• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

So Deliverance was a documetary?
Definitely not. That was just bog standard class hatred with some Hollywood flair.

If you want to see a fictional-ish film that portrays Appalachia well, the good and the bad of it, I would recommend Coal Miner's Daughter, Songcatcher, or October Sky.

For good documentaries, try Stranger With a Camera, American Hollow, or Mountain Talk.

Emboldened by new California laws that make it nearly impossible for cops to bust prostitutes, sex workers in Los Angeles’ red light district stalk for business wearing no more than thongs, G-strings and high heels in broad daylight. A 40-block area of Figueroa Boulevard in South LA sees hundreds of prostitutes, some barely out of their teens, plying their trade since Gov. Gavin Newsom passed the controversial Safer Streets for All Act, which decriminalized loitering with the intent to work as a prostitute in January. Last month there were a total of six rapes reported in the area, according to the latest data obtained by The Post. A total of 51 rapes in the area have been reported so far this year.

NYP

The deliberate destruction of neighborhoods.
The wearing of attire such as that was legal, anyway.

And loitering is one of those laws that gets very selectively enforced and therefore is a bad law.

And note the deceptive wording: "barely out of their teens"--that's describing a 20 year old.

As for rapes--I would expect to see an "increase" with such a law. An increase in reporting, that is. If they don't have to admit to committing an illegal act when it happened they'll be more likely to report it.

(Note that personally I think streetwalking should be in general illegal. I would accept it in places where there is no other activity going on--say, an industrial area with no businesses working late shifts. My opposition is with the use of public passage areas for commercial purposes.)

Robbers in Los Angeles turn it up to eleven;

A disturbing video posted on social media shows a driver being robbed by a group of thieves in broad daylight after a violent crash on the 10 Freeway in South Los Angeles. The driver of a black Dodge Caravan "intentionally crashed" into a black Alfa Romeo sedan on the eastbound 10 Freeway near Arlington Avenue, according to CHP. A driver or passenger in a passing vehicle recorded the clip. It begins with at least four masked individuals -- each wearing dark clothing and hooded sweatshirts -- exiting a minivan and running toward a wrecked and smoking car on the right shoulder. The driver of the car is seen kneeling with both hands in the air. The robbers appear to ransack the victim's car as a man standing nearby appears to record the crime on his cellphone.
The witness added that the whole thing felt like something out of a movie. "But it was as real as it gets. Because that's how it is in Los Angeles."

ABC News
That's a pretty complex setup. I very much doubt it was random, they were after something specific.

My guess would be a shipment of drugs.

(although the heavy subsidy of those with children is bad as it has parents making $100k pay less taxes than childfree making $30k)
Really? Can you give an example? Let’s say the 30k person is paying 15% (maybe not exactly right but close). Then that’s $4,500 in taxes. For the 100k person to pay less than that that means they are only paying 4.5% at most. You are saying that the child tax credits can bring down the tax rate to less than 4.5%? That hasn’t been my experience so I’d like to see your math supporting your assertion.

For tax year 2021, the Child Tax Credit increased from $2,000 per qualifying child to: $3,600 for children ages 5 and under at the end of 2021; and. $3,000 for children ages 6 through 17 at the end of 2021.
That would take a lot of kids.

This is what the residents of Long Beach have to put up with;

Long Beach residents are up in arms after yet another horrifying incident that occurred Wednesday involving a homeless person in the downtown area of the Californian city, an area that local police refer to as The Beast. In the latest episode, a homeless man was filmed masturbating in front of a nail salon window, refusing pleas to stop as those inside watched on in horror. In an interview with Fox Los Angeles the salon's owner said that it took police nearly two hours to respond to their 911 call. The owner said in the same interview that one of her employees was sexually assaulted in the neighborhood earlier this year. It was less than two weeks ago when a woman became the victim of an attempted rape in broad daylight that was caught on camera in the same area. That woman was only saved when an elderly man pepper sprayed the 'demon possessed' suspect. Despite arresting the assailant, liberal Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon's office opted to charge him with minor sexual battery charges that could see him avoid any jail time altogether.

Daily Mail

Los Angeles, the largest open air psych ward in the world.

Long Beach residents are up in arms after yet another horrifying incident that occurred Wednesday involving a homeless person in the downtown area of the Californian city, an area that local police refer to as The Beast. In the latest episode, a homeless man was filmed masturbating in front of a nail salon window, refusing pleas to stop as those inside watched on in horror. In an interview with Fox Los Angeles the salon's owner said that it took police nearly two hours to respond to their 911 call. The owner said in the same interview that one of her employees was sexually assaulted in the neighborhood earlier this year. It was less than two weeks ago when a woman became the victim of an attempted rape in broad daylight that was caught on camera in the same area. That woman was only saved when an elderly man pepper sprayed the 'demon possessed' suspect. Despite arresting the assailant, liberal Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon's office opted to charge him with minor sexual battery charges that could see him avoid any jail time altogether.

Daily Mail

Maybe the thing to do in the future to get faster police response times, is to instead report that someone has been misgendered at that location. Law enforcement will show up within minutes. ;)

Daily Mail

As those that "watched on"...? I'm pretty certain people didn't actually have to watch on and could easily turn their heads.

I'm uncertain what TSwizzle's solution to dealing with the mentally ill is other than putting them in prison. Something needs to be done for those that can't function in society, but the options available are quite limited. Even in Southern California.

Daily Mail

Maybe the thing to do in the future to get faster police response times, is to instead report that someone has been misgendered at that location. Law enforcement will show up within minutes. ;)
Jebus, all the avenues you have, and your obsession with gender is what rises to the top? *shakes head*

No, the solution is to prop up naked photos of Whoppi Goldberg (or Roseanne Barr).

The terrifying reality of life on San Francisco's drug-ravaged streets has been laid bare by one life-long resident who filmed her walk to work through scenes that have made the city an international symbol for squalor and despair. Tiktoker 'Freqmeek' captured the pre-dawn horror as she gingerly picked her way through dozens of desperate addicts in the city's Tenderloin district. Some are hunched against the cold while others are too intoxicated to care as cars and buses try to steer a path through unconscious addicts sprawled across the road for hundreds of yards. 'The anxiety we experience just traveling to work daily in the Tenderloin is unbelievable,' she wrote. 'There are so many concerns and protections in place for drug users and homeless people but what about the working class that have to pray that they make it to and from work in this environment. Robberies are up 14 percent so far this year in the Golden Gate City where mayor London Breed last month demanded cuts of 18 percent from next year's police budget. Reported deaths from drug overdoses reached 620 in the first nine months of the year, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, up from 540 for the same period in 2020. And the city stands to lose $200 million a year in revenue through its business exodus - which has seen major hotels and retailers flee the city center.

Daily Mail

It sounds a delightful city to visit, NOT.

Newsom 2024!!

You really do believe anything you read, don't you? :ROFLMAO:
Yep. Its amazing how far they've come with deep fake videos these days. I walked that same route about 3 weeks ago...clean as a whistle!!
The video isn't fake, but the adjoining commentary is a bunch of melodramatic nonsense mixed in with a few outright lies.

Welp, those thieves are getting more and more creative...

Video shows thieves using backhoe to break into Oakland store with clerk inside

Surveillance video shows a backhoe crashing through the bulletproof glass of the AMPM store in the 800 block of West Grand Avenue in West Oakland on Monday morning. The glass broke inches in front of the a store clerk's face.

Video shows the backhoe then tearing apart an ATM.

"They tore up the whole front! That's at least $70,000 worth of damage," said Ali Abdulla, who is the owner of the AMPM store that was damaged. Abdulla chose not to show his face due to safety concerns. He says the clerk who was working is okay.

"I was born and raised in Oakland, I'm 51 years old and I've never seen nothing like this. I think the only way you can run a business in Oakland is - as soon as you close, you sleep in your store and stay locked and loaded with an AK-47 and just be ready because the police is not coming on time and I'm not blaming the police because there's just not enough of them out there," says Abdulla.

He says he is frustrated by the thousands of dollars worth of damage to his store, and also upset over what has happened to other businesses in Oakland. He wants to know where his tax dollars are going when it comes to public safety.

You really do believe anything you read, don't you? :ROFLMAO:
Yep. Its amazing how far they've come with deep fake videos these days. I walked that same route about 3 weeks ago...clean as a whistle!!
The video isn't fake, but the adjoining commentary is a bunch of melodramatic nonsense mixed in with a few outright lies.

What were the outright lies?
You can see the video with your own eyes, the description of same in textual form is obviously inaccurate. Likewise, most of its political claims. That London Breed is pushing to reduce police funding is not correct, for instance, quite the contrary, she's pushing a massive crime bill on the 2024 ballot that includes targeted funding of multiple police efforts across the city. The robbery statistic is technically correct but extremely deceptive, as what actually happened was that robberies declined to an all time low during the pandemic, and have only recently begun to climb again in the direction of their former average. We should absolutely be concerned about this, but deceptively framing statistics around in an attempt to blame the homeless for crimes they did not commit is not helping. The city is also not "an international symbol of squalor and despair, except to readers of the Daily Mail. Like Paris, another favorite target of the tabloid, it is actually a major global tourist destination, and by the numbers, an extremely affluent and unusually happy metropole. This would not be true if its international reputation were, as this article seems to argue, akin to that of Mogadishu.

I'd bet you that a lot of people who saw that video and read that article would "remember", if surveyed, that they saw tangible evidence in it of rampant drug use on the streets of the Tenderloin. Not because any drugs were actually visible in the clip, but because the adjoining article portrayed all of the homeless individuals in it as drug-addled.

Back
Top Bottom