• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

And you would, too.
Actually I was once chased by one guy with a gun. As you can see I am still alive (and he is too)
Yes, you ran. And he did not kill you. Which is a good thing.
Who said I ran? I did not.
You said. "Chased" in English either means a particular form of shaping things, or for someone or something to be in pursuit of something else which is moving away from the first party. For you and someone else to be the parties of a "chase" you would be "running away".

I will be the first to admit language is mutable in many situations. This, however, is not so ambiguous, and the meaning of the word was not previously under contention in it's use.

And you would, too.
Actually I was once chased by one guy with a gun. As you can see I am still alive (and he is too)
Yes, you ran. And he did not kill you. Which is a good thing.
Who said I ran? I did not.
You said. "Chased" in English either means a particular form of shaping things, or for someone to be running after you, specifically as you run away.

I will be the first to admit language is mutable in many situations. This, however, is not so ambiguous, and the meaning of the word was not previously under contention in it's use.
That's how I took it, too. If one is chased, it implies that at least initially, one ran. Which is sensible in the face of danger.

You said. "Chased" in English either means a particular form of shaping things, or for someone or something to be in pursuit of something else which is moving away from the first party. For you and someone else to be the parties of a "chase" you would be "running away".
I was walking (away) and did not know I was being chased. I was wearing headphones and could not hear. So when the guy with a gun finally stopped me I did not try to run or take his gun.

I was walking (away) and did not know I was being chased. I was wearing headphones and could not hear. So when the guy with a gun finally stopped me I did not try to run or take his gun.
This is not "chased" this is "stalked", "ambushed", "confronted", "assaulted", "approached", or "followed" depending on context and intent of use. Possibly even "chased after" which implies everything of a chase but to say that you merely left, and their approach was after the fact of a normal leaving.

This is not "chased" this is "stalked", "ambushed", "confronted", "assaulted", "approached", or "followed" depending on context and intent of use. Possibly even "chased after" which implies everything of a chase but to say that you merely left, and their approach was after the fact of a normal leaving.
Not according to him, he had to run 500 meters to get to me.
Anyway, that's not the point, the point is that I did not try to get his gun or run away.

Or it was a random encounter between 2 people. It certainly wasn't anything like being hunted down and "trapped like a rat".

Or it was a random encounter between 2 people. It certainly wasn't anything like being hunted down and "trapped like a rat".
Well, I was arrested handcuffed and after 3 moths of explaining myself fined, the fact that I spent time in US did not help me at all.

Well, I was arrested handcuffed and after 3 moths of explaining myself fined, the fact that I spent time in US did not help me at all.
So the guy with the gun was the cop. And you are comparing that with being chased, assaulted, struck, and threatened by vigilantes.

So the guy with the gun was the cop. And you are comparing that with being chased, assaulted, struck, and threatened by vigilantes.
No, he was a border control guy and I knew why he would chase me, cause .... border :)
Yes, I am comparing. Like I, Arbery knew who they were and why were they after him.

No, he was a border control guy and I knew why he would chase me, cause .... border :)
Yes, I am comparing. Like I, Arbery knew who they were and why were they after him.
How did he know that?

I'll be honest here. You appear to be bullshitting. You are making assertions that go beyond being unsupported - they are contrary to the known facts. But if you actually have evidence that Arbery knew who the McMichales and Bryan were and mistakenly believed they had the legal authority to detain him, I'd like to hear it.

But if all you're going to do is post more bullshit, don't bother.

That was sensible of you.

... he just trespassed construction site.

... which would have been misdemeanor trespassing, not a felony as required by the citizens arrest laws. And it would have had to have been witnessed by the murderers. It was never mentioned to the police when McMichael called. So ...
What was the reason that the murderers hunted him down and killed him? McMichael explained it to the dispatcher:

"There's a black man running down the street".

No mention of any crime witnessed or committed, not even misdemeanor trespassing.
Just running while black.
Fuck those racist jackasses. They should all die in prison.

Arbery died because he went for their gun.
He died because three racist jackasses hunted him down and murdered him.
Your cocksure assertion to the contrary is without basis in fact or reason.
There is no evidence that any different outcome would have occurred had he not tried to save his own life.
We can be quite certain that had those three racist jackasses not hunted him down and shot him, he would be alive today.

Arbery died because he went for their gun.

Wrong, he went for the gun because they falsely imprisoned him, endangered his life, demonstrated recklessness and refused to act civilly with him.

If they had said, "Excuse me, sir. We have called the police [which they didn't call the police--wonder why?] and we are making a citizen's arrest to detain you. If you try to flee the scene, we are armed and will shoot, so don't," it would be a different scenario than 3 people chasing him with guns screaming and swearing at him and endangering his life also with the vehicles. But even moreso...

They were not even legally entitled to do that because they were not witnesses to any crime at all. They needed to call police and wait while they could probably legal follow him and wait for police to catch up.

Why wouldn't the criminals treat him civilly and legally...how did they perceive him?

You can tell by the words Travis McMichael uttered over Arbery's shot-up body.

Border patrol was acting under some authority, I assume. I assume that you were crossing the border illegally or the border patrol had reason to believe that you were or had just done so. But I wouldn't bet my life on it. Border patrol and any law enforcement personnel and any human being can be wrong --or in the wrong.

The white supremacists who murdered Aubrey had no authority. Arbery may have been trespassing but he was hardly the only person who had trespassed on that construction site. The owner of the construction site did not report break ins and said that Arbery had not committed any crimes (at his site).https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/13/us/ahmaud-arbery-wednesday-surveillance-video/index.html

Arbery was being chased by 3 armed men in a pick up truck. He knew he was in danger from the men. When cornered, he tried to defend himself from the obvious threat of imminent death.
Wrong again - the assailants did not know he had done anything of that sort that day.
Nope, what assailants knew or did not know is irrelevant here, I am talking about Arbery.
So it is you who is wrong again and I am right again.
I am impressed with your magical powers of knowing what a dead man did or did not know or think or believe in the moments before he was murdered by 3 men who chased him down in a truck, while armed.

Back
Top Bottom