• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

Jebus Christ, get a room you two!
I really wish she would just put me on Ignore already.
You know it works the other way around too, don't you?

I don't put you on ignore because outside of a few specific topics, I find your posts interesting. There's a lot we agree on, and only a couple that we disagree on. It's just that those disagreements are very passionate and strong disagreements.

Western civilization will be the first to fall;
Very likely.
But not because of trans people. It's because the billionaire elite has taken over the system so thoroughly that nobody can dislodge their control before Western civilization falls.

That's the problem. The Teaparty.

Tom

Moms for Liberty backed board member busted for shoplifting
This was reported on elsewhere here, but I found it so fun that I can't help but post about it.
A Tennessee school board member once backed by the far-right organization Moms for Liberty has resigned in the wake of charges that she stole merchandise by “skip-scanning” items at Target on seven occasions around the holidays last year.
Skip scanning is a way of stealing from stores that run self-service checkout stations. It's scanning some but not all of the items that one wants to take. I'm perplexed at why some store managements chose something that makes their stores so vulnerable to being stolen from by not scanning.

Keri Leigh Blair got out on bail: $7,500.

She was observed skip-scan stealing on 2023 Nov 25, 30, Dec 6, 13, 18, and 20, she used the same credit card each time and arrived at that Collierville Target store in the same car each time.

She allegedly stole $728.61 in items with prices from $60 to $140.

How did they catch up to her? Notice her skip scanning and then review a lot of security-camera video?

As to stealing several times in a store with the same credit card and arriving in the same car, she doesn't seem to have expected to get caught.

On Twitter/X, I saw some threads about that sort of theft, and it seems to be mainly middle-class white women who do that sort of theft, even if store security sometimes focuses on black shoppers instead. There was a black man who says that he helped his white friends shoplift by being a distraction for store security.

On Twitter/X, I saw some threads about that sort of theft, and it seems to be mainly middle-class white women who do that sort of theft, even if store security sometimes focuses on black shoppers instead. There was a black man who says that he helped his white friends shoplift by being a distraction for store security.
My wife was working in a Penney's women's department while she was in college and caught an older well dressed white lady switching price tags

My wife was working in a Penney's women's department while she was in college and caught an older well dressed white lady switching price tags
Switching some item's price tag for another one with a smaller amount, and then buying that item, thus paying less.

Ensuring that people are well-fed and well-housed and the like will eliminate what might be called "survival crime", and will make many people less violent. But there is a certain amount of criminality among people who are very comfortable, well-fed, well-housed, and with every reason to expect that happy state to continue.

California mom alleged 'ringleader' behind $8M retail theft ring that hit over 200 Ulta stores, others: AG
According to a complaint filed by California Attorney General Rob Bonta, more than $300,000 worth of makeup and other products were found in Michelle Mack, 53, and Kenneth Mack's shared Bonsall home when a search warrant was served on Dec. 6, 2023.

Mack allegedly paid for airfares, hotels and car rental costs for up to a dozen women who would go out and steal goods before sending them to Mack's home. Mack would then allegedly sell the stolen goods at a discount on her Amazon Marketplace storefront.
Airfares? Hotel rooms? Car rentals? What extravagance.
Her group, which investigators have called the "California Girls," operated in more than a dozen states around the country, targeting outlets including LensCrafters, Sephora and at least 231 Ulta stores, according to NBC San Diego.

Police uncovered what they described as a "mini store," filled with beauty products, sunglasses and designer bags, inside Mack’s garage. They also located hundreds of postmarked envelopes that were stuffed with stolen products ready to be sent out to customers, according to investigators.

Mack’s group regularly stole from a variety of retailers like Sephora, Ulta, Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Prada, Bath & Body Works, Victoria’s Secret, Luxottica’s Sunglass Hut and LensCrafters, prosecutors said.

2020–2022 catalytic converter theft ring and Catalytic converter theft ring busted in Oregon; how to prevent theft and Multimillion dollar catalytic converter theft ring operated out of Philadelphia towing business, prosecutors say | CNN
Prosecutors characterized Williams as the “king pin” of the operation, paying the so-called “cutters” for stolen catalytic converters. According to prosecutors, at the height of the criminal operation, TDI Towing was spending approximately $10,000 each night on stolen catalytic converters.

How many years should the the Macks be in prison for, lpetrich?

How large a fine?

Switching some item's price tag for another one with a smaller amount, and then buying that item, thus paying less.
If a store is mostly filled with middle-class white women then they would be well represented in the shoplifting category. On the rare occasion I have to venture into a Target, that's about all I see in there. It's Target FFS. The name literally means middle class white woman.
Where does this "focus on black shoppers" come from? Is there anything beyond anecdotes in the news to support this? Or do we all just have that image seared into our memories of the black guy walking down the street with a television in his arms? Further, I look at "Shopping while black" on Wikipedia and it looks like most of the info is based of asking black people if they are discriminated against. Well yeah, if it's forefront in a person's mind, how are such questions going to be answered. Am I followed around in a store? I don't know. I'm not looking for it.
My ex worked loss prevention for many years. They largely look for people standing in front of merchandise who are looking around at everything but the merchandise in front of them. That's a shoplifter. They have their "head on a swivel" while shopping.

Do many items have price tags on them anymore? Prices are mostly on the shelving. The item has their barcode on the package. I'm trying to think of items with actual tags (stickers) on them. Most of these stickers have multiple cuts to preclude them being removed intact.

But sure. Go on pretending money doesn't have something to do with it.
You and Loren are both acting like arguments and divorce are totally the same as intimate partner violence and murder. EVERYBODY argues about money sometimes, but very few people abuse their partners. Similarly, EVERYBODY gets angry at other drivers sometimes, but very few people murder other drivers.
Not remotely the same thing but they're reasonable proxies. But I'm saying that having a job/not having a job is not going to be a substantial factor.

But sure. Go on pretending money doesn't have something to do with it.
You and Loren are both acting like arguments and divorce are totally the same as intimate partner violence and murder. EVERYBODY argues about money sometimes, but very few people abuse their partners. Similarly, EVERYBODY gets angry at other drivers sometimes, but very few people murder other drivers.
Not remotely the same thing but they're reasonable proxies. But I'm saying that having a job/not having a job is not going to be a substantial factor.
Well, it might be correlated at the very least.

It might be more "parasitic piece of trash who thinks the world owes them for their existence" is more likely to spend time demanding things unfairly in the context of a relationship, or having a taste for taking things and experiences that are not theirs not anyone else's due.

In fact if I was to bet on the outcome of a study, I would at least indicate that describes many.

This is at the heart of a great deal of abuse, and I would expect to see more abusive behavior towards a spouse of those who direct abusive behavior to society.

Ensuring that people are well-fed and well-housed and the like will eliminate what might be called "survival crime", and will make many people less violent. But there is a certain amount of criminality among all people including those who are very comfortable, well-fed, well-housed, and with every reason to expect that happy state to continue.
FIFY

Police investigating racial harassment of NCAA women's basketball team in Idaho

Police in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and the FBI are investigating after a team in the NCAA Women's basketball tournament said they were racially harassed while staying in the city.

Members of the University of Utah women's team told police someone in a truck displaying a confederate flag yelled racial slurs and revved the engine in a menacing way as players and staff walked to dinner last Thursday. They say that same truck and a second were waiting as the team returned from dinner and followed them back to their hotel.

Utah's team, and the women's team from the University of California, Irvine, were staying in the north Idaho town to participate in the basketball tournament in nearby Spokane, Wash.

"It was really upsetting," said Utah Head Coach Lynne Rogers. "And for our players and staff to not feel safe in an NCAA Tournament environment, that's messed up."

Police investigating racial harassment of NCAA women's basketball team in Idaho

Police in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and the FBI are investigating after a team in the NCAA Women's basketball tournament said they were racially harassed while staying in the city.

Members of the University of Utah women's team told police someone in a truck displaying a confederate flag yelled racial slurs and revved the engine in a menacing way as players and staff walked to dinner last Thursday. They say that same truck and a second were waiting as the team returned from dinner and followed them back to their hotel.

Utah's team, and the women's team from the University of California, Irvine, were staying in the north Idaho town to participate in the basketball tournament in nearby Spokane, Wash.

"It was really upsetting," said Utah Head Coach Lynne Rogers. "And for our players and staff to not feel safe in an NCAA Tournament environment, that's messed up."
You are derailing Jarhyn's and Emily Lake's derail.

You could implant a suitably created "human" zygote in the torso of an agonadal ape, and it would grow, and at the end you would have a human.
What are you trying to describe here? Because this certainly sounds like an ectopic pregnancy and the chance of one going to term is extremely close to zero.

(And would it work at all or would it be rejected for immune reasons? The recent pig organ transplants involve GMO pigs as normal pigs would inevitably cause rejection.)
Ectopic pregnancies are dangerous largely because of what they do to fallopian tubes.

Pregnancies can and do occur in the interstitial space, and while this prevents organs from being protected from kicks and such, it would absolutely be possible.

The last article I read on the strategy did discuss that such a child would need to be cut out to birth them, as well.

At any rate, my point is that any lifecycle that works is valid reproduction, and that the only things you actually NEED for that are DNA, a cell that can become a zygote, and a structure that pumps enough of the right chemicals at it.
Ectopics outside the tube are typically lethal because the placenta implanting to the tissue causes bleeding or hits something vital.

More gender issue derail posts have been sent to the thread in Elsewhere. Please do not contribute to any further derails. Derail starters on the same subject matter will be sanctioned.

Back
Top Bottom