• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

More ivermectin effects. I found that it attacks invertebrates other than arthropods and nematodes: annelids and mollusks.

Research on the degradation of ivermectin and its acute toxicity to seven aquatic organisms.
The results showed no obviously toxicity to Photobacterium phosphoreum and the 96 h EC-50 to Chlorella vulgaris was 19.80 mg/L, it did not exhibit high toxicity. But the toxicity of IVM to Brachydanio rerio, Gambusia affinis, Carassius auratus, Macrobrachium rosenbergii and Daphnia magna were relatively higher, and date was 40.48 ug/L (96 h LC-50), 34.81 ug/L (96 h LC-50), 13.79 ug/L (96 h LC-50), 7.87 ug/L (96 h LC-50) and 4.81 ng/L (24 h LC-50) respectively. IVM would influence the aqua-biology obviously when the drug residue appeared in water environment, so it is necessary to learn more on ivermectin.
Photobacterium phosphoreum = a bioluminescent bacterium, Chlorella vulgaris = one-celled green alga, Brachydanio rerio = zebrafish, Gambusia affinis = mosquitofish, Carassius auratus = goldfish, Macrobrachium rosenbergii = giant river prawn, Daphnia magna = water flea (a crustacean)

Effects of the Veterinary Pharmaceutical Ivermectin on Soil Invertebrates in Laboratory Tests | SpringerLink
In detail, three soil invertebrate species—the earthworm Eisenia fetida, the springtail Folsomia candida, and the predatory mite Hypoaspis aculeifer—were tested. The nominal concentrations of ivermectin mixed into the test substrate artificial soil was verified using residue analysis, which indicated that the test substance is persistent for at least up to 28 days. As expected when considering the mode of action of this substance, survival and reproduction of collembolans were clearly affected [LC50 = 8.4 mg/kg soil dry weight (dw); NOECrepro = 0.3 mg/kg soil (dw)]. Predatory mites reacted less sensitively [LC50 ≥ 31.6 mg/kg soil (dw); NOECrepro = 3.2 mg/kg soil (dw)]. Earthworm survival and reproduction were affected in the same order of magnitude as the predatory mites [LC50 ≥ 10 mg/kg soil (dw); NOECrepro = 2.5 mg/kg soil (dw)].
Collembolan = springtail, a kind of wingless insect

On the effects of ivermectin on freshwater snails of medical and veterinary importance. - Abstract - Europe PMC
Ivermectin efficacy against Biomphalaria, intermediate host snail vectors of Schistosomiasis | The Journal of Antibiotics - "Ivermectin can be considered a promising molluscicide, especially as it is more potent against infected snails than uninfected ones, although it has no impact on egg-masses"

Acute toxicity of ivermectin to the lugworm Arenicola marina - ScienceDirect - a marine polychaete annelid - "(10-day LC50 0.023 mg/kg dry weight of sediment, confidence limits 0.018 and 0.027 mg/kg)"

Environmental risk from dissolved ivermectin to marine organisms - ScienceDirect - "The 96 h LC50 of ivermectin to N. integer was 70 ng l−1, with 95% confidence limits of 44 ng l−1 and 96 ng l−1."

FDA advisory group rejects Covid boosters for most, limits to high-risk groups - NBC News

FDA recommended boosters for the old and high risk people only. Like the UK, who are recommending only one dose of mrna vax for children, they also cited risk of myocarditis in the younger.

“I have a serious concern about myocarditis and young people,” Dr. James Hildreth, CEO of Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tennessee, and a member of the advisory committee. “The booster shots induce a very strong response that is going to amplify the risk for myocarditis in those individuals.”

The CDC meets next week to discuss and give their booster advice. Today, the released a study showing waning effectiveness of Pfizer, but not Moderna. So should be interesting what they say about it.

Pfizer Vaccine Protection Wanes, C.D.C. Study Shows - The New York Times

The photo in this article looks identical to the one I have.

In another article I read, it had said that N95 masks have respirators but I do not see one on mine unless the whole thing is considered a respirator. That article also said that normal dust masks only have one strap and so it doesn't keep to the face very well. My N95 has two straps like in the photo that you put behind your head, very tightly, and if you bend the metal nose bar you can mitigate air leaks very well between these two features. This doesn't happen very well with normal cloth masks.

It does not contradict to what I just said.

All N95 masks are dust masks but all dust masks are not N95s, okay?

I believe hardware store N95 dust masks have outflow valves which make them unsuitable for use against spread of Covid.

You could tape over the exhale valve on the inside as per this article:
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2021-107/default.html Beyond that, it’s important that it is form fitting and has a NIOSH approval stamped on it.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...l-masks-face-masks-and-barrier-face-coverings

Just ban valve variant, at least for the time being.

In Massachusetts at least they are banned for use against Covid. Of course I still see valve masks in the grocery store sometimes. Other kinds of masks with outflow valves can still be ordered online by unethical sellers.

My Administrative Assistant went to the eye doctor this morning. The highlight of the visit was an old man losing his mind in the waiting area because he didn't want to put on a mask. The physician had to come out and try to placate him. He ended up being asked to leave the property and they put a note in his chart that said he is banned from the practice. She said they were quite patient and friendly with him. Think he is vaccinated?

We've been doing far too much coddling of anti-maskers.

Want to fix the virus? Other than in a medical area it's legitimate self-defense to pepper-spray any adult mouth or nose (obviously, excluding people ripping off masks.)

My Administrative Assistant went to the eye doctor this morning. The highlight of the visit was an old man losing his mind in the waiting area because he didn't want to put on a mask. The physician had to come out and try to placate him. He ended up being asked to leave the property and they put a note in his chart that said he is banned from the practice. She said they were quite patient and friendly with him. Think he is vaccinated?

Want to fix the virus? Other than in a medical area it's legitimate self-defense to pepper-spray any adult mouth or nose (obviously, excluding people ripping off masks.)

Have you done that yet, Loren?

If it happens that you do this to someone, can you share it here?

I am curious to see what would happen if what you are advocating actually caught on.

My parents have not gotten the vaccine. And they don't wear masks when they're out and about, except where they can't enter the premises without one. They are both Republicans, Trump supporters, and believe, really believe, that the whole Covid thing is a left-wing conspiracy, an attempt to control the masses. They watch Fox news and do the whole right-wing Twitter thing. Their neighbors are pretty much the same way.

They are both close to eighty. Should I pepper spray both of them when I take them out shopping?

I am curious to see what would happen if what you are advocating actually caught on.

My parents have not gotten the vaccine. And they don't wear masks when they're out and about, except where they can't enter the premises without one. They are both Republicans, Trump supporters, and believe, really believe, that the whole Covid thing is a left-wing conspiracy, an attempt to control the masses. They watch Fox news and do the whole right-wing Twitter thing. Their neighbors are pretty much the same way.

They are both close to eighty. Should I pepper spray both of them when I take them out shopping?

You could say u are not taking them shopping if they don't mask up. I presume the car ride has become an issue?

You could say u are not taking them shopping if they don't mask up. I presume the car ride has become an issue?

Yes. Dad cannot drive anymore because he can hardly see. He is a danger on the road. Mom hasn't driven in years. Also, they live on a fixed income, and have very modest means. They can't afford taxi rides or delivery service.

Yes. Dad cannot drive anymore because he can hardly see. He is a danger on the road. Mom hasn't driven in years. Also, they live on a fixed income, and have very modest means. They can't afford taxi rides or delivery service.

And they won't mask in the car with you?

Back
Top Bottom