• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

ROCHESTER, Minn. (WCCO) — Mayo Clinic now confirms it fired 700 employees Tuesday who did not comply with its policy to get vaccinated against COVID-19 by Monday.

The dismissed employees make up about 1% of Mayo’s 73,000 workforce. Officials say while it’s sad to lose valuable employees, it’s essential to keep patients, the workforce, visitors and communities safe.

Wow, 700 sounds like a lot but the work force is over 70,000?! Egad. Must have a large cafeteria. ;)

Wow, 700 sounds like a lot but the work force is over 70,000?! Egad. Must have a large cafeteria. ;)
About half of Mayo's employees are in Rochester MN. There are other major but smaller campuses in Scottsdale, AZ and Jacksonville, FL. And Mayo has a number of smaller satellite clinics in areas in the upper midwest.

Finally, convinced my mom to get her booster today, so I'm pretty happy, and keeping an eye on her in case she feels lousy soon and needs help. She knows she needed the shot, but she was nervous, since my uncle died within 12 hours of his second dose. It was a heart issue he was already having, but the mind seeks patterns nevertheless.

Paris (CNN)French President Emmanuel Macron has said he "really wants to piss off" unvaccinated people, intensifying a heated political debate over strict new rules for those who have refused the shot.

"I'm not going to put them in jail, I'm not going to forcibly vaccinate them, and so, you have to tell them: from January 15, you will no longer be able to go to the restaurant, you will no longer be able to have a drink, go for a coffee, to the theater, you will no longer go to the movies," Macron told Le Parisien.

Macron described those opposed to vaccination as "irresponsible," adding that "they undermined the strength of a nation."

"When my freedom threatens that of others, I become irresponsible," he said. "An irresponsible person is no longer a citizen."

It is time to piss off the unvaccinated and they are being irresponsible.

US over 700k today.
About half of Mayo's employees are in Rochester MN. There are other major but smaller campuses in Scottsdale, AZ and Jacksonville, FL. And Mayo has a number of smaller satellite clinics in areas in the upper midwest.
And Quebec, they put mayo on everything.

US over 700k today.
And Quebec, they put mayo on everything.
I'm a Michigander and I put mayo on everything too. Mayo is my favorite condiment.

Indeed. The phrase, "I told you so," has to be one of the most useless things a person can say, especially to someone grieving the loss of a loved one.

Very sad to read that pro-vaxxers were mocking her death on her facebook page. :( Sad that her husband had to wade through that.
That is very unfortunate. Gloating over someone's death on Facebook seems about as ridiculous as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom