• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

Will be interesting to see if this leads to any changes.
Changes to what?

There are a couple of interesting developments in LA. There should be a proposition getting on the November ballot to change the catastrophic Prop 47 that was voted in a few years ago. Plus the idiot DA George Gascon faces a defeat in the up coming November election.

And Steve Garvey seems to be making inroads in his run against imbecile Shifty Schiff.
I don't know. The incident reminded me of this old Frank Rizzo quote:

Old timey quote

Maybe we'll find out soon enough if there's any truth to it.

Another victim of the "homeless" problem in Los Angeles.

woman died after being stabbed in the throat Monday morning on a Metro train before she got off at the Universal/Studio City station, and a suspect was arrested, authorities said. The attack was reported shortly after 5 a.m. in the 3900 block of Lankershim Boulevard, a Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson said. Authorities initially said the woman was stabbed as she exited a subway train at the station, but later said it happened on the train. "The attack occurred on the train. Somewhere between the last stop and here at Universal City station," said LAPD Det. Meghan Aguilar. "She then is able to exit, and the suspect exits as well, but the attack does occur on the train." The suspect, Elliot Tramel Nowden, 45, of Los Angeles, was later booked on suspicion of murder and held on $2 million bail, according to the LAPD. A photo of the suspect was released as investigators "strongly believe there are additional, unreported victims of Nowden." Anyone who may have been victimized by the suspect was asked to come forward.

News

This is what the visitors to Los Angeles have to look forward to. I heard an interview with a German tourist who got caught up in this incident. He had a very dim view of the environment and clientele on the trains. I used to use this station to go to the Crypto stadium downtown occasionally. I wouldn't dare use it now. And this is the public transport the like of Bass wants us to take? Not while the drug addled mental cases are allowed to practically live on the trains.

Another victim of the "homeless" problem in Los Angeles.

woman died after being stabbed in the throat Monday morning on a Metro train before she got off at the Universal/Studio City station, and a suspect was arrested, authorities said. The attack was reported shortly after 5 a.m. in the 3900 block of Lankershim Boulevard, a Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson said. Authorities initially said the woman was stabbed as she exited a subway train at the station, but later said it happened on the train. "The attack occurred on the train. Somewhere between the last stop and here at Universal City station," said LAPD Det. Meghan Aguilar. "She then is able to exit, and the suspect exits as well, but the attack does occur on the train." The suspect, Elliot Tramel Nowden, 45, of Los Angeles, was later booked on suspicion of murder and held on $2 million bail, according to the LAPD. A photo of the suspect was released as investigators "strongly believe there are additional, unreported victims of Nowden." Anyone who may have been victimized by the suspect was asked to come forward.

News

This is what the visitors to Los Angeles have to look forward to. I heard an interview with a German tourist who got caught up in this incident. He had a very dim view of the environment and clientele on the trains. I used to use this station to go to the Crypto stadium downtown occasionally. I wouldn't dare use it now. And this is the public transport the like of Bass wants us to take? Not while the drug addled mental cases are allowed to practically live on the trains.
Much more likely a nutter, homelessness is a symptom, not a cause.

The only reasonable time to put scare quotes around "homeless" is when the homeless population is being blamed for things they did not, in fact, do.

Assholes like these guys, for instance, might be called "homeless" since all instances of public pee and poo are routinely blamed on homeless people, but plenty of only "homeless" folks contribute to the problem:

The only reasonable time to put scare quotes around "homeless" is when the homeless population is being blamed for things they did not, in fact, do.

They are not "scare" quotes (not even sure what that means) they are just quotes in that the term "homeless" or the more laughable "unhoused" is attributed to a wide array of problems that blight the Los Angeles area. The person that carried out this vicious murder was likely a drug addled mental case that was allowed to use the train as a shelter because he was "homeless".

Your picture seems to show "drunks" or "assholes" or possible "drunk assholes" being antisocial. A different problem altogether from the "homeless" crisis in Los Angeles.

Suspect arrested after breaking into Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass’ residence

A suspect has been arrested after breaking into the Getty House, which is the official residence of Los Angeles Mayor, Karen Bass.

The incident occurred around 6:40 a.m. Sunday morning at the Getty House, located at 605 South Irving Boulevard. The Los Angeles Police Department arrived on the scene and arrested the suspect.

Mayor Bass and her family were not injured during the incident. The Mayor’s office released a statement about the break-in at the property.

“The Mayor is grateful to LAPD for responding and arresting the suspect,” the statement said.

Will be interesting to see if this leads to any changes.

Looks like its Adam Schiff's turn now.

Adam Schiff's bags stolen from parked car in San Francisco

California Rep. Adam Schiff’s luggage was stolen from his car as it sat in a downtown San Francisco parking garage on Thursday, according to multiple news outlets.

The theft, first reported by the San Francisco Chronicle, meant that the Democrat, and the likeliest candidate to become California’s next senator, spoke at swanky dinner party dressed in the only clothes he had: a navy long-sleeve shirt, an olive vest and a pair of gray pants (The Chronicle and SFGATE are both owned by Hearst but have separate newsrooms).

Old timey quote
How are the background pics relevant to the quote? And why do we need a choice of 12?

Assholes like these guys, for instance, might be called "homeless" since all instances of public pee and poo are routinely blamed on homeless people, but plenty of only "homeless" folks contribute to the problem:

A YELLOW bus in the middle of the day, is NOT a "party bus".
In the US that's a SCHOOL BUS.

Well, you're new. :D

That is unmistakeably a Busin, you can see the edge of their logo in the photo. They buy up old schoolbuses, deck them out all crazy inside, and rent them to tourists for a lark. Not even the only company to do it, Gillibus does the same thing only they paint the outside hippie colors. Tourists will pay good money to be publically infantilized.

That is unmistakeably a Busin, you can see the edge of their logo in the photo. They buy up old schoolbuses, deck them out all crazy inside, and rent them to tourists for a lark. Not even the only company to do it, Gillibus does the same thing only they paint the outside hippie colors. Tourists will pay good money to be publically infantilized.
Never heard of them and I'm surprised it's legal to have a vehicle that looks that much like a school bus.

Never heard of them and I'm surprised it's legal to have a vehicle that looks that much like a school bus.
Me too.
When I was a boy scout my troop had an old school bus to take a bunch of us school age kids on trips. It was not allowed to have the yellow with black color combination because it was not just for school purposes. It got repainted an ugly green.
Tom

Having it resemble a school bus does comes in handy at times, though. You can set the red lights flashing and drop the bus's "STOP" sign arm so that the drunk party boys can safely leave the bus to take a whiz.

Back
Top Bottom