• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Breakdown In Civil Order

Costco (need a membership card to get in)

You need a membership card to go in to a store?

I would never go to a store like that.
Tom
Costco is $60/yr to get in the door (although there are a few exceptions where they are legally required to sell to anyone), they have basically nothing in the way of sales and do not take coupons and they are well known for having big packages (I have referred to mountain lions as "Costco cats", everyone laughed and understood), good regular prices and a lack of variety. For me, the savings on glasses more than pays for the membership.

Tom
Costco is $60/yr to get in the door (although there are a few exceptions where they are legally required to sell to anyone), they have basically nothing in the way of sales and do not take coupons and they are well known for having big packages (I have referred to mountain lions as "Costco cats", everyone laughed and understood), good regular prices and a lack of variety. For me, the savings on glasses more than pays for the membership.
I understand they also sell to small businesses at wholesale, i.e. no sales tax. Is that true?

Tom
I understand they also sell to small businesses at wholesale, i.e. no sales tax. Is that true?
I believe so--but remember that when the small business turns around and sells it they charge sales tax. It's just about avoiding double taxation.

I just heard two gunshots, probably from the homeless camp across the street.

I used to call it in to 911 and the police say they want it reported.

I don't bother anymore.

When I moved in I walked around the neigborhoos at anytime at night. Not anymore.

I don't bother anymore.

When I moved in I walked around the neigborhoos at anytime at night. Not anymore.
So maybe support initiatives to home them which are not doomed to fail your "drugs're bad mmkay" and "But they have ta work for it" moniker.

Take the poison out of the pill and the medicine will start to work.

Tom
I believe so--but remember that when the small business turns around and sells it they charge sales tax. It's just about avoiding double taxation.

Correct. The small business is issued a resale certificate from the state and are not charged tax on purchases. The only time the small business doesn't charge tax at point of sale is if their customer presents a tax exemption certificate.

I don't bother anymore.

So maybe support initiatives to home them which are not doomed to fail your "drugs're bad mmkay" and "But they have ta work for it" moniker.

Take the poison out of the pill and the medicine will start to work.
It is not just homeless. Teen armed violent robbery is up.

As to homeless no one can be compelled to get off the streets. There are many who want to stay home;ess. They have a tent and get food from charities. They mange to get enough money for alcohol and drugs. Taking housing means no drugs or alcohol.

Apparently healthy young people panhandle and live in camps rather than getting a job.

Thhere is a camp across the street. There is another one i a nearby park between the park fence and the highway. They have a generator.

People drive up, get out of a car, go in the camp, and come right back out. Or somebody meets them on the steet and the drug exchnage is made openly through the car window. We have all seen it in my building.

Lasr week somebody truesd to break the lock on our frnt door. They will wait outside the garage door. When somebody drives out they get in before the door closes. A car was stolen and multiple car break ins. Somebody left the door opener in their car and the theif drove out.

It is not just our building and neighborhood.

I don't bother anymore.
Ah, so you are personally responsible for the problem you're bemoaning.

You can see a problem, but won't report it as requested by the police. You kids these days just don't seem to understand civic responsibility.

I don't bother anymore.
Ah, so you are personally responsible for the problem you're bemoaning.

You can see a problem, but won't report it as requested by the police. You kids these days just don't seem to understand civic responsibility.
Seattle is suffering from an increase of crime, larger than other parts of the country. I think Steve is experiencing it outside his front door. His indifference on reporting is an effect of a sense of powerlessness, not apathy. I'd be hesitant to mock it.

I don't bother anymore.

Oh noes... Two gunshots, apparently no one injured.

A guy around the corner from me was shot and killed in the middle of the afternoon. I heard the gun shots. The shooter probably emptied the entire clip.

You're not special, Steve.

I don't bother anymore.

A guy around the corner from me was shot and killed in the middle of the afternoon. I heard the gun shots. The shooter probably emptied the entire clip.

Yeah, it really is arrogant of Steve to be upset by an uptick in crime in his neighborhood.

The new mayor of Los Angeles has declared Los Angeles "homeless" problem an emergency!!!!!111!!11!!!!!11!

