• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

There are plenty of smaller-scale punishments that one can use, like ankle monitors. One can then exclude shoplifters from stores by having these monitors alert store clerks.

As to drug warring, stop it. Just stop it. As to drug addicts everywhere, I'd make antidotes freely available. If one can make military and police protection freely available, then why not antidotes?

There are plenty of smaller-scale punishments that one can use, like ankle monitors. One can then exclude shoplifters from stores by having these monitors alert store clerks.

As to drug warring, stop it. Just stop it. As to drug addicts everywhere, I'd make antidotes freely available. If one can make military and police protection freely available, then why not antidotes?
What antidotes are you talking about?!?!

Narcan is for opiate overdoses. It is a very unpleasant thing for the person receiving it as it throws you into withdrawal. Other than in some edge cases nobody ever chooses to take Narcan--it's administered by somebody else who sees the person in trouble and is used to keep them from dying. It does nothing about the addiction.

Insufferable prick governor of California Gavin Newsom stopped in Israel on his way to China to "offer California's support".

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is planning a one-day visit to Israel this week to meet people affected by that country’s war with Hamas, stopping over en route to China where he will discuss policies to curb global warming. “I’m on my way to Israel,” Newsom confirmed in a message posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “I’ll be meeting with those impacted by the horrific terrorist attacks and offering California’s support.”

News

Haven't these people suffered enough?

Meanwhile back in Newsom’s California there seems a complete lack of support from some of the citizens of the Republic of California;

Thousands of Pro-Palestinian demonstrators gathered at Pershing Square in downtown Los Angeles on Saturday afternoon to call for an end to Israeli airstrikes in Gaza, part of a wave of protests that have taken place this month across California in response to the Israel-Hamas war. Among the protesters was Hilda Tarazi, 91, who joked that she is “older than Israel.” She moved with the help of a walker, over which she placed a handmade sign reading “This is Not a Conflict This is Not a War This is Genocide.”

LA Times

How easily the word genocide gets bandied about these days.

Can’t wait for Newsom to get back from fixing the climate in China and back to fixing up this fucked up state. /sarcasm

WASHINGTON —
Homicides in the U.S. dropped significantly in 2022 and have plummeted even faster this year, putting the country on track for one of the biggest declines in killing ever recorded, crime statistics show.

If that comes as a surprise, you’re not alone.

Crime did rise nationwide in 2020 and 2021. The disruption caused by a deadly pandemic, a record increase in the availability of guns, a pullback of policing in some cities and perhaps other factors combined to create a surge in homicides and other crimes.

That national tide has started to recede, but public perception has not kept pace.

Emboldened by new California laws that make it nearly impossible for cops to bust prostitutes, sex workers in Los Angeles’ red light district stalk for business wearing no more than thongs, G-strings and high heels in broad daylight. A 40-block area of Figueroa Boulevard in South LA sees hundreds of prostitutes, some barely out of their teens, plying their trade since Gov. Gavin Newsom passed the controversial Safer Streets for All Act, which decriminalized loitering with the intent to work as a prostitute in January. Last month there were a total of six rapes reported in the area, according to the latest data obtained by The Post. A total of 51 rapes in the area have been reported so far this year.

NYP

The deliberate destruction of neighborhoods.

This is what we have to put up with in Los Angeles;

Surveillance cameras captured the moment a transient sexually assaulted a woman in broad daylight in downtown Long Beach. The brazen attack occurred on Oct. 20 at 2:15 p.m. in front of Village Market in the 140 block of Linden Avenue, and many residents and local businesses are saying this area of Long Beach has grown increasingly dangerous. The victim was walking down the street when video shows the suspect, now identified by police as 30-year-old Miguel Avila, sitting on the sidewalk before getting up and following the woman. Avila approaches the woman from behind, exposes himself and sexually assaults her as she falls to the ground. “It was horrifying to see,” Long Beach resident Jason Greenleaf told KTLA’s Rachel Menitoff. “I mean, this neighborhood is out of control.”

KTLA News

Meanwhile, insufferable prick Newsom, the governor of California meets with a Chinese dictator to discuss the weather;

Gavin Newsom was granted a surprise audience with China's leader Xi Jinping when he visited Beijing on Wednesday after being warmly welcomed by other senior leaders of the Chinese Communist Party. The reception for Newsom stood in sharp contrast to the official dialogue between Beijing and Washington in recent years. Following his meeting with Xi, Newsom said relations between the U.S. and China had been 'very stressful' in the last few years, and he hoped they were entering a 'new phase'. He told CNN: 'We've got to turn down the heat. We've got to manage our strategic differences. We've got to reconcile our strategic red lines. Those are well established between our two countries.' Newsom added: 'I want to applaud his (Xi's) willingness to reconcile those differences, people to people exchange, the fact he's meeting with the governor of California at the sub-national level, I think is indicative of a thaw (in relations).'

Daily Mail

And to think this moron will be running for POTUS 2024.

Last edited:
And to think this moron will be running for POTUS 20024.

Maybe, but the incumbent POTUS is currently calling the shots on his side.

If Newsom does get Democrats nomination, he'll probably be running against a candidate who knowingly made top secret military intel available to our worst enemies.

For patriotic Americans, the choice would be a no brainer. Unfortunately, Republican patriots are now RINOs.
Tom

Surveillance cameras captured the moment a transient sexually assaulted a woman in broad daylight in downtown Long Beach. The brazen attack occurred on Oct. 20 at 2:15 p.m. in front of Village Market in the 140 block of Linden Avenue, and many residents and local businesses are saying this area of Long Beach has grown increasingly dangerous. The victim was walking down the street when video shows the suspect, now identified by police as 30-year-old Miguel Avila, sitting on the sidewalk before getting up and following the woman. Avila approaches the woman from behind, exposes himself and sexually assaults her as she falls to the ground. “It was horrifying to see,” Long Beach resident Jason Greenleaf told KTLA’s Rachel Menitoff. “I mean, this neighborhood is out of control.”
KTLA News
I agree, there are far too many surveillance cameras these days, and far too few restrictions on using their footage for propaganda purposes.

Or are you aghast at the fact that a person was assaulted in a city of twelve and a half million people? Because if that's the cause of your concern, then I can console you with the fact that it's nothing new, nothing newsworthy, and nothing to worry about - particularly as there's literally nothing anyone can do about it. Certainly, changing the leadership of your state, city, and/or law enforcement departments isn't going to make such things stop.

Of course, such recognition of the reality of large urban areas isn't going to sell many newspapers, or get many votes for populist idiots. Hence the need for this propaganda - when people aren't personally involved, you can use such footage to induce an emotional response as though it had happened to someone they knew personally, as was therefore an imminent threat to themselves and their family and friends.

Psychological manipulation is fairly interesting; But it's something that smart people try to avoid being subjected to (and that dumb people wallow in, presumably for entertainment purposes).

I have struck out the manipulative and pure opinion parts from your quoted article, and now it reads:

Surveillance cameras captured the moment a [man] sexually assaulted a woman in downtown Long Beach. The attack occurred on Oct. 20 at 2:15 p.m. in front of Village Market in the 140 block of Linden Avenue. The victim was walking down the street when video shows the suspect, identified by police as 30-year-old Miguel Avila, sitting on the sidewalk before getting up and following the woman. Avila approaches the woman from behind, exposes himself and sexually assaults her as she falls to the ground.

So, a woman was attacked; The suspect was caught on camera, and has been identified by the police (and presumably arrested and charged). Sounds to me like the system is working.

Why the need for the reporter to tell us to be scared, or to tell us that Jason Greenleaf is scared and imply that we should emulate him? That's not news, it's propaganda.

Last edited:

KTLA News
I agree, there are far too many surveillance cameras these days, and far too few restrictions on using their footage for propaganda purposes.

Or are you aghast at the fact that a person was assaulted in a city of twelve and a half million people? Because if that's the cause of your concern, then I can console you with the fact that it's nothing new, nothing newsworthy, and nothing to worry about - particularly as there's literally nothing anyone can do about it. Certainly, changing the leadership of your state, city, and/or law enforcement departments isn't going to make such things stop.

Of course, such recognition of the reality of large urban areas isn't going to sell many newspapers, or get many votes for populist idiots. Hence the need for this propaganda - when people aren't personally involved, you can use such footage to induce an emotional response as though it had happened to someone they knew personally, as was therefore an imminent threat to themselves and their family and friends.

Psychological manipulation is fairly interesting; But it's something that smart people try to avoid being subjected to (and that dumb people wallow in, presumably for entertainment purposes).

I have struck out the manipulative and pure opinion parts from your quoted article, and now it reads:

Surveillance cameras captured the moment a [man] sexually assaulted a woman in downtown Long Beach. The attack occurred on Oct. 20 at 2:15 p.m. in front of Village Market in the 140 block of Linden Avenue. The victim was walking down the street when video shows the suspect, identified by police as 30-year-old Miguel Avila, sitting on the sidewalk before getting up and following the woman. Avila approaches the woman from behind, exposes himself and sexually assaults her as she falls to the ground.

So, a woman was attacked; The suspect was caught on camera, and has been identified by the police (and presumably arrested and charged). Sounds to me like the system is working.

Why the need for the reporter to tell us to be scared, or to tell us that Jason Greenleaf is scared and imply that we should emulate him? That's not news, it's propaganda.
It's all the righties have to sell, fear and propaganda. Fear sells well to the weak minded.

Robbers in Los Angeles turn it up to eleven;

A disturbing video posted on social media shows a driver being robbed by a group of thieves in broad daylight after a violent crash on the 10 Freeway in South Los Angeles. The driver of a black Dodge Caravan "intentionally crashed" into a black Alfa Romeo sedan on the eastbound 10 Freeway near Arlington Avenue, according to CHP. A driver or passenger in a passing vehicle recorded the clip. It begins with at least four masked individuals -- each wearing dark clothing and hooded sweatshirts -- exiting a minivan and running toward a wrecked and smoking car on the right shoulder. The driver of the car is seen kneeling with both hands in the air. The robbers appear to ransack the victim's car as a man standing nearby appears to record the crime on his cellphone.
The witness added that the whole thing felt like something out of a movie. "But it was as real as it gets. Because that's how it is in Los Angeles."

ABC News

And yet you are safer in LA than in almost in pill popping meth hole "town" in rural red states.

I rode city busses by myself from Brooklyn to JFK. Nobody hassled me. Meanwhile in rural Florida I have to leave my car unlocked when I park at remote spots to fish and I have been a mugging target by methheads at a rural boat ramp in Putnam County. You want to talk about ending up in the wrong holler up in the hills? DFO

And yet you are safer in LA than in almost in pill popping meth hole "town" in rural red states.

I rode city busses by myself from Brooklyn to JFK. Nobody hassled me. Meanwhile in rural Florida I have to leave my car unlocked when I park at remote spots to fish and I have been a mugging target by methheads at a rural boat ramp in Putnam County. You want to talk about ending up in the wrong holler up in the hills? DFO
My uncle (a historian and avid genealogist) tried to find one of our family's ancestral homes back in the 90s, up in the holler that is still named for us up in Tennessee. He ended up getting robbed and ditched by a guy who offered to give him a ride up there. When my grandmother heard about it, she shook her head and said "I coulda told ya there'd be no purpose in it, nothin but horse thieves and damned liars up that line." True story.

Back
Top Bottom