• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

I don't understand
There's your problem right there.
If you've ever asked someone, 'Are you okay to drive?' it should be clear.
Or if anyone's ever asked you.
Or if a character on TV asked it and you grokked why. Esp. If you knew that the answer was 'No.'

I mean, sure, sober people have accidents, too, as do people who are not grieving, nor suffering from a recent shock,nor under the effects from pain killers. Cars can be dangerous, streets can be slippery, that yellow light was way too short.... Shit happens
But there are people whose condition creates an EXTRA hazard. So if i have my sest belt on, and the brakes are within inspection limits, and i'm doing something like the speed limit,bes etc., i have done my best to reach my destination without harming myself or others.
But i stistll care about the ability of other drivers and the extra hazard they might pose. Esp. if the hazard is an obvious one with o good godamned reason to tolerate.

Today I was chatting with a young woman, mother of two young kids who is also an Army reservist. She's incredibly hard working and a wonderful parent. And she's recovering from COVID--she still has a lingering cough and gets tired but she's doing better. We were talking today and she shared she was watching a podcast (not identified) where the speaker was talking about how some who are vaccine resistant are simply resisting because they don't like being told what to do. And she began to question whether that was why she had resisted getting vaccinated and finally decided that it was dumb not to be vaccinated so she will, as soon as she is able (I believe you have to wait 3 months or so after infection). Her significant other is also not vaccinated and intends to NOT vaccinate, despite watching my friend be so debilitated but he is wrestling with that because he cannot re-enlist in the reserves if he is not vaccinated. He wants to re-enlist and thinks he has friends who will help him get around it but.....He also had COVID but not as sick as she was. I am certain that part of him believes that the fact that he did not get as sick is because he's so strong and macho.

So, some people ARE capable of re-considering the wisdom of their resistance.....and others are not.

The virus is already everywhere. That is what the signs are telling us. It doesn't seem as bad as Delta's impact health wise, but with a doubling rate of 2.5ish, it might be able to overcome that in mere volume, the Walmart of coronaviruses.
On the positive side, a sharper spike will probably mean a shorter spike. A hot fire burns its fuel faster.
In South Africa the spike seems to be on the downslope already, with the usual caveat about their numbers etc.

Also, just because you have a booster, doesn't provide immunity. This bug is different, be safe.
Not 100% for sure, but it is certainly better to be boosted than not. And yes, I am trying to be as safe as feasible. Still wearing my N95 to stores, limit eating out etc.

He wants to re-enlist and thinks he has friends who will help him get around it but.....
Right, right, because he also has a natural resistance to being prosecuted for falsifying official government documentation.

Omicron is 73% of new cases in the US.

The CDC algorithm got that wrong, and then so did the press (but it is growing fast)

Ohio cases jumped 25% in a day. Canada 7-day average has tripled. South Korea has spiked. France has spiked.

The US... the only reason why Omicron isn't "73%" is because there is so much Delta in the country. That is changing every day.

The family of a Dallas' QAnon cult member is sounding the alarm.

Multiple members of the Leek family confirmed that their relative, who left her husband and children behind in Delaware to follow a fringe QAnon cult leader to Dallas last month, has been drinking a chemical cocktail containing chlorine dioxide, an industrial disinfectant, among other substances.

Their relative has been drinking this cocktail alongside her fellow cult members and has been the one to mix it up and distribute it amongst the group as well, says family, who have declined to reveal the name of their relative in the group.

"She was proud to tell us that she was the one mixing it up and giving it to everybody," a family member said.
:picardfacepalm:

In the news today, covid-19 may reduce sperm count...

I bet that will increase the vaccination rate.

Invermectin has a high probability of rendering you sterile. That hasn't made a difference.

(In both cases the effect is temporary.)
You're not helping, Loren...
I'm pointing out that the threat to fertility has already been dismissed by the Covidiot crowd, another incarnation of it won't change that.

The family of a Dallas' QAnon cult member is sounding the alarm.

Multiple members of the Leek family confirmed that their relative, who left her husband and children behind in Delaware to follow a fringe QAnon cult leader to Dallas last month, has been drinking a chemical cocktail containing chlorine dioxide, an industrial disinfectant, among other substances.

Their relative has been drinking this cocktail alongside her fellow cult members and has been the one to mix it up and distribute it amongst the group as well, says family, who have declined to reveal the name of their relative in the group.

"She was proud to tell us that she was the one mixing it up and giving it to everybody," a family member said.
:picardfacepalm:
There's a good chance you're drinking it also. There's some of it in my emergency supplies in my backpack.

The important thing is the concentration.

No wonder people are hesitant to get vaccinated;

Britain is considering giving out fourth Covid vaccines in a bid to stop the surge of Omicron cases, following the lead of Germany and Israel. The rollout of a second set of boosters is being examined by experts on the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).

DailyMail

Britain is considering giving out fourth Covid vaccines in a bid to stop the surge of Omicron cases, following the lead of Germany and Israel. The rollout of a second set of boosters is being examined by experts on the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).

DailyMail

TSwizzle, I take one aspirin a year and never get a headache.

The virus is mutating as predicted. The results as predicted. And you are playing the fool.

DailyMail

Gibberish

The virus is mutating as predicted. The results as predicted. And you are playing the fool.

I’m being played for a fool more like. We all are probably.

DailyMail

Why would the fact that four vaccinations are needed to protect against the disease make people more hesitant to protect themselves than if one was sufficient?

The illogic of this eludes me.

He says "No wonder...", as though there was some simple and obvious logical link between the non-sequitur conclusion "...people are hesitant to get vaccinated", and the news "Britain is considering giving out fourth Covid vaccines in a bid to stop the surge of Omicron cases..."

There's exactly nothing here that leads from the news being presented to the conclusion being espoused. Nothing.

DailyMail

Gibberish

Do you know that the polio vaccine is five shots. Rabies treatment is ten. You're whining like a baby.

I wonder what's the solution to prevent over 1,000 Americans every day from dying of COVID-19?

DailyMail

Gibberish

I honestly do think you are being played for a fool. We just differ on who is playing the tune that you are dancing to. I hope that you beat the odds and don't become ill. I'd be thrilled if no one else became ill with COVID (or anything worse).

More and more people I know are becoming ill, and none of them vaccinated. Includes very healthy young adults 30 or younger.

Back
Top Bottom