• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Could Trump resign within 60 days?

What? You do realize that it is about proving in court... not just waving papers and saying "collusion"! How long did it take for Giuliani to take down Gotti?
We're talking about the POTUS not a guy who heads a crime family.

If the evidence was as obvious as Koy suposses then there is no need to waste time

Any good prosecutor wouldn't take a case into court unless he or she was certain that they could win. They'd take as much time as needed to assemble their case completely, not half-ass it so they can go out golfing.

Mueller strikes me as a very good prosecutor. He's taking his time. Dotting every I and crossing every T. If he had nothing, it wouldn't have taken this long.

We're talking about both.

If the evidence was as obvious as Koyaanisqatsi suposses then there is no need to waste time

Mueller would be remiss if he submitted a case without full confidence that he is able to present the full scope of the case's supporting evidence. Jumping the gun and failing to present enough evidence to get Congress to move on it, could make him the biggest villain of the 21st century.

We're talking about both.

If the evidence was as obvious as Koyaanisqatsi suposses then there is no need to waste time

Mueller would be remiss if he submitted a case without full confidence that he is able to present the full scope of the case's supporting evidence. Jumping the gun and failing to present enough evidence to get Congress to move on it, could make him the biggest villain of the 21st century.
So Mueller doesn't believe he has a strong enough case? Koyaanisqatsi's point is that the evidence is there and known and for some odd reason is being kept from the rest of the world. I doubt that very seriously. If it were the case then Mueller is allowing a traitor to remain in office. That's equally treasonous, IMO.

So Mueller doesn't believe he has a strong enough case?

The most likely scenario IMHO is that he could probably set out a strong enough obstruction case to win in court, but any action against Trump isn't going to court - and there's much more than obstruction that is being investigated. There is obviously much for Mueller to learn about Cheato's financial crimes, ethical violations etc., so he'll be busy for a while. Don't expect a full report to be given to congress prior to the November elections in any event. Anything submitted before then will be consigned to the dust bin by the complicit Republican Congress, and Mueller is fully aware of that. Submitting a report about a treasonous President, knowing that is destined to be buried, would make him complicit as well.

that if you actually believe he's innocent and did not collude with Russia no matter what they may say or even do publicly.

This Nunes debacle is an excellent example. The Republicans that matter--i.e., those in the Senate who actually are intelligent and see through all the bullshit--know what Mueller is doing and/or about to do. Whether it's whispers or leaks and just the fact that they've seen the evidence we haven't yet, they know. And they are behaving in only one fashion; he's guilty. Hence the desperation of the few, like Nunes. But look at what Nunes did. It was obvious bullshit to everyone in Congress and most in the United States. When the best you can do is a transparent pile of pigshit, well that's a death knell that certainly doesn't surprise anyone behind the scenes who already knew it was pigshit as he was crafting it.
If Mueller had any goods on Trump in this regard and allowed Trump to remain in office one minute longer than possible without bringing the case then Mueller risks being labeled a traitor as well. Mueller has nothing regarding the Russian cullusion case.

You don't think an experienced investigator would do a methodical, thorough job? Are YOU in the know about all that Mueller knows and is looking at? I think it would be stupid to rush this, and Mueller doesn't seem like a stupid guy by anyone's measure. Except maybe Bubba the third-grade-edumacated redneck who gets all his information from Fox News.

Would evangelicals support President Pence even more? They could say, "Okay, fine, we may have exaggerated a bit when we declared Trump to be the Second Coming of Christ, heh heh. But now that a Real True Christian is President? Well, this time for sure!"

"Even more"? According to this, 80% of them voted for Trump. So the upside is pretty limited.
There is still significant room, and nearly all of the Evangelical objections to Trump (the ones I've seen, at least) do not apply to Pence. So, I think they would probably vote in greater percentages, and also support him by a greater margin.

that if you actually believe he's innocent and did not collude with Russia no matter what they may say or even do publicly.

This Nunes debacle is an excellent example. The Republicans that matter--i.e., those in the Senate who actually are intelligent and see through all the bullshit--know what Mueller is doing and/or about to do. Whether it's whispers or leaks and just the fact that they've seen the evidence we haven't yet, they know. And they are behaving in only one fashion; he's guilty. Hence the desperation of the few, like Nunes. But look at what Nunes did. It was obvious bullshit to everyone in Congress and most in the United States. When the best you can do is a transparent pile of pigshit, well that's a death knell that certainly doesn't surprise anyone behind the scenes who already knew it was pigshit as he was crafting it.
If Mueller had any goods on Trump in this regard and allowed Trump to remain in office one minute longer than possible without bringing the case then Mueller risks being labeled a traitor as well.

How do you figure that?

So Mueller doesn't believe he has a strong enough case?

:rolleyes:

Koyaanisqatsi's point is that the evidence is there and known and for some odd reason

No, not for “some odd reason.” Go back. Re-read.

If it were the case then Mueller is allowing a traitor to remain in office.

Also wrong.

That's equally treasonous

I’m dying to see you spell that one out.

Ahh. In your opinion. Not, however in any legal sense or logical sense or even common sense.

Try again.

Inheriting the office has historically been shown to simply be a waste of time until the following election.

Tell that to Harry Truman....

OK, so inheriting the office has been a waste of time, unless the new president nukes someone.

That's reassuring.

Yes, we are. Why do you think Mueller is the perfect special counsel for this? He is experienced with just that kind of crime. :)

There's no need to not be careful and thorough. Calm your jets, Mueller and his team know what they're doing.

I am *bumping* this thread.

I was WRONG.

However, I think he may now resign, given how everyone thinks he is a loser. Mike Pence may invoke the 25th amendment. If he doesn't Congress is going to impeach him again. Fox News is no longer completely supporting him...just far out uncommon extremists.

There is writing on the wall. He may be too deluded to see it...but I think it's his rational option to save some face. He can say he didn't mean to storm the building. He can make up some things. He can even wish Biden well and get some sympathy on his way out.

Am I wrong AGAIN?

I am *bumping* this thread.

I was WRONG.

However, I think he may now resign, given how everyone thinks he is a loser. Mike Pence may invoke the 25th amendment. If he doesn't Congress is going to impeach him again. Fox News is no longer completely supporting him...just far out uncommon extremists.

There is writing on the wall. He may be too deluded to see it...but I think it's his rational option to save some face. He can say he didn't mean to storm the building. He can make up some things. He can even wish Biden well and get some sympathy on his way out.

Am I wrong AGAIN?

Yes. He has OANN, NewsMax and millions of gullibles still behind him. He will go kicking and screaming on the 20th, and do everything he can to keep himself in front of his adoring fans.

I think Pence and a few other close advisors are sitting down with Trump right now, explaining to him how resignation is his only way to avoid being removed by either the 25th, or impeachment. It is at least possible that he will finally see that resignation is the least worst thing that could happen to him now. I give it better than even odds that he will resign by the end of the week. If he has not resigned by then, however, I don't think he will.

If he's removed from office, he loses secret service protections. I'm sure a dozen of yesterday's seditionists will volunteer to guard him, but federal marshals won't hesitate to shoot through them if necessary....

I think Pence and a few other close advisors are sitting down with Trump right now, explaining to him how resignation is his only way to avoid being removed by either the 25th, or impeachment. It is at least possible that he will finally see that resignation is the least worst thing that could happen to him now. I give it better than even odds that he will resign by the end of the week. If he has not resigned by then, however, I don't think he will.

No way he resigns. You’re assuming he could be swayed by reason. He is mentally defective. Pence is a traitor in his eyes now.

No way he resigns. You’re assuming he could be swayed by reason. He is mentally defective. Pence is a traitor in his eyes now.

Unfortunately it seems you are right, he just put out a video that makes it pretty apparent that he won't be resigning, but at least he almost admits defeat.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/trump-biden-us-capitol-electoral-college-insurrection/index.html

Back
Top Bottom