• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

You libs can have your plain old gasping for air. Unlike you pansies, I'm gasping for air AND shitting my pants!

So the economy gained 250k jobs, not 750k jobs. This is directly related to anti-vaxxers and the continued spread of Covid-19. I hope they are enjoying their "freedom" while holding the economy back.

You libs can have your plain old gasping for air. Unlike you pansies, I'm gasping for air AND shitting my pants!

That sounds like your own problem. See you should be wearing a diaper, like trump. It's wearing diapers that ACTUALLY works to save you from the hoax disease.

Trump got it and he survived just fine, barely any symptoms at all. Trump wears diapers. Coincidence? I think not.*

*This is most certainly not an attempt to create the basis for a hilarious piece of illustrated political comedy.

Police on-scene at Vail elementary school after group threatens to zip-tie principal over COVID-19 protocols

TUCSON (KVOA) - A conflict over the COVID-19 quarantine policy at a Vail Unified School District elementary school has been resolved shortly after protesters threatened to make a citizen's arrest on the principal Thursday morning.

According to VUSD officials, a student at Mesquite Elementary School was asked to quarantine after he reportedly was in close contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.

VUSD said this decision was made per state policy, citing that when a school in Arizona experiences a positive case of COVID-19, it is required to report the case to its county health department - in Vail's case, Pima County Health Department. Then, the county decides which individuals need to quarantine in order to prevent a potential outbreak in the community.

However, after hearing the quarantine request, three individuals and the child involved drove over to the school in order to protest the decision. The three individuals were later identified as one of the child's parents, another community member and a local business owner, who live-streamed the confrontation over his business' Instagram account.

Over the Instagram live, the business owner reportedly shared his discontent over the situation and threatened to use zip ties to arrest the principal of Mesquite Elementary School. The zip ties could also be seen in the video.

Police on-scene at Vail elementary school after group threatens to zip-tie principal over COVID-19 protocols

TUCSON (KVOA) - A conflict over the COVID-19 quarantine policy at a Vail Unified School District elementary school has been resolved shortly after protesters threatened to make a citizen's arrest on the principal Thursday morning.

According to VUSD officials, a student at Mesquite Elementary School was asked to quarantine after he reportedly was in close contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.

VUSD said this decision was made per state policy, citing that when a school in Arizona experiences a positive case of COVID-19, it is required to report the case to its county health department - in Vail's case, Pima County Health Department. Then, the county decides which individuals need to quarantine in order to prevent a potential outbreak in the community.

However, after hearing the quarantine request, three individuals and the child involved drove over to the school in order to protest the decision. The three individuals were later identified as one of the child's parents, another community member and a local business owner, who live-streamed the confrontation over his business' Instagram account.

Over the Instagram live, the business owner reportedly shared his discontent over the situation and threatened to use zip ties to arrest the principal of Mesquite Elementary School. The zip ties could also be seen in the video.
I mean, it was cute (not really) for a while, but these anti-vaxxers are playing with fire. They are going to fuck with the wrong vax person (people) soon.

So the economy gained 250k jobs, not 750k jobs. This is directly related to anti-vaxxers and the continued spread of Covid-19. I hope they are enjoying their "freedom" while holding the economy back.

Wut? Plenty of employers are begging for workers but how to compete with the free taxpayer money from the government?

This is an amusing example of how I'd like to see C19 vaccination papers handled.
Private concerns decide on their own policy.

Of course, then it's necessary for the government to back up their property rights. If someone demands lunch at a discount, without an acceptable paper or something, the police need to respond the same way they would any other attempted robbery.
Tom

Wut? Plenty of employers are begging for workers but how to compete with the free taxpayer money from the government?

Ending expanded UI benefits really doesn’t seem to have improved job growth

Well, now all those freeloaders have had a taste of free money and not having to work for a pittance for people who are entitled to their labor! :mad:

Charleston, the largest city in SC, will make its employees get the COVID-19 vaccine

"Put simply, widespread vaccination is the only way we can end this pandemic for good, and we're proud to stand by other local governments who share that same goal," Tecklenburg said in a statement.

Tecklenburg shared the news with city employees in an email sent just before 1:30 p.m. In his message, the mayor called the last year and a half "a trying and difficult time."

"Covid-19 has affected all of us — from wearing face coverings, to social distancing and, most tragically, to grieving the loss of loved ones, coworkers, friends," Tecklenburg wrote. "The good news is that each of us can do our part to stop the spread and get our lives back to normal. And the way we do this — the way we protect ourselves, protect our kids, protect our family and friends and coworkers — is to get vaccinated."

Encouraging news. Better late than never I suppose.

Ending expanded UI benefits really doesn’t seem to have improved job growth

I don’t know how Kevin Drum in the article (comment) linked comes to knock down unfilled jobs from 10 million to 5-6 million but I’ll bet some portion of those who quit/lost their jobs during the pandemic are not coming back regardless of the virus subsiding.
They were earners bringing extra income into the household who during the pandemic got to reassess the value of forgoing that income to raise children, make a home, or whatever else floats their boat.

I saw that also: Oklahoma hospitals deluged by ivermectin overdoses, doctor says | Coronavirus | The Guardian
An Oklahoma doctor has said overdoses of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, which many believe without evidence can prevent or cure Covid-19, are helping cause delays and problems for rural hospitals and ambulance services struggling to cope with the resurgent pandemic.

“There’s a reason you have to have a doctor to get a prescription for this stuff, because it can be dangerous,” Dr Jason McElyea told KFOR, an Oklahoma TV station.

“The [emergency rooms] are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated.

“Ambulances are stuck at the hospital waiting for a bed to open so they can take the patient in and they don’t have any, that’s it. If there’s no ambulance to take the call, there’s no ambulance to come to the call.”

McElyea told the Tulsa World a colleague was forced to send one severely ill Covid patient to a hospital in South Dakota, three states away to the north.

“They had sat in a small hospital needing to be in an [intensive care unit] for several days, and that was the closest ICU that was available,” he said.
Noting Watch Now: 'This is not just COVID': Domino effect backs up Oklahoma hospitals, with no relief in sight | State and Regional News | tulsaworld.com
Oklahoma hospitals and physicians are sounding alarms that haven’t changed Gov. Kevin Stitt’s view that the government won’t solve COVID-19 and that “personal responsibility” is the way to go.

Hospitals are trying to reserve beds for the “sickest of the sick” but are at capacity, with no apparent relief in sight as exhausted caregivers say the burden is untenable, according to Oklahoma Hospital Association President Patti Davis.

The virus's origin is not really a question best suited for intelligence agencies to answer, it's mostly a scientific question, barring any smoking gun evidence of shenanigans. And a paper came out a couple of weeks ago that yet again explains that the virus most likely had a natural zoonotic origin.

The Origins of SARS-CoV-2: A Critical Review

So there was no known virus that could have served as the backbone for this one. The closest one they had was only as sequences not live virus, and it was too genetically different anyway.
Then why Chinese refuse to cooperate with investigation?

They are basically being asked to prove a negative. They know they can't, thus there's nothing to be gained from allowing an investigation. The only possible change is negative if someone fabricates evidence.

Any covid-related treatment of a vaccine-eligible unvaccinated adult should be considered elective and deprioritized by hospitals.

You don't understand "elective" in doctor-speak. It's simply something that isn't so urgent that scheduling isn't possible.

I do agree that if you're in hospital from covidiot behavior you should be lower priority than the other patients, but that is a form of triage.

Back
Top Bottom