conditions they will need to fight for survival. How do you expect anybody living in a ghetto to survive without getting violent?

Quit believing the apologists. Dire economic conditions if they exist are self-inflicted.
Kind of tailing away from the whole guy was victim of being illegally apprehended by two armed men, with a third guy video taping the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom