• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Caption Contest

Learn to play an instrument, my dad said
I wanted to learn the bass cello, I said

I wanted a Nascar for my birthday, not a guitar
I was thinking about guitars. I have … some. But I also have had a horse for 23 years. That horse alone has cost - including feed, training, transportation, show entry fees minus winnings - totals over 100k and all I have to show for it is a great equine companion, some fantastic memories, some horsemanship skills, a truck and a trailer … which i could have foregone.
If I had done so, that 100k would get about fifty of the guitars I want and don’t have.

Actually I just want a Gibson 335, a Telecaster snd a vintage LP - maybe 4-5k total. But I can’t rationalize it, especially since my playing isn’t getting better. So …

Bought a Chinese made knockoff Tele for under $100 and it sounds great: VERY much like the real thing. But the neck is garbage. A decent neck will cost $60-180 and tuners another $40-60 but it will let me cross Telecaster off the list without spending $2-3k.

Guitars would have been a better investment for sure. Some of my older ones are worth 10-15 times what I paid for them.

I think we already did this one.

If he mentions Roger Waters one more time, I'm going to Pete Townsend him with this thing.

I'm going to Pete Townsend him with this thing.
Sheesh. I have been off Pete since seeing him wreck a perfectly good guitar in Denver. Not just a perfectly good one, a vintage Schecter strat, not unlike this one, which is not just one of my three favs, but also worth thousands to some people.

36D99054-3C9F-43C3-AF0B-0A78FC85C595.jpeg

I was thinking about guitars. I have … some. But I also have had a horse for 23 years. That horse alone has cost - including feed, training, transportation, show entry fees minus winnings - totals over 100k and all I have to show for it is a great equine companion, some fantastic memories, some horsemanship skills, a truck and a trailer … which i could have foregone.
If I had done so, that 100k would get about fifty of the guitars I want and don’t have.

Actually I just want a Gibson 335, a Telecaster snd a vintage LP - maybe 4-5k total. But I can’t rationalize it, especially since my playing isn’t getting better. So …

Bought a Chinese made knockoff Tele for under $100 and it sounds great: VERY much like the real thing. But the neck is garbage. A decent neck will cost $60-180 and tuners another $40-60 but it will let me cross Telecaster off the list without spending $2-3k.

Guitars would have been a better investment for sure. Some of my older ones are worth 10-15 times what I paid for them.
I'd take Seven any day...

Thanks, let's try this one here.

GPF5j6UXsAAy3Q5.jpg

I'd take Seven any day...
Yeah... it's mostly at night when I feel like playing guitar. ;)
Seriously I wouldn't trade the experience of sharing Seven's life with him, for ANYTHING.

“Praise Jesus, it’s a miracle that no one died!”

Back
Top Bottom