• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Yes. It shouldn't be mandated. Asking nicely is the way to go

There's a big gray area between the current plan(which is dismal failure) and government mandates for individuals.

I'm good with the government requiring things like companies with more than 20 employees enforcing vaccine mandates. I like the airline that is charging unvaccinated employees $200/month to cover the additional costs of unvaccinated employees. I would like to see events like concerts require either a C19 cert or a test C19 test at the door(costing $15). That sort of thing.

It's very unfortunate that unvaccinated people are making these kinds of drastic measures necessary, but it's a predictable outcome of the choice that they are freely making.
Tom

ETA ~Also health care and food service people. The risk of someone getting infected and asymptomaticly spreading the infection is huge in those fields.~

Yes. It shouldn't be mandated. Asking nicely is the way to go
Dr. Z might want to check his irony meter.

Yeah... for someone who keeps flogging liberal values, this resistance to doing the right thing seems odd.
Black people didn't get the vote by asking nicely.
Nor did women.
Asking nicely didn't bring an end to child labor. Slavery.
Asking plague rats nicely to either stop spreading plague, or at LEAST stay out of precious ICU beds, and schools, is killing us.

My Administrative Assistant went to the eye doctor this morning. The highlight of the visit was an old man losing his mind in the waiting area because he didn't want to put on a mask. The physician had to come out and try to placate him. He ended up being asked to leave the property and they put a note in his chart that said he is banned from the practice. She said they were quite patient and friendly with him. Think he is vaccinated?

Yeah... for someone who keeps flogging liberal values, this resistance to doing the right thing seems odd.
Black people didn't get the vote by asking nicely.
Nor did women.
Asking nicely didn't bring an end to child labor. Slavery.
Asking plague rats nicely to either stop spreading plague, or at LEAST stay out of precious ICU beds, and schools, is killing us.

My Administrative Assistant went to the eye doctor this morning. The highlight of the visit was an old man losing his mind in the waiting area because he didn't want to put on a mask. The physician had to come out and try to placate him. He ended up being asked to leave the property and they put a note in his chart that said he is banned from the practice. She said they were quite patient and friendly with him. Think he is vaccinated?
Looks like staff was pretty patient with that patient, but patient was not at all patient.

She said they were quite patient and friendly with him. Think he is vaccinated?
Could be. Maybe it was to keep his job, or he cannot visit his grandson unless jabbed, or his wife put her foot down. And now he feels, 'I am vaccinated, how dare they treat me like an unvaccinated fool!'

Maybe.

Or, maybe not.

Laura Loomer, Who Once Said ‘Bad Fajitas’ Were Worse Than COVID, Says She’s Tested Positive
Last year, Loomer expressed a wish that she could catch COVID to show everyone that it was no big deal. She wrote on Parler in December 2020: “I hope I get COVID just so I can prove to people I’ve had bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life threatening than a hyped up virus. Have you ever eaten bad fajitas? That will kill you faster than COVID.”

However, in follow-up messages on her Telegram channel late Thursday, she made it clear that she was suffering severe symptoms. “Just pray for me please,” she wrote. “Can’t even begin to explain how brutal the body aches and nausea that come with COVID are. I am in so much pain.”
LauraLoomer on GETTR
Yesterday I was feeling ill. I had a fever, chills, a runny nose, sore throat, nausea and severe body aches that made my whole body feel like I got hit by a bus, and after sleeping for a few hours, my symptoms started to remind me of how I felt when I had a bad case of the flu a few years ago.

So I took a COVID test and it came back POSITIVE.

I have not taken the COVID-19 vaccine, and I don’t plan on ever taking it because it is unsafe and ineffective.

Today, I immediately started a treatment of Azithromyacin and Hydroxychloroquine. I’m also taking the OrthoMune dietary supplement.

Luckily, I live in Florida where Governor DeSantis has opened statewide Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatment centers. This morning I received the Regeneron treatment for COVID.

Laura Loomer is a right-winger who strongly hates Muslims. She ran for Congress last year.

Could be. Maybe it was to keep his job, or he cannot visit his grandson unless jabbed, or his wife put her foot down. And now he feels, 'I am vaccinated, how dare they treat me like an unvaccinated fool!'

Maybe.

Or, maybe not.
Good point. But clearly asking nicely doesn't fly with folks like that. Funny thing about his "wife put her foot down". The doctor was brought out to intervene after he said to the receptionist "I'm not going to listen to you, you're not my woman".

Laura Loomer, Who Once Said ‘Bad Fajitas’ Were Worse Than COVID, Says She’s Tested Positive
Last year, Loomer expressed a wish that she could catch COVID to show everyone that it was no big deal. She wrote on Parler in December 2020: “I hope I get COVID just so I can prove to people I’ve had bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life threatening than a hyped up virus. Have you ever eaten bad fajitas? That will kill you faster than COVID.”

However, in follow-up messages on her Telegram channel late Thursday, she made it clear that she was suffering severe symptoms. “Just pray for me please,” she wrote. “Can’t even begin to explain how brutal the body aches and nausea that come with COVID are. I am in so much pain.”
LauraLoomer on GETTR
Yesterday I was feeling ill. I had a fever, chills, a runny nose, sore throat, nausea and severe body aches that made my whole body feel like I got hit by a bus, and after sleeping for a few hours, my symptoms started to remind me of how I felt when I had a bad case of the flu a few years ago.

So I took a COVID test and it came back POSITIVE.

I have not taken the COVID-19 vaccine, and I don’t plan on ever taking it because it is unsafe and ineffective.

Today, I immediately started a treatment of Azithromyacin and Hydroxychloroquine. I’m also taking the OrthoMune dietary supplement.

Luckily, I live in Florida where Governor DeSantis has opened statewide Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatment centers. This morning I received the Regeneron treatment for COVID.

Laura Loomer is a right-winger who strongly hates Muslims. She ran for Congress last year.
If she doesn't trust the vaccine then she shouldn't trust the Regeneron therapy either. She should have stuck to her guns and just used the OrthoMune as it is surely more effective than the experimental antibody treatment.

Maybe.

Or, maybe not.

It is terribly unfortunate that covidiots are putting people like that eye doctor and staff into such predicaments. But that's what's happening. It's demonstrably a result of unvaccinated people choosing to stay that way.

The old guy could(possibly) be vaccinated. Nevertheless, the clinic has a rule about masking and they have every right to do so.
Tom

Maybe.

Or, maybe not.

I have no idea what’old man’ means in terms of age. It could be that he has some small bit of dementia that made him more combative/less reasonable. Or a UTI or pneumonia or was dehydrated. All can make an older individual altered. Or he could be an asshole. But in my area, almost all older adults in my area are fully vaccinated.

Maybe.

Or, maybe not.

I have no idea what’old man’ means in terms of age. It could be that he has some small bit of dementia that made him more combative/less reasonable. Or a UTI or pneumonia or was dehydrated. All can make an older individual altered. Or he could be an asshole. But in my area, almost all older adults in my area are fully vaccinated.

My Admin Assistant is about 60 so older than her. You may be right about his faculties based on her full description of his antics and complaints on top of the mask.

The vaccination rate among seniors is decent around here but not great. I have an employee that lives at a fish camp over in Osceola County. He is 68 and has had Covid twice. He got pneumonia the second time but at least it didn't kill him. He says he still doesn't want to get vaccinated because the vaccine will counteract his natural immunity. On the flip side, the salesman for the fence company we hired is 79 years old and a fervent DeSantis/Trump supporter but he got vaccinated in February.

My Admin Assistant is about 60 so older than her. You may be right about his faculties based on her full description of his antics and complaints on top of the mask.

The vaccination rate among seniors is decent around here but not great. I have an employee that lives at a fish camp over in Osceola County. He is 68 and has had Covid twice. He got pneumonia the second time but at least it didn't kill him. He says he still doesn't want to get vaccinated because the vaccine will counteract his natural immunity. On the flip side, the salesman for the fence company we hired is 79 years old and a fervent DeSantis/Trump supporter but he got vaccinated in February.

Maybe he was under the influence of a substance or mental illness? In any case, his behavior was unacceptable.

You’re in FL? I have some relatives by marriage( not my marriage) who are all COVID-19 survivors and rabid anti vaxxers and anti maskers. But totally willing to go on Facebook and beg for prayers… I can’t even…

Yes.

You see helping some blind old man cross the road safely as being a dictator.

You see yourself as forcing the blind man to accept your help because he's too stupid to accept help. Maybe he wants someone else's help. Maybe the street has audible crosswalks so he can hear which direction is safe. Maybe he doesn't want to cross the street but you think he does so you are dragging him along thinking you are helping.

The only reason you don't see the dictatorship in your proposals is because you like your proposals.

I would ask the blind person if they needed help if it looked like they might.

Yes.

You see helping some blind old man cross the road safely as being a dictator.

You see yourself as forcing the blind man to accept your help because he's too stupid to accept help. Maybe he wants someone else's help. Maybe the street has audible crosswalks so he can hear which direction is safe. Maybe he doesn't want to cross the street but you think he does so you are dragging him along thinking you are helping.

The only reason you don't see the dictatorship in your proposals is because you like your proposals.

I would ask the blind person if they needed help if it looked like they might.

Here's another huge difference between blind folks and covidiots. Blind people aren't a big threat to the rest of us. To me, that's the crucial difference.

Without my glasses I'm pretty near blind. 20/200, last anybody said. Probably worse as I'm now 40 years older and my prescriptions have gotten stronger for 20 years.

If I just decided I wanted to be free from artificial aids, like prescription lenses, and drive downtown I'd be a huge risk to society! If my lack of vision caused a problem, of course I'd be responsible and liable. Covidiots seem to think that being free to do whatever you want, regardless of the damage done, is some kind of birthright or something. It's not.
Tom

Far right Republican Laura Loomer has a bad case of COVID and says she is “in so much pain.” This post from December is a reminder that you should be careful what you wish for…

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Far right Republican Laura Loomer has a bad case of COVID and says she is “in so much pain.” This post from December is a reminder that you should be careful what you wish for… <a href="https://t.co/I1gsIqtF3h">pic.twitter.com/I1gsIqtF3h</a></p>— MeidasTouch.com (@MeidasTouch) <a href="https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1438673812241846274?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Well, she may be into something. Isn’t it true that most covid deaths are due to the fact that all the ICU beds are taken up by food poisoning patients? So many nurses have quit because they are burnt out having to treat so many food poisoning cases.

Well, she may be into something. Isn’t it true that most covid deaths are due to the fact that all the ICU beds are taken up by food poisoning patients? So many nurses have quit because they are burnt out having to treat so many food poisoning cases.

At least the food poisoning cases don't accuse the nurses of 'covering' for Taco Bell...

Back
Top Bottom