In her first official act since being sworn into office, Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass declared a state of emergency on homelessness Monday. Bass said the declaration shows the people of Los Angeles that "we are united and serious about the city's crisis of homelessness."
The effort will help city agencies cut through red tape, she said, as she plans soon to unveil proposals to clear homeless encampments and get people living on the streets into shelter and housing. "I will not accept a homeless crisis that afflicts more than 40,000 Angelenos and affects every one of us. It is a humanitarian crisis that takes the life of five people every day," the mayor said just prior to officially signing the declaration. "It must stop, and change starts now...There will be no holding back on my watch." Later this week, Bass will unveil her plan, called Inside Safe, to address encampments. She has also pledged to clear the most problematic encampments in her first 100 days relying on master leasing apartments and hotel rooms for temporary shelters.

News

WTF was former Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti actually doing? Answers on a postage stamp please.

I have noticed a couple of encampments have been disbanded, the long line of broken down RVs and old cars on Highland Ave, just at the Hollywood Bowl have been removed plus a public space further into Hollywood has been cleared and fenced off to keep the "homeless" out.

Last edited:

I don't bother anymore.

You have no idea what you are making light of. Didn't say I was special.

In the 70s I was driving a cab at night in Hartford Ct. I had a window shot out. One place I lived in was called smack city by a local paper. The corner of Sisson and Farmington Ave. A guy harrased my girlfriend. I went to his apartment with a knife up my sleve.

You want to talk shit?

Our building was hit in a drive by. Someone in my building was assaulted by someone who got in. There have been multiple murders around where I live. Somebody in my buiding pulled two young guys off an ao old Asian woman they were assaulting.

I live on the edhge of Chinatown. Asians in the district are afraid due to the rise in assaults and hate crimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't bother anymore.

Yeah, it really is arrogant of Steve to be upset by an uptick in crime in his neighborhood.
While he is unwilling to do anything about it.

I don't bother anymore.

You have no idea what you are making light of. Didn't say I was special.
Sure sounds to me like your trying to win the victimhood race.
In the 70s I was driving a cab at night in Hartford Ct. I had a window shot out. One place I lived in was called smack city by a local paper. The corner of Sisson and Farmington Ave.
So... But it's worse now?
A guy harrased my girlfriend. I went to his apartment with a knife up my sleve.
So you were part of the crime problem.
Our building was hit in a drive by. Someone in my building was assaulted by someone who got in. There have been multiple murders around where I live. Somebody in my buiding pulled two young guys off an ao old Asian woman they were assaulting.

I live on the edhge of Chinatown. Asians in the district are afraid due to the rise in assaults and hate crimes.
You need one of these:knight:, in white.

Golly, this was rough. I would somewhat lean to overkill.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...spect-inside-sw-houston-taco-shop-police-say/

Incompetent, but still dangerous, armed robber in a Houston restaurant is killed by a mag-dump (9 bullets) from a customer. Was the customer former military, police or cartel?

Would it be a very good or very bad idea to show all people on trial or convicted of armed robbery this type of video?

Either scared straight or scared into shooting first and getting the money later.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...spect-inside-sw-houston-taco-shop-police-say/

Incompetent, but still dangerous, armed robber in a Houston restaurant is killed by a mag-dump (9 bullets) from a customer. Was the customer former military, police or cartel?

Would it be a very good or very bad idea to show all people on trial or convicted of armed robbery this type of video?

Either scared straight or scared into shooting first and getting the money later.
The video doesn't actually show the shooting so it's not apparent how fast the guy went down. The various authorities who have seen the video don't seem to have a problem with it so I doubt it's a case of pouring rounds into a body on the ground. Looking at what we see before the video freezes his rounds aren't going into any spot that will cause an instant stop.

The video doesn't actually show the shooting so it's not apparent how fast the guy went down. The various authorities who have seen the video don't seem to have a problem with it so I doubt it's a case of pouring rounds into a body on the ground. Looking at what we see before the video freezes his rounds aren't going into any spot that will cause an instant stop.

Well, I saw the whole video on the Kiwifarms thread "Post Videos of People Dying". Not sure where else to find it, but it should be readily accessible on any news website a after a clear warning that you will see a death.

It was four shots in a row and the robber was basically down for the count. Slight pause before shots 5, 6, 7 and 8 (say 1.5 times longer between these shots than shots 1-4).
Then he bends down grabs the gun and AFTER that fires shot 9 in the robber's head or upper chest.

Are you gonna be above it all and NOT watch the video and still pontificate about it? That would be blowhard central, my dude.

Or you can watch this video where at 1:50 Robby Soave describes the last shot happening after the gun has a been grabbed by the patron.

Back
Top Bottom