• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Well, Hurricane Ida is gaining strength and heading towards Louisiana. New Orleans is a target and mandatory evacuation is in effect. Massive rainfall is predicted. And now it gets interesting. Where does one evacuate to to avoid the Louisiana plague rats who refuse to get vaccinated or wear masks? Will this be a mass spreader event? What happens to all those hospitals with their full ICU beds? Where do they evacuate to? Will coughing plague rats be denied entry to safe evacuation sites? Stay tuned for one big disaster on top of a disaster.

Is there an intersectional version of climate issues?

Like when a global health disaster intersects with weather disaster and they intersect with a political catastrophe?

Tom

ETA ~It's not the first time it's happened. Just the first time USA people experienced it personally.~

Louisiana is one of the red states hit hardest by Covid. It's hospitals are at capacity. Where those in hospital ICUs to be evacuated will go is hard to see. What about some plague rat at some evacuation center that refuses to wear a mask? Can they be thrown out into the rain?

So getting vaccinated for the previously infected is like going to church?

Yep.

In this particular circumstance it is exactly like that.
Tom

No, it's not. Getting vaccinated against COVID19 even if you've tested positive for COVID19 in the past will boost your immunity to COVID19.

Going to church in a pandemic seems to be correlated to becoming ill from COVID19.

Did crazyfingers' daughter's boyfrriend already have a covid infection?

I don't see that as particularly the issue.

It's [MENTION=64]crazyfingers[/MENTION]; and Mrs. crazyfingers' house and home.
If his decision is "choose between living here and boyfriend's vaccination", I see that as a pretty clear and simple choice for daughter.
Tom

To the best of our knowledge, he has not been infected yet.

My daughter can always stay at my parent's unoccupied home 30 minutes away. We have kept it turned on and off the market for reasons exactly like this. Back in January I had to live there when I had visited my mom the day before she tested positive at her assisted living. I was there for 7 days until I got my negative test back. Of course it will take 5-6 weeks for my wife to get fully vaccinated when she returns

The real world results of infection and/or vaccination on immunity don't matter? Don't like a dictatorship by the ignorant and inflexible. But he said he wanted to look further into the Israeli data, IIRC.

Correct.

It's his house and his rules.

Daughter needs to abide by his rules or become independent. Her choice.

I went to 9am Mass for years after I had my own place. Because my parents rules included "If you wake up in our house on Sunday morning, you will be showered, dressed, and in the car at 8:45."

I could choose not to be there or follow their rules. I was free.
Tom

He is not previously infected and my interest whether if he did become infected the chances that my vaccinated daughter could become infected and not even know it but infect my wife when she can return to canada.

Well, Hurricane Ida is gaining strength and heading towards Louisiana. New Orleans is a target and mandatory evacuation is in effect. Massive rainfall is predicted. And now it gets interesting. Where does one evacuate to to avoid the Louisiana plague rats who refuse to get vaccinated or wear masks? Will this be a mass spreader event? What happens to all those hospitals with their full ICU beds? Where do they evacuate to? Will coughing plague rats be denied entry to safe evacuation sites? Stay tuned for one big disaster on top of a disaster.
Won’t these same people say that a mandatory evacuation order is an infringement of their freedoms? Should the governor ban evacuation mandates? The logic seems similar except that staying to risk dying in a hurricane is less of a risk to those around you than refusing to vaccinate in a pandemic.

It's all about basic freedoms. I'm staying. Of course, should shit happen I expect the national guard, fire department, coastguard and all emergency services to come to my rescue. I just want my freedom.

Even though I'm pro-vaccines I agree with that sign. The way normally sensible people are going completely overboard on enforcing vaccines scares me. The lack of resistance to force and social pressure is terrifying.

When I went and scrolled through the whole roll of posts and saw that she died in the end, I was surprised to come back here and see that you agreed with her sign.

I work part time at a liquor/grocery store. One of the things I do is order a lot of stuff. Tobacco and such.I can tell you the supply chain is still horrible.It is taking forever for suppliers to catch up.

And now we are starting to see stories of people dying, not from COVID, but from other treatable conditions, but there were no ICU beds available.

A veteran in Texas from a treatable problem, and a man in Kansas who was waiting 3 days for a bed.

So for all those people out there who talk about their freedoms to not wear a mask or not get a vaccine, or snidely say 'stay home if you are scared', I say FUCK YOU!!!

blacks, hispanics asians and whites, fuck them all to hell.

I keep noticing that that the craziest ones are women. What's up with that?

Maybe women are more emotionally based then men. Not all of course but as a general observation I find this to be the case. Are female prefontal cortices wired slightly differently or slightly smaller? There is always a physical reason for a given behavior.

But I've not noticed any sexual bdifference. The crazies are everywhere.

Maybe women are more emotionally based then men. Not all of course but as a general observation I find this to be the case. Are female prefontal cortices wired slightly differently or slightly smaller? There is always a physical reason for a given behavior.

You have never seen emotional men?

Being emotional is all about practicing living in that mode. It has nothing to do with the brain or brain chemistry.

If you practice something else you will be different.

Some of the hardest unemotional people on the planet are women.

We are what we practice being. Or we are nothing but jellyfish, a tool for others.

I have noticed the difference. When CNN interviews these idiots. Men tend to be "Whatever, I will be fine". When it's a woman, it's often unending flow of conspiracy theories and they are pretty fanatical about it.

Yep.

In this particular circumstance it is exactly like that.
Tom

No, it's not. Getting vaccinated against COVID19 even if you've tested positive for COVID19 in the past will boost your immunity to COVID19.

Going to church in a pandemic seems to be correlated to becoming ill from COVID19.

You're still missing my point.

It's CF's house, therefore his rules. Church, vaccination, cussing, whatever.
Tom

So...if you threaten my life, it's accepted that i can shoot you.
If you're on my property, and might pose a threat, it's often accepted that i can shoot you.
Some here have supported cops shooting someone because they might have gone somewhere to acquire q gun, come back, and posed a threat.
As a society, it's accepted that we can invade countries that pose a threat to our society.

I see these people dying of treatable conditions because the beds are full of covidiots that trusted their immune system, or God, or horse medication, or whatever... and i worry that complications of any of my many ailments could lead to similar results...

I wonder if we can tie mandatory vaccinations to Stand Your Ground Laws?

No it wasn’t. You wanted to exterminate the anti-vaxxers.

Or was that the Taliban?

Hard to tell them apart.

But you wanted to force the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated. Are you a Taliban?

Wow. Vaccination against a life threatening contagious disease really is very much like extermination.

Or being responsible for being unvax’d by wearing masks and limiting exposure to the public is anti-freedom.

I haven't seen the evidence that supports this assertion. I will say that people, for some reason, expect women to be over all more liberal than men. This clearly isn't always the case as more white women voted for Trump over HRC in 2016. Stunningly, 55% of white women voted for Trump in 2020 vs only 43% for Biden.

https://19thnews.org/2020/11/white-women-had-doubts-they-voted-for-trump-anyway/

Back
Top Bottom