• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

It is almost entirely the unvaccinated dying.

Being absolutely stupid is having a cost for once.

And having COVID already is not keeping you alive.

Rarely has medical science been shown to be so right.

But the governor of Florida says it's illegal to force kids to wear masks in public schools.

But the governor of Florida says it's illegal to force kids to wear masks in public schools.

Sure, but those stupid, unmasked people who get COVID19 don't all die. Some of them (who may or may not be related to me by marriage) live and continue to spread misinformation about the vaccine, even though a week earlier, their family member was begging for prayers to save them from COVID19.

Unfortunately, some of them do end up in the hospital and compromise the health and wellbeing of all of us because they are over-burdening the health care system, preventing people from getting health care they need in a hospital setting because there are no beds or because there isn't enough staff---OR taking a greater than necessary risk in getting chemo or surgery or giving birth or whatever due to COVID19.

It's not just the willful and ignorant who are dying.

Sure, but those stupid, unmasked people who get COVID19 don't all die. Some of them (who may or may not be related to me by marriage) live and continue to spread misinformation about the vaccine, even though a week earlier, their family member was begging for prayers to save them from COVID19.

Unfortunately, some of them do end up in the hospital and compromise the health and wellbeing of all of us because they are over-burdening the health care system, preventing people from getting health care they need in a hospital setting because there are no beds or because there isn't enough staff---OR taking a greater than necessary risk in getting chemo or surgery or giving birth or whatever due to COVID19.

My point is many are dying based entirely on their own arrogance. They know better than that traitor Fauci.

The stupid dangerous apes are being thinned out.

And they are doing it to themselves.

That’s all very well and good. I am a firm
Believer in the Freedum to suffer and die.
But the collateral damage is what makes them true deplorables.

Has anyone seen any data on the percent of vaccinated who catch even asymptomatic covid? I don't think that data exists as there is no systematic testing of vaccinated people.

All i see is % of vaccinated who get seriously ill or die. That data is not usefully to me.

I wish to show my daughter, who is vaccinated, that so long as she has intimate relations with her unvaccinated boyfriend, that it will be dangerous for her to live at our home when my wife returns from Canada. My wife is in canada taking care of her 90+ year old mother and has not been able to get vaccinated because she does not have a canadian ID.

I will keep hammering on my daughter that she can't live at home when her mother comes home unless her very nice but moronic boyfriend gets vaccinated. The guy is very nice but his unwillingness to be vaccinated is moronic and will have serious consequences for my daughter when my wife is finally able to come home unless he gets vaccinated.

The vaccine seems to offer little protection against catching Delta. It offers a lot of protection against hospitalization if you do catch it, though. The Israeli data is in the 30% range, and you aren't infectious for as long. I wouldn't consider him getting vaxxed enough protection, even. Anyone who is unvaxxed now (other than those like your mother who couldn't get it) is almost certainly not careful about exposure.

Kinda what I was expecting. My boys and daughter and I are vaccinated. I haven't liked her seeing this boyfriend and living here. But she is trying to get on her own feet. Got her driver's license, starting to save money. Will likely start a new job in New Hampshire in 2 weeks. She is using my parent's car that I got titled over to me and registered and insured. But when my wife finally can come home, at least until my wife is fully vaccinated, daughter will need to either find a room to rent up nearer to her job or use my paren't unoccupied house that we have kept running during the pandemic as a place any of us can go if someone got covid.

Her boyfriend and his family are such morons on this. And I'm tired of having to deal with their non-vaccination.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Delta Air Lines says unvaccinated employees must pay $200 per month surcharge for health insurance. <a href="https://t.co/Lye141Oed9">pic.twitter.com/Lye141Oed9</a></p>— Sam Sweeney (@SweeneyABC) <a href="https://twitter.com/SweeneyABC/status/1430534784074256388?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]..

Qantas are making vaccination mandatory for all employees.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/coronavirus/qantas-mandates-jabs-for-frontline-staff-c-3712796

My point is many are dying based entirely on their own arrogance. They know better than that traitor Fauci.

It doesn't just affect them.

A FB friend who works at Mayo Clinic shared this with me:

Mayo Clinic

"I cannot tell you the emotional toll this has taken on us as physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and many, many others," says Dr. Gregory Poland, an infectious diseases expert and head of Mayo Clinic's Vaccine Research Group.
"One of my colleagues said, 'I walk around now and can see people with comorbidities, not wearing a mask, and I can tell you what size tracheal tube they're going to need.' We don't normally think like that, but it's illustrative of the steady 18-month drumbeat of seeing people sick and dying of something we can prevent," says Dr. Poland.
In this Mayo Clinic Q&A, Dr. Poland talks more about FDA approvals for COVID-19 vaccines, goes into detail about the COVID-19 virus replication rate, and he answers a listener question about the reliability of home COVID-19 tests. https://mayocl.in/3sYDI53

A lot of medical professionals are burning out. This doesn't just portend bad things for those who get sick and who were not vaccinated but for all of us.

Team AOC on Instagram: “This week, the FDA gave full authorization to Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. …”
This week, the FDA gave full authorization to Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. However, much of the US population is still unvaccinated, and the delta variant is continuing to surge. The reasons some are reluctant to get vaccinated are varied — but we know that getting vaccinated is the number one way we will get ourselves out of this pandemic and ensure a healthy society for decades to come.

@AOC has shared her tips for having conversations with loved ones in your life who may be hesitant to get vaccinated. Swipe to read her suggestions ➡️
Team AOC: "Account managed by the @aoc campaign. Join our movement for social, racial, economic, and environmental justice for all."
How to talk to someone who is vaccine hesitant

Find their number one reason for hesitancy.

There's a lot of misinformation out there about the COVID-19 vaccines, but there's usually one main issue a person may have heard that's giving them hesitancy. Empathize with some of those root causes. It's totally normal to be concerned, so don't mock people! Understand where they're coming from. Asking follow-up questions with genuine curiosity is key.

Share your personal experience with getting vaccinated.

If someone is getting bad information, it's likely that they might not trust traditional institutions or vetted reporting. So sending them a bunch of articles and stats in response and trying to "debate" is not going to work. Shaming someone won't persuade them. What people do respond to is personal stories from people they actually know. So share your story about getting vaccinated and ask them non-judgmentally if they have any questions about your experience.

Offer assistance to lift any logistical barriers.

A lot of people don't know or don't believe that the vaccine is actually free. Let them know it's free (from your personal story!), offer them a ride, or show them how to make an appointment.

Conversations like these are the best tool we have to get more people vaccinated and end this pandemic sooner. Thanks for doing your part by talking to your friends, colleagues, and loved ones about getting vaccinated.
Livestream: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the New Left
In it, she says something very sensible about making arguments.
So the way I have conversations with people of opposing beliefs is I don’t try to convince them of anything. So that’s the first thing. Stop trying to win people over. Stop trying to enter a conversation thinking that you’re going to “a-ha” them into changing their mind. ...

But really, so I don’t do it in a way that’s like mocking, but I ask questions to kind of dig. ...

Because often what I find, is that when I do win people over, it’s almost never in the conversation itself that I’ve won someone over, it’s that I have a conversation with someone, I ask them some critical questions, and I pretty calmly explain to them, “Well this is where I’m coming from, and this is why I believe what I believe. Why do you believe what you believe?” And you kind of leave the conversation, but very often, that person will sit on what you said. And they will sit on the fact that you respected them and gave them space. Then, very often, I’ve had interactions like that and I’ll run into that person again, a week later, a month later, et cetera and they said, “You know what? You said something that I really thought about, and I changed my mind.”

But no one ever changes their mind in the actual acute situation of a conversation. ...

If someone is trying to put you down, or belittle you, or approach a conversation as though they are more intelligent than you, because like, “Oh no. There’s no way that someone can disagree with me and still be smart.” There’s a very condescending tone that we have in a lot of our conversations, and I think it’s important to really approach those kinds of disagreements with a lot of compassion. Because when they see — people really look at not just the logic of your argument, but how you make them feel. As much as people hate to say that, and admit it, it’s true.

Has anyone seen any data on the percent of vaccinated who catch even asymptomatic covid? I don't think that data exists as there is no systematic testing of vaccinated people.

All i see is % of vaccinated who get seriously ill or die. That data is not usefully to me.

I wish to show my daughter, who is vaccinated, that so long as she has intimate relations with her unvaccinated boyfriend, that it will be dangerous for her to live at our home when my wife returns from Canada. My wife is in canada taking care of her 90+ year old mother and has not been able to get vaccinated because she does not have a canadian ID.

I will keep hammering on my daughter that she can't live at home when her mother comes home unless her very nice but moronic boyfriend gets vaccinated. The guy is very nice but his unwillingness to be vaccinated is moronic and will have serious consequences for my daughter when my wife is finally able to come home unless he gets vaccinated.

The vaccine seems to offer little protection against catching Delta. It offers a lot of protection against hospitalization if you do catch it, though. The Israeli data is in the 30% range, and you aren't infectious for as long. I wouldn't consider him getting vaxxed enough protection, even. Anyone who is unvaxxed now (other than those like your mother who couldn't get it) is almost certainly not careful about exposure.

Kinda what I was expecting. My boys and daughter and I are vaccinated. I haven't liked her seeing this boyfriend and living here. But she is trying to get on her own feet. Got her driver's license, starting to save money. Will likely start a new job in New Hampshire in 2 weeks. She is using my parent's car that I got titled over to me and registered and insured. But when my wife finally can come home, at least until my wife is fully vaccinated, daughter will need to either find a room to rent up nearer to her job or use my paren't unoccupied house that we have kept running during the pandemic as a place any of us can go if someone got covid.

Her boyfriend and his family are such morons on this. And I'm tired of having to deal with their non-vaccination.

Crazyfingers: Hey daughter’s boyfriend. I’d like to introduce you to my vaccine mandate. *cocks shotgun*

Crazyfingers: Hey daughter’s boyfriend. I’d like to introduce you to my vaccine mandate. *cocks shotgun*

It's all about freedom of choice. Shot in the arm, or shot in the face?

A lot of medical professionals are burning out. This doesn't just portend bad things for those who get sick and who were not vaccinated but for all of us.

I work as a physical therapist in a hospital. I am in Florida and half the hospital is COVID patients.

I have it easy. I only see the good COVID patients.

Nurses and doctors treating COVID patients that are dying are definitely under great stress.

A few months ago we had 4 COVID patients and everything was relaxing.

These anti-vaxxers are putting a huge strain on the system.

And when they die they leave spouses and children and friends.

Despite their stupidity and the justice of it there is nothing to celebrate.

It's all about freedom of choice. Shot in the arm, or shot in the face?

I wish it was so easy. I need to research the Israeli data or my daughter will just drama queen and launch the accusation that we are just kicking her out. Unlike my sons who at least read CNN every day, she doesn't read the news.

No it wasn’t. You wanted to exterminate the anti-vaxxers.

Or was that the Taliban?

Hard to tell them apart.

But you wanted to force the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated. Are you a Taliban?

Make their life much harder for their stupidity.

Punish absolute stupidity that harms others.

That is a good thing.

No it wasn’t. You wanted to exterminate the anti-vaxxers.

Or was that the Taliban?

Hard to tell them apart.

But you wanted to force the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated. Are you a Taliban?

People are required to use car seats for infants and toddlers. We require people to use seat belts. We make them stop at stop signs and obey traffic signals. We even make people stand in line and wait their turn.

Wow. I never realized how much we're like the Taliban until you reminded me.

Back
Top Bottom