• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Car plows into counter-protesters at Unite The Right rally

Idiotic nonsense, but par for the couse for left-wing argumentation on this forum.

No. It is par for the course for right-wing fanatics - especially those who call all Muslims "terrorists". Underseer is lampooning those types of people with his tongue-in-cheek comment. If you don't like being smeared with the labels he assigned you because you don't speak out strongly enough against neo-nazis/white supremacists, then perhaps you will finally understand why it is wrong when right-wingers pull that shit against Muslims and other groups.

Perhaps.

Doubtful, but perhaps.

Derec doesn't have the necessary sense of personal irony needed to be consciously aware of his own hypocrisy.

Derec doesn't have the necessary sense of personal irony needed to be consciously aware of his own hypocrisy.
All you and RavenSky I have are ad hominems.

FIFY. Seriously, I was in a terrible mood this morning after watching the video. I come into this thread and see you here with your usual inflammatory shenanigans [ad hominems] directed at everything but the topic at hand. Can't you just commiserate with your fellow human beings over what happened without arguing and bringing up Hillary Clinton or blacks? That's why I told you to go away.

14xp-heather-articleLarge.jpg

(CNN) Heather Heyer dedicated her life to standing up for those she felt were not being heard, her family and friends said. She died fighting for her beliefs and campaigning against hate.

"She was very strong in what she felt and she spoke with conviction," Heather's close friend and co-worker Marissa Blair told Chris Cuomo on CNN's "New Day" on Monday.

"She would never back down from what she believed in. And that's what she died doing, she died fighting for what she believed in. Heather was a sweet, sweet soul and she'll never be replaced, she'll never be forgotten."

Thirty-two-year-old Heyer was killed Saturday when a car plowed into a crowd of counterprotesters gathered to oppose a "Unite the Right" rally of white nationalist and other right-wing groups. Nineteen others were injured in the incident.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/13/us/charlottesville-heather-heyer-profile/index.html

All you and RavenSky I have are ad hominems.

FIFY. Seriously, I was in a terrible mood this morning after watching the video. I come into this thread and see you here with your usual inflammatory shenanigans [ad hominems] directed at everything but the topic at hand. Can't you just commiserate with your fellow human beings over what happened without arguing and bringing up Hillary Clinton or blacks? That's why I told you to go away.
Probably because this thread is in the political section; high emotions should be left out of it.

Idiotic nonsense, but par for the couse for left-wing argumentation on this forum.

No. It is par for the course for right-wing fanatics - especially those who call all Muslims "terrorists". Underseer is lampooning those types of people with his tongue-in-cheek comment. If you don't like being smeared with the labels he assigned you because you don't speak out strongly enough against neo-nazis/white supremacists, then perhaps you will finally understand why it is wrong when right-wingers pull that shit against Muslims and other groups.

Perhaps.

Doubtful, but perhaps.
Speak out? Hell, he is blaming the BLM for this.

Probably because this thread is in the political section; high emotions should be left out of it.
Odd, because I (and the left in general) was disgusted by the attempted massacre on the Republicans. Yet, we seem to hear more people whining about 'the poor white folks' than the fact a woman was killed.

You mean like the terrorist in Charlottesville? Hmmm.
"Most likely" does not mean "without exception".
Lack of relevant information has not stopped you from jumping to the conclusion that an attack is Islamic terrorism. So, is your restraint in this instance a change in course - no jumping to conclusions or is it due to sympathy with the attacker's cause? Too bad your newfound restraint does not extend to blaming the BLM movement.

Values should NOT be.

Odd, because I (and the left in general) was disgusted by the attempted massacre on the Republicans. Yet, we seem to hear more people whining about 'the poor white folks' than the fact a woman was killed.
Well, I am not playing either game. Trump, like Obama, has to be perceived as the president representing all people; so that will of course not sit well with various sides.

Well, I am not playing either game. Trump, like Obama, has to be perceived as the president representing all people; so that will of course not sit well with various sides.

Trump has no intention of being a president for all people, so why should anyone (including neo-nazis) perceive him as such?

Values should NOT be.
Correct, except just about every concerned party is going to claim the upper hand in this regard.

Nazis do not have the benefit of having the upper hand and should never have the upper hand. That's what is being discussed her--American Nazis. There is no need for a Moore-Coulter or to discuss "sides" a la Trump. We're talking about Nazis. They don't share my values and I hope they don't share yours.

Nazis do not have the benefit of having the upper hand and should never have the upper hand.
I thought Nazis were all about the "upper hand". :tonguea:

That's what is being discussed her--American Nazis. There is no need for a Moore-Coulter or to discuss "sides" a la Trump. We're talking about Nazis. They don't share my values and I hope they don't share yours.
Of course not. But neither do other extremist groups. Nazi ideology is not a singularity, it's not qualitatively different from other extremist movements.

President Trump should represent all the people, but he has made abundantly clear that he does not. Why should anyone perceive something that is patently false?

That's what is being discussed her--American Nazis. There is no need for a Moore-Coulter or to discuss "sides" a la Trump. We're talking about Nazis. They don't share my values and I hope they don't share yours.
Of course not. But neither do other extremist groups. Nazi ideology is not a singularity, it's not qualitatively different from other extremist movements.

You perceive groups at the ends as extremists, even if it's a group about equality and justice. And so, you comparing such groups to genocidal maniac groups makes no sense. As Jimmy pointed out, this isn't even Moore-Coulter because it's exponentially worse. It's like Moore-Hitler.

Since it explicitly adopts genocide as a policy, it must certainly is qualitative different from all other extremist groups who do not endorse genocide. Duh.

You perceive groups at the ends as extremists, even if it's a group about equality and justice. And so, you comparing such groups to genocidal maniac groups makes no sense. As Jimmy pointed out, this isn't even Moore-Coulter because it's exponentially worse. It's like Moore-Hitler.

Yeah, Moore-Hitler is pretty damn appropriate.

Comparing BLM to Neo-Nazi's or the KKK, which right-wingers are fond of doing, shows several fundamental disconnects with reality - and I don't even doubt that those right-wingers honestly reject Neo-Nazi's and the KKK. But the right-wing media has done a great job of convincing vast amounts of people that these groups are essentially equivalent.

Hell, as much as I deplore Antifa, they too are in no-way comparable to Neo-Nazis and the KKK.

Obama was President during neither event. Did you have a point, other than to brag you apparently like fences?

Back
Top Bottom