• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

His last post was 6/26 but he never did get treatment, he died at home.

At over 260 pounds, one might be tempted to think his death was exacerbated by being overweight--but,
he was over 17 hands high.

Well, although he had made some pro-ivermectin posts, he never said he took the dewormer.

What is most interesting as one scrolls through that list is to notice how many of the deceased are overweight. Very few pictures show a person who appears to be normal BMI. I'm not saying that makes a difference but Geez Louise we as a species could do a better job with ourselves.

One third of Americans are at a healthy BMI. And the kids.....as Greg Giraldo used to say, no way are we going to reduce the size of our cars and SUVs, because we have to haul these gigantic oompa-loompas uphill.

I have been noticing cases of quick timespans from tests to deaths in the antivaxxers. I'm wondering whether it's because they wait longer to get tested or get treatment, from being in denial about their condition. Here's one such case.

That has been my thought--it's just the flu, they don't go to the doctor and get diagnosed until it's already bad.

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/hermancainaward

What is most interesting as one scrolls through that list is to notice how many of the deceased are overweight. Very few pictures show a person who appears to be normal BMI. I'm not saying that makes a difference but Geez Louise we as a species could do a better job with ourselves.
Yes, and that's why they needed the vaccine even moreso. And when they catch it, they should be requesting the proven monoclonal treatment, instead of all the unproven parasite drugs they prefer, unfathomably so but for political tribal identities..

If anybody unvaccinated in US gets it, request the monoclonals as early as you can. It's available to people with certain risk factors, which include a BMI over 25 which covers most Americans. I sure wish it was available when I caught it with my 25++ BMI. Not all doctors know about it though, you have to be proactive in getting it.

New variant of concern, more infectious, more evasive of vaccines and antibodies from previous variants.

C.1.2

I haven’t found supporting info, other than it exists, and people are surprised it exists due to its lineage of what was thought to be defunct strain. Much more study needed.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...Africa-assigned-to-the-PANGO-lineage-C12.aspx

Not peer reviewed, but there's a preprint study:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.20.21262342v1.full

Basically it talks about people going nuts trying to buy Ivermectin. Now the poor animals who need this for parasites might not have access due to stupid humans. Plus, the dosage sold in feed stores in for an animal that weighs about 1000 lbs, No wonder people are getting sick from this drug. Idiocracy is here.
They should use whatever dose is suitable for a foal, not a full-grown horse.

Normal Weights of Horse Foals at Birth | Animals.mom.com - a newborn foal typically weighs about 10% of its mother's weight. Which puts foals' weights in the adult-human range.

Basically it talks about people going nuts trying to buy Ivermectin. Now the poor animals who need this for parasites might not have access due to stupid humans. Plus, the dosage sold in feed stores in for an animal that weighs about 1000 lbs, No wonder people are getting sick from this drug. Idiocracy is here.

Normal Weights of Horse Foals at Birth | Animals.mom.com - a newborn foal typically weighs about 10% of its mother's weight. Which puts foals' weights in the adult-human range.
They shouldn't, because it's the wrong medicine for the disease.

IF they had a parasitic condition for which Ivermectin was appropriate, then they should use a preparation of that medication formulated and manufactured for humans, and at the dose prescribed by a qualified medical professional.

In the absence of a zombie apocalypse or similar collapse of civilisation, there are no situations where it is appropriate for humans to take veterinary medicines. Even in a zombie apocalypse, you should raid a pharmacy as your first option, before looting a veterinarian's office.

IF they had a parasitic condition for which Ivermectin was appropriate, then they should use a preparation of that medication formulated and manufactured for humans, and at the dose prescribed by a qualified medical professional.

In the absence of a zombie apocalypse or similar collapse of civilisation, there are no situations where it is appropriate for humans to take veterinary medicines. Even in a zombie apocalypse, you should raid a pharmacy as your first option, before looting a veterinarian's office.

Not to mention things like de-wormer should absolutely not be being used off-label. We are at war with the worms, and the only thing that keeps us winning is effective and properly targeted use of our weapons. Mass exposure of a biological agent against unintended targets will breed resistance.

I totally agree, but the fact is that most of these people aren't even taking a dose that is appropriate for their size. They are taking a dose that is appropriate for an adult horse. So, while it does nothing for COVID, it also is dangerous due to the dosage that these poorly informed people are taking.

I totally agree, but the fact is that most of these people aren't even taking a dose that is appropriate for their size. They are taking a dose that is appropriate for an adult horse. So, while it does nothing for COVID, it also is dangerous due to the dosage that these poorly informed people are taking.
The EMS guy who sent out the message about this for those interested said they needed to know the weight of the person to get the right dosage. And I'm thinking, if you need to know an adult's weight for dosage... that container of drugs ain't for humans.

Is that really what they should do?
I don't even know if that is accurate. A safe dosage for a different animal based on weight doesn't have to scale for humans. For instance, a study at John Hopkins determined that a foal could safely snort three times as much cocaine as a human of similar weight. Okay, I might have made that up. Everyone else is making stuff up, why not me?

Is that really what they should do?
Too bad this isn't that Star Trek episode where they decided to keep their war, and their casualties, without property damage.
We could recalibrate the computers.
Rather than wait for a bomb simulation to report to a killbooth, we could just assess the likelihood that someone's going to self-destruct by not protecting themselves from Covid, or use kidney-destroying means to 'protect' themselves, and send them to a killbooth.
As they enter, a screen would show how many people they'd have infected if they'd been allowed to roam free after exposure, and how many would die waiting for the ICU bed they'd have taken, and how many nurses would get their real estate license after watching them die...

Florida police departments strained after 29 deaths, and even more infected.

The report goes to point out that about 50 Polk County Sheriff's office staffers have reportedly tested positive for COVID -- with five in hospitals and one on a ventilator.

Seems like more incentive to not call the police in case of an emergency.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/RITOfi9hGs0[/YOUTUBE]

The stupid is strong in this bunch.

Judge revokes mother's custody of son until she is vaccinated

A judge in Illinois has revoked a mother’s custody of her son due to her status of being unvaccinated, The Washington Post reported.

During a virtual court hearing earlier this month, Cook County Judge James Shapiro asked Rebecca Firlit if she had received a COVID-19 vaccination.

Firlit said she had not due to having adverse reactions to vaccines in the past. Shapiro then ruled that Firlit could not see her 11-year-old son until she received the inoculation, according to the Post.

Shapiro awarded custody of Firlit’s son to her ex-husband, who is fully vaccinated, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

In an interview with the Chicago newspaper, Firlit said she felt the judge was annoyed with the duration of the hearing and attorneys on both sides were planning to ask for a continuance.

“One of the first things he asked me when I got on the Zoom call was whether or not I was vaccinated, which threw me off because I asked him what it had to do with the hearing,” she said.

Back
Top Bottom