• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

We live in interesting times.

Brazen thieves have been caught on video running from Footlocker, Apple and Lululemon with arms full of merchandise as Philadelphia police struggle to grab the looters. Numerous bikes and piles of merchandise can be seen piled up on the sidewalk outside the clothing store on Walnut Street in the heart of the city.

Daily Mail

Brazen thieves have been caught on video running from Footlocker, Apple and Lululemon with arms full of merchandise as Philadelphia police struggle to grab the looters. Numerous bikes and piles of merchandise can be seen piled up on the sidewalk outside the clothing store on Walnut Street in the heart of the city.

Daily Mail

If so, everyone has always lived in interesting times. There has never been a time when mobs refrained from looting.

youtube algorithm have been supplying me with videos about narco-streets in North America.
Apparently, Vancouver police does not care about drug dealers anymore. In the documentary one of them gave an interview on the street and even sold Fentanyl to a journalist. It's legal apparently, at least in this part of Vancouver.

Even the UK is not immune to collapse;

Shocking footage has revealed the moment armed cops swarmed a city centre - before police were then surrounded by a baying mob and attacked. Bradford descended into lawlessness yesterday afternoon after a brawl outside the city's magistrates' court led to huge crowds clashing with police. Youths wearing hoodies and masks were filmed charging after police vehicles and hitting them, as officers attempted to get away from the disorder.

Daily Mail

Bradford is one the UK's more *ahem* diverse cities.

And Scotland is going to try out the safe space for hard drugs consumption facilities;

The UK's first official consumption room for illegal drugs including heroin and cocaine has been approved by authorities in Glasgow.
The facility is backed by the Scottish government as a way to tackle the country's drugs deaths crisis. The pilot scheme will be based at a health centre in the east end of Glasgow. It will see users take their own drugs under the supervision of trained health professionals. Glasgow's Integration Joint Board, which brings together NHS and council officials, ratified the plans at an online meeting on Wednesday morning. It is hoped the project, funded by the Scottish government, will be opened by next summer - and will run for an initial three years at a total cost of £7m.

BBC

Worth keeping an eye on to see the results.

This didn't go quite as well as Jeanine Box Wine Pirro hoped for.

After arriving, though, Johnny was apparently unable to find any burning apartment buildings and had to settle for accosting people near what appears to be a public park. Fox News then seems to have rushed together a new angle on things: Look at all these happy people unaware they live in a hellscape—it’s madness!

Even the UK is not immune to collapse
In UK (and western Europe in general) it's generally due to mass migration, esp. from the Islamic world.

Bradford had Islamic riots in 2001 as well. Among other things, they torched a BMW dealership and stole cars. Many rioters got a few years each, which is getting off pretty light.

Larry Krasner, a fauxgressive DA, is more interested in prosecuting police officers than in prosecuting looters and rioters.

After a judge dismissed murder charges against a cop who killed Eddie Irizarry, he immediately refiled them. Shows his priorities.

Larry Krasner, a fauxgressive DA, is more interested in prosecuting police officers than in prosecuting looters and rioters.

After a judge dismissed murder charges against a cop who killed Eddie Irizarry, he immediately refiled them. Shows his priorities.
Good idea on Larry Krasner's part. He recognizes that cops should not have an absolute right to commit crimes.

Good idea on Larry Krasner's part. He recognizes that cops should not have an absolute right to commit crimes.
But he thinks looters and rioters should have absolute right to commit crimes? Because I do not see him at all eager to prosecute them.

The judge already dismissed charges against Mark Dial. Krasner acted due to his anti-cop ideology, not based on there being evidence of murder. Krasner refiled charges almost immediately after the judge dismissed them.
Charges dismissed, then immediately refiled against Philadelphia cop who killed Eddie Irizarry at traffic stop
At this point this seems like harassment under color of authority. Krasner should be nifonged.

But he thinks looters and rioters should have absolute right to commit crimes? Because I do not see him at all eager to prosecute them.

The judge already dismissed charges against Mark Dial. Krasner acted due to his anti-cop ideology, not based on there being evidence of murder. Krasner refiled charges almost immediately after the judge dismissed them.
Charges dismissed, then immediately refiled against Philadelphia cop who killed Eddie Irizarry at traffic stop
At this point this seems like harassment under color of authority. Krasner should be nifonged.
How do you know it wasn't the judge that was acting on her pro cop ideology? You're bias is showing.

Dial, a five-year veteran of the force, was suspended with intent to dismiss after officials said he refused to cooperate in an investigation into Irizarry’s death.

The fatal confrontation unfolded in Kensington around noon on Aug. 14. Authorities have said officers caught Irizarry driving erratically that afternoon, and then tailed his vehicle for several blocks. The driver eventually stopped after turning the wrong way down a one-way street, prompting the officers to approach.

Police bodycam footage shows a police cruiser rolling up alongside Irizarry’s vehicle, with Dial shooting at close range through the rolled-up driver’s side window seconds after exiting the police SUV. He fired seven shots in total.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, the Philadelphia Police Department claimed Irizarry was outside the car and was killed after lunging at police with a knife. Just days later, outgoing Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw acknowledged the initial narrative was not accurate, revealing Irizarry had at no point exited his sedan.

No basis for murder you say.

How do you know it wasn't the judge that was acting on her pro cop ideology? You're bias is showing.
First of all, it's "your". Not "you're", which is a contraction for "you are".

Second, we do not know that for sure, but I have see no reason to suspect that. But we do not that Larry Krasner is one of the breed of so-called "progressive" DAs that had been elected in many cities recently. So we do know that he has a bias, no matter any possible biases by the judge.

First of all, it's "your". Not "you're", which is a contraction for "you are".

Second, we do not know that for sure, but I have see no reason to suspect that. But we do not that Larry Krasner is one of the breed of so-called "progressive" DAs that had been elected in many cities recently. So we do know that he has a bias, no matter any possible biases by the judge.
Spelling nazi says wut?

He's progressive so he has a bias, you say. You're conservative so you have a bias.

I notice you didn't actually address what happened and try to defend the cop from the charges. You go straight to prosecutor bias.

Derec, I have some bad news for you. Some very very very bad news for you.

Most Looters Are Young Philadelphians Not Associated With the Protests, DA Says – NBC10 Philadelphia
Police had arrested 429 people as of Monday afternoon, of which 165 had been charged with felonies or misdemeanors, according to city officials.

Most of the police arrests were for summary offenses such as failure to disperse and curfew violations, ...

District Attorney Larry Krasner said that as police have brought criminal cases to his office, his office has been charging and arraigning individuals. The majority so far, he said, have been second degree felony burglaries.

“I think it would be fair to describe most of these as looting cases,” Krasner said in an interview with NBC10 Monday. “They are often situations in which people are caught inside of a store... within Macy's or at some other location.”

For the looting and burglary, Krasner said it’s mostly been 18- to 24-year-olds from Philadelphia in what he called crimes of opportunity. Many of them, he said, were first time offenders.
His office has also charged three people with illegal gun possession.
Although Philadelphia police announced Monday that 14 fires had been labeled arson, Krasner said police have not yet submitted any arson cases to his office.

“Obviously, we'd be very interested in pursuing arson cases, especially in light of that, frankly, terrible arson that occurred at the Vans store,” he said referring to the three-alarm fire at 17th and Walnut Saturday night.

Krasner said he also hasn’t received information on the lighting and destruction of police vehicles.

So far, he said, the looting videos have shown different crowds from those protesting.

“They don't seem to be carrying signs, talking about political issues or talking about police accountability, they don't seem to have t-shirts on that are political in nature,” he said. “They seem to be committing opportunistic crimes and they seem to be doing it within the context of peaceful protest.”
This is the same as for other looters during protests -- they are opportunists who see opportunities to steal. They are also difficult to catch; the cops usually catch up to them later.

Spelling nazi says wut?
Calling people names because of your own shortcomings is very classy.
He's progressive so he has a bias, you say.
His left-wing bias is very well known.
On the other hand, the judge was elected in Philly, so she is very unlikely to be some right-winger who wants to help police get away with murder.
You're conservative so you have a bias.
I am not conservative. Also, don't discuss posters. Public figures like DAs are a different matter.
I notice you didn't actually address what happened and try to defend the cop from the charges. You go straight to prosecutor bias.
As far as I know, filing the same charges immediately after a judge dismisses them is an unusual move. So of course I am going to focus on the questionable actions of the DA.
As to the cop, he obviously screwed up (but so did Irizarry). I do not think it's murder, and neither does this Philly judge.

Derec, I have some bad news for you. Some very very very bad news for you.
Pleasantly surprised that he is charging the creeps.
Not surprised at all that he is denying that they are associated with anti-police protests.

Not surprised at all that he is denying that they are associated with anti-police protests.

You have evidence to the contrary? I always considered you a good citizen who'd submit evidence to the police department especially when their safety is involved. I've done it, and it's not that hard at all.

Back
Top Bottom