• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

No it wasn’t. You wanted to exterminate the anti-vaxxers.

Or was that the Taliban?

Hard to tell them apart.

But you wanted to force the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated. Are you a Taliban?

People are required to use car seats for infants and toddlers. We require people to use seat belts. We make them stop at stop signs and obey traffic signals. We even make people stand in line and wait their turn.

Wow. I never realized how much we're like the Taliban until you reminded me.

There's no ideological movement against car seats for infants and toddlers. There's a lot of antivaxxers. And here's my prediction. The more we force the antivaxxers the more antivaxxers we'll get. A bit like invading Afghanistan and "destroying" the Taleban.

Or was that the Taliban?

Hard to tell them apart.

Wow. Vaccination against a life threatening contagious disease really is very much like extermination.

Even though I'm pro-vaccines I agree with that sign. The way normally sensible people are going completely overboard on enforcing vaccines scares me. The lack of resistance to force and social pressure is terrifying.

The defiance of common sense, the common good and basic science scares me.
Where were these people when they or their parents were getting vaccinated against smallpox, polio, rubella, chicken pox, measles etc. etc.?
It wasn't until Trump got a bunch of his SHEEP to repeat his lies that COVID is no big deal, that anyone objected to vaccines.
The anti-vaxers are the ones who lack resistance to propaganda - they'd be the first to try to join the SS in the 30s.

Did crazyfingers' daughter's boyfrriend already have a covid infection?

This preprint from Israel is interesting:

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity:
reinfections versus breakthrough infections

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1.full.pdf+html

Oh, found this report about the above preprint:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-no-infection-parties

If the vaccine was a strongly transmission blocking one, like the possibly upcoming nasal vaccines might be then the calculus for crazyfingers' personal risk would be greatly improved by that.. But for the current vaccines, is it really?

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/373/6553/397/tab-pdf

Pilgrimage travel to Lourdes is postponed until further notice, but I really think it's because they don't want the blessed virgin to get the covid.

I don't see that as particularly the issue.

It's [MENTION=64]crazyfingers[/MENTION]; and Mrs. crazyfingers' house and home.
If his decision is "choose between living here and boyfriend's vaccination", I see that as a pretty clear and simple choice for daughter.
Tom

If his decision is "choose between living here and boyfriend's vaccination", I see that as a pretty clear and simple choice for daughter.
Tom

The real world results of infection and/or vaccination on immunity don't matter? Don't like a dictatorship by the ignorant and inflexible. But he said he wanted to look further into the Israeli data, IIRC.

Tom

The real world results of infection and/or vaccination on immunity don't matter? Don't like a dictatorship by the ignorant and inflexible. But he said he wanted to look further into the Israeli data, IIRC.

Correct.

It's his house and his rules.

Daughter needs to abide by his rules or become independent. Her choice.

I went to 9am Mass for years after I had my own place. Because my parents rules included "If you wake up in our house on Sunday morning, you will be showered, dressed, and in the car at 8:45."

I could choose not to be there or follow their rules. I was free.
Tom

Reactions: jab

Correct.

I went to 9am Mass for years after I had my own place. Because my parents rules included "If you wake up in our house on Sunday morning, you will be showered, dressed, and in the car at 8:45."

Tom

So getting vaccinated for the previously infected is like going to church?

Correct.

Tom

So getting vaccinated for the previously infected is like going to church?

Yep.

In this particular circumstance it is exactly like that.
Tom

Well, Hurricane Ida is gaining strength and heading towards Louisiana. New Orleans is a target and mandatory evacuation is in effect. Massive rainfall is predicted. And now it gets interesting. Where does one evacuate to to avoid the Louisiana plague rats who refuse to get vaccinated or wear masks? Will this be a mass spreader event? What happens to all those hospitals with their full ICU beds? Where do they evacuate to? Will coughing plague rats be denied entry to safe evacuation sites? Stay tuned for one big disaster on top of a disaster.

Well, Hurricane Ida is gaining strength and heading towards Louisiana. New Orleans is a target and mandatory evacuation is in effect. Massive rainfall is predicted. And now it gets interesting. Where does one evacuate to to avoid the Louisiana plague rats who refuse to get vaccinated or wear masks? Will this be a mass spreader event? What happens to all those hospitals with their full ICU beds? Where do they evacuate to? Will coughing plague rats be denied entry to safe evacuation sites? Stay tuned for one big disaster on top of a disaster.

Is there an intersectional version of climate issues?

Like when a global health disaster intersects with weather disaster and they intersect with a political catastrophe?

Tom

ETA ~It's not the first time it's happened. Just the first time USA people experienced it personally.~

Or was that the Taliban?

Hard to tell them apart.

Taliban aren’t all big on vaccination.

Meanwhile I was up in Niagara Falls. Couldn’t go to Ontario because my freedom means nothing compared to anti-vaxxers.

Won’t these same people say that a mandatory evacuation order is an infringement of their freedoms? Should the governor ban evacuation mandates? The logic seems similar except that staying to risk dying in a hurricane is less of a risk to those around you than refusing to vaccinate in a pandemic.

And now we are starting to see stories of people dying, not from COVID, but from other treatable conditions, but there were no ICU beds available.

A veteran in Texas from a treatable problem, and a man in Kansas who was waiting 3 days for a bed.

So for all those people out there who talk about their freedoms to not wear a mask or not get a vaccine, or snidely say 'stay home if you are scared', I say FUCK YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom