• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bowling Green: Never Forget!

Toni said:
I don't think there's any comparison at all. Trump did more damage in his campaign, simply by running and giving voiceto the racists and sexists and anarchists than the cumulative mistakes of the last 10 administrations, and yes, I am including Bush Jr.

The voices you hear are only in your head. What on earth are you talking about ?

Last edited:
Toni said:
I don't think there's any comparison at all. Trump did more damage in his campaign, simply by running and giving voiceto the racists and sexists and anarchists than the cumulative mistakes of the last 10 administrations, and yes, I am including Bush Jr.

The voices you hear a only in your head. What on earth are you talking about ?

Your deafness does not define Toni's point. Trump continues to give voice to racists, misogynists, xenophobes and the worst of (what's left of) our society. You probably hear those voices as "patriotism".

I think it's too early to compare. I think you extrapolate the current rate of stupidity further down the road. 8 years of Obama is still ahead in cumulative incompetence, Trump needs 2-3 months more at present idiocy to get ahead. But that's not the point. The point is, you said nothing when Obama people did similarly stupid things.

I don't think there's any comparison at all. Trump did more damage in his campaign, simply by running and giving voice to the racists and sexists and anarchists than the cumulative mistakes of the last 10 administrations, and yes, I am including Bush Jr.

The only-and I mean only-upside to all of this is that the racists, sexists, misogynists and anarchists are much more open now and can be dealt with. Like lancing a noxious boil. You open that sucker right up and apply liberal (intentional word choice) doses of antibiotics and improve the overall health of the body by improving nutrition, hygiene, exercise, environmental factors, and of course, education about what causes such infections in the first place. And science.

Obama's a hard act to follow. He bombed 7 countries in 6 years. Now that's an achievement.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...omb-seven-countries-in-six-years-9753131.html

NewsWorldMiddle East
'Peace' President? How Obama came to bomb seven countries in six years
US has engaged in conflict in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and now Syria

And he got the peace prize over Iraq.

Trump had better keep is mouth shut and start moving

I don't think there's any comparison at all. Trump did more damage in his campaign, simply by running and giving voice to the racists and sexists and anarchists than the cumulative mistakes of the last 10 administrations, and yes, I am including Bush Jr.

The only-and I mean only-upside to all of this is that the racists, sexists, misogynists and anarchists are much more open now and can be dealt with. Like lancing a noxious boil. You open that sucker right up and apply liberal (intentional word choice) doses of antibiotics and improve the overall health of the body by improving nutrition, hygiene, exercise, environmental factors, and of course, education about what causes such infections in the first place. And science.

Obama's a hard act to follow. He bombed 7 countries in 6 years. Now that's an achievement.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...omb-seven-countries-in-six-years-9753131.html

NewsWorldMiddle East
US has engaged in conflict in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and now Syria

Trump should have been paying attention and he might know how to get it done. His first try didn't come off too well. Our military, and most of all, our Special Forces, have been put on notice that they can no longer rely on the good judgment of the high command.

NewsWorldMiddle East

Trump should have been paying attention and he might know how to get it done. His first try didn't come off too well. Our military, and most of all, our Special Forces, have been put on notice that they can no longer rely on the good judgment of the high command.

So how is this any different from from previous post war presidencies?

Look whose* bleating.

Yeah - TSwizzle: "The only fear being peddled is by the hysterical loons that are on the streets protesting about nothing that has actually happened."

You forgot to address the question again:
Why aren't they so hysterical about any of the thousands of things that have actually killed people on US soil in the last 8 years? Like say hay bales or Segways?

* The contraction of "who is" is "who's", not "whose". </grammar nazi>
They don't teach literacy at your cult?

The error doesn't deflect from the message.
Americans are concerned about how people get killed which of course has got nothing to do with why the marches were organised to start one day after the election.

You might ask yourself the same question. You harped on the fact that Obama "bombed 7 countries in 6 years," suggesting that he's some new kind of tyrant, but let's look at those countries, shall we?

Iraq: Hate to break it to you, but Obama didn't exactly kick off our involvement in Iraq. We began airstrikes against that nation back when Obama's predecessor's father was President.

Afghanistan: We first got involved in that country back when Obama was still a college student. We went to war proper in 2001 when Mad Bomber Obama was a State Senator. Bit of a stretch to pin the blame on him for that mess.

Somalia: This may come as a surprise to you, but the "Blackhawk Down" incident did not happen on Obama's watch. We've been militarily mucking around that nation since the 90s.

Yemen: Remember the USS Cole? It was refueling in Yemen when it was attacked. Again, we've had a presence there that was solid enough that we felt safe parking a guided missile cruiser in their harbor. We provided arms and support to the Yemeni government, and were operating special forces in the country before Obama took office.

Pakistan: Oh, Pakistan. Both a partner and foe in the "war on terror." As your article points out, drone strikes against Al Qaeda and Taliban targets in the country preceded the Obama administration.

Libya: You see where I'm going with this, right? Yeah, not the first time we bombed Libya. Difference this time around is that Libya was descending into a civil war that was going to happen no matter what we did. We (and NATO) jumped in on the side of the rebels.

Syria: Finally. A country on the list that we hadn't bombed prior to Obama. Yet again, a country that descended into civil war before we even lifted a finger.

So this whole "Obama is the worst warmonger ever" narrative that you're trying to build is unsurprisingly off the mark. He actually dialed back our involvement in Iraq/Afghanistan, didn't do anything new in Pakistan, Yemen, or Somalia, supported a multi-lateral effort in Libya, and stumbled awkwardly into Syria.

If you think President "Bomb the Shit Out of Them" Trump is going to be different, I've got some Trump Steaks I'd like to sell you.

You might ask yourself the same question. You harped on the fact that Obama "bombed 7 countries in 6 years," suggesting that he's some new kind of tyrant, but let's look at those countries, shall we?

Iraq: Hate to break it to you, but Obama didn't exactly kick off our involvement in Iraq. We began airstrikes against that nation back when Obama's predecessor's father was President.

Afghanistan: We first got involved in that country back when Obama was still a college student. We went to war proper in 2001 when Mad Bomber Obama was a State Senator. Bit of a stretch to pin the blame on him for that mess.

Somalia: This may come as a surprise to you, but the "Blackhawk Down" incident did not happen on Obama's watch. We've been militarily mucking around that nation since the 90s.

Yemen: Remember the USS Cole? It was refueling in Yemen when it was attacked. Again, we've had a presence there that was solid enough that we felt safe parking a guided missile cruiser in their harbor. We provided arms and support to the Yemeni government, and were operating special forces in the country before Obama took office.

Pakistan: Oh, Pakistan. Both a partner and foe in the "war on terror." As your article points out, drone strikes against Al Qaeda and Taliban targets in the country preceded the Obama administration.

Libya: You see where I'm going with this, right? Yeah, not the first time we bombed Libya. Difference this time around is that Libya was descending into a civil war that was going to happen no matter what we did. We (and NATO) jumped in on the side of the rebels.

Syria: Finally. A country on the list that we hadn't bombed prior to Obama. Yet again, a country that descended into civil war before we even lifted a finger.

So this whole "Obama is the worst warmonger ever" narrative that you're trying to build is unsurprisingly off the mark. He actually dialed back our involvement in Iraq/Afghanistan, didn't do anything new in Pakistan, Yemen, or Somalia, supported a multi-lateral effort in Libya, and stumbled awkwardly into Syria.

If you think President "Bomb the Shit Out of Them" Trump is going to be different, I've got some Trump Steaks I'd like to sell you.

Yes they're all the same. Let's hope Trump uses his mouth more and bombs less.

Toni said:

The voices you hear are only in your head. What on earth are you talking about ?

I don't think you are actually stupid or even willfully uninformed. But you are certainly not worth the effort it would take to post the many, many, many links to articles and reports outlining the increase of such incidents.

I don't think you are actually stupid or even willfully uninformed. But you are certainly not worth the effort it would take to post the many, many, many links to articles and reports outlining the increase of such incidents.

Incidents of what exactly ?

I don't think anybody is arguing against a notion that Trump administration is the most clownish, hackish , incompetent and "alternative" in recent history.
But where have you all been when Obama administration displayed their incompetence?

Obama was hindered from doing anything once the Republicans took power in the Congress. They opposed his every move.

It was the most distasteful display of putting party over the needs of the nation I have ever seen. Despicable.

Incidents of what exactly ?

Well, Toni, it looks like you were mistaken regarding the 'stupid or even willfully misinformed' part.

It looks like Kellyanne Conway and other Trump spoleschimps are channeling Jack Handy. Day by day, this just gets more surreal and infantile.

Deeps thoughts by Kellyanne Conway.

The ban is also being practised by Kuwait on 5 of the countries. Given that most of the persons in those countries are Muslim it's pretty hard to miss them.
The UAE also support this.
People can easily say wrong things and that seems the most likely, regardless of what others may or may not have said.

And completely changing the subject, ignoring what I posted altogether.

You're right. I was intending to reply to a post on a different thread about the 90 ban. I generally don't like to conclude people are purposely lying unless there is good reason to assume this.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like Kellyanne Conway and other Trump spoleschimps are channeling Jack Handy. Day by day, this just gets more surreal and infantile.

Deeps thoughts by Kellyanne Conway.

What's that in English?

I have yet to see any evidence that your mind works.
I frequently get involved in investigating instigating fraud.
Fixd that for you. It seems you misspoke.

I was looking at fraud from the outside looking in so there was no opportunity. Unless you can prove otherwise the most likely reason is she made an error.

Actually, that is false.

Whether or not I can prove anything, an error is not the most likely reason.

But then, you already know that. Your post is a barefaced alt-fact.

If you can't prove anything you can't say error is the most likely reason because you have no evidence.
However from a logical point of view error is the most likely reason. Shall I wet nurse this again for you?

I don't need the mental image of you attempting to suckle another's child.

And despite that truly disturbing imagery, you remain completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd counter that you're fixated on calling it a slip of the tongue, because that's what you've chosen to believe it was.

You've gotten it into your head that she couldn't possibly have lied. Why? Because she told you she didn't. You'll buy anything Conway is selling now.

That's her job, after all. To feed you the administration's version of the truth (or falsehoods) and get you to not only swallow it, but defend it.

Logically if she did lie it would be so obvious she was wrong because there is no news of any such incident and such could easily backfire. To lie effectively I she would have to have at least some fake news in mainstream or known fringe media quoting law enforcement.

Yeah, you are right. Nobody has ever been caught in an obvious lie in all the history of the world. :rolleyes:

The problem with calling Kelly Ann Conway is it credits her with more intellectual acumen than she actually has.

She actually thought there was a massacre in Bowling Green. We've all heard stories of people who think Mount Rushmore is a natural rock formation. They aren't lying. It's a belief that is based on a little information and a lot of assumption.

This doesn't help Kelly Ann a bit. The real problem is, she is paid to not make these kinds of mistakes. That's her real job. When a competent political professional goes on camera, they no how much time there will be and they have carefully constructed responses. If they want to bring up some anecdote, they make absolutely certain the facts are correct. That is the job.

Kelly Ann is simply incompetent. She had her Bowling Green Massacre anecdote polished and ready to go, based solely on her hashtag memory. She's the soccer player who headbutted the ball into her own goal.

The real problem is, she is paid to not make these kinds of mistakes. That's her real job. When a competent political professional goes on camera, they no how much time there will be and they have carefully constructed responses. If they want to bring up some anecdote, they make absolutely certain the facts are correct. That is the job.

This is entirely correct.

In the days following 9/11, I was tasked with editing interviews from a wide variety of folks, looking for sound bites that could be put on the air. It was a tough job for the most part, but when it came to Arizona Senator (and former Presidential candidate) John McCain, it was easy. He spoke in sound bites. 30-40 second statements that didn't need to be edited. They were already ready for broadcast. It was eerie how well-constructed and concise his sound bites were.

Not long after, I talked to someone who had been a staffer for McCain and asked about the eerie sound-bite-ness of what he said. She said that it was not only intentional, but carefully crafted. He rehearsed his answers to potential questions. Knew exactly what he was going to say and how long it was going to take to say it. His penchant for giving sound bites was part of the reason he was booked on so many political talk shows. He delivered the goods in easily-consumable packages that could be replayed over and over again.

Conway managed to fuck that up almost perfectly. She delivered a sound bite-sized answer, but it was demonstrably false. We can look at the whole statement and pick it apart, and just about all of it doesn't pass muster. This was an epic fail in terms of being a spokesperson.

I don't think anybody is arguing against a notion that Trump administration is the most clownish, hackish , incompetent and "alternative" in recent history.
But where have you all been when Obama administration displayed their incompetence?

Obama was hindered from doing anything once the Republicans took power in the Congress. They opposed his every move.
Are you saying Obama wanted to fire Jen Psaki but congress did not let him?
It was the most distasteful display of putting party over the needs of the nation I have ever seen. Despicable.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom