• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

CPAC - the Coup Continues

Now you're beginning to understand. Loren isn't there, not yet.

"Nuts" is not a binary state. Everybody has some degree of mental problem, mental health issues are diagnosed when the problem reaches a point of interfering too much with life.
Of course it isn't a binary state. I think I made that quite clear.

Is your definition of mental illness such that it isn't illness unless it is diagnosed? Lots of maladies happen and are never diagnosed. That doesn't mean they didn't happen. Thinking a pathology or condition didn't happen unless it has been diagnosed and documented is itself probably a sign of a mental shortcoming.

You misunderstand--I'm talking about below the level of being worthy of being diagnosed. OCD in wanting your structures in a video game neatly lined up is very different than OCD in washing your hands 50 times a day.

Trump's CPAC Speech: 2024 Run, Patriot Party, and More Insanity - YouTube - by The Young Turks.

At 1 1/2 minutes in it, Ana Kasparian notes something very remarkable about Trump: he did some reasoning. In particular, Trump stated that if he started a new party, he would split the Republican/conservative vote.

I mean, it's possible Trump didn't get that idea himself and someone who was previously in his administration did, or Mitch McConnell relayed it to him. Probably likely Trump didn't think that himself.

Trump's CPAC Speech: 2024 Run, Patriot Party, and More Insanity - YouTube - by The Young Turks.

At 1 1/2 minutes in it, Ana Kasparian notes something very remarkable about Trump: he did some reasoning. In particular, Trump stated that if he started a new party, he would split the Republican/conservative vote.

I mean, it's possible Trump didn't get that idea himself and someone who was previously in his administration did, or Mitch McConnell relayed it to him. Probably likely Trump didn't think that himself.

I don't believe that Trump has any of his own ideas except for fleecing money.

Politically, he's the ultimate tool.

They also would have had to explain it in Trump-centric terms.
"If you do this, history will not remember DONALD J. TRUMP as a king-maker, but as the man who killed the party. EVERY history book, the Trump chapter will open with a picture of you on campaign over the caption of Lindsey Graham predicting you would be the death of the GOP."

"If you do this, history will not remember DONALD J. TRUMP as a king-maker, but as the man who killed the party. EVERY history book, the Trump chapter will open with a picture of you on campaign over the caption of Lindsey Graham predicting you would be the death of the GOP."

I'm pretty sure Trump's response to that would be, "So history will be talking about me? Then I'm gonna do it!"

Shameless, fun times at the insurrection reunion. All this reckless negligence is so disturbing to see from these grown men and women who should know better, they're going to get more people killed.

Petty, sure. Do I care about being petty towards conservative nutjobs? Not really.

Nothing personal, but you kinda hit a pet peeve of mine here.

I do not see those people as conservatives. They are progressives.
The term you are looking for is Populist, not progressive. These are far right-wing populists.
They want sweeping changes, based far more on ideology than what's best for the country. They don't seem to care about the effects on the American people as a whole. They're not even reactionary, they're progressive in the worst possible way. Stupid progressives, with no understanding of how this crap has played out in the quite recent past.
They want an authoritarian far right-wing government... they watch V for Vendetta and cry at the end because they think it is a tragedy.

Sorry to have to subject you to this...

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/Vga0M4ia5Mc[/YOUTUBE]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Are we getting a bit petty? Yes, it isn't great, she doesn't handle the hard part particularly well and she definitely can't hold on the Free note, this isn't much of any consequence compared to so much else that was said, just as poorly, by our Government at that event.

Petty, sure. Do I care about being petty towards conservative nutjobs? Not really.
A bit more on the singer, Sailor Sabol. She seems like a clueless whitesplainer. Still curious how she got the gig. Was there no one else?

Pretty sure she's another case of the gqp trying too hard to appeal to younger people.

The twitter dragging of her was pretty fucking hilarious though.

Pretty sure she's another case of the gqp trying too hard to appeal to younger people.

The twitter dragging of her was pretty fucking hilarious though.

I love how conservatives are defending her by saying things like "Singing the National Anthem is hard! Even professional singers won't try it, she should be given a medal for the bravery it took for her to sing it." All while completely ignoring that every day during baseball season professional singers, and amateurs as well, all over the country go out and sing it in front of tens of thousands of people without mangling it this badly. This is actually the worst rendition I have heard since Roseanne Barr intentionally mangled it back in the '90s. So, she is just a hair above "fucked it up so badly it was obviously done on purpose".

They could have gone out and hired an actual professional singer for the gig, I am sure there are plenty of country singers who would jump at the chance. It seems their primary criteria in selecting a singer, however, was that they be a young conservative spewing hate on the internet, and an actual ability to perform the job was at best secondary, if not completely irrelevant to the selection. In other words, exactly the same way in which conservatives pick their political candidates and public servants.

Yeah, I'm certainly not going to be overly critical of someone's singing ability. She was in over her head and shouldn't been given a platform in the first place. That she got this chance likely because she says certain things in social media is the much more bothersome thing.

You could well be right about that.

Yeah, I'm certainly not going to be overly critical of someone's singing ability. She was in over her head and shouldn't been given a platform in the first place. That she got this chance likely because she says certain things in social media is the much more bothersome thing.
Late to the party and someone else probably already said it somewhere: "A rendition so bad, had listeners cheering on the British."

I'm pretty sure Trump's response to that would be, "So history will be talking about me? Then I'm gonna do it!"

And maybe even refer to some Democrats who hold destruction of the Repuglican party is a good thing. (Remember how he fired Comey because of Hillary Clinton.)

The term you are looking for is Populist, not progressive. These are far right-wing populists.
They want sweeping changes, based far more on ideology than what's best for the country. They don't seem to care about the effects on the American people as a whole. They're not even reactionary, they're progressive in the worst possible way. Stupid progressives, with no understanding of how this crap has played out in the quite recent past.
They want an authoritarian far right-wing government... they watch V for Vendetta and cry at the end because they think it is a tragedy.

The term is "reactionary"--check first 2 sentences of the Wikipedia entry.

Sorry to have to subject you to this...

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/Vga0M4ia5Mc[/YOUTUBE]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You should be sorry. That is some of the saddest singing ever. Is she impaired in some way of which I am unaware? If so I apologize.

As conservative circle-jerks go this one certainly did not disappoint.

I'm no connoisseur, but even I could tell her singing is atrocious. Was this really the best they could do? Are all the competent singers rooting for the Blue team?

I'm surprised they didn't just play Springsteen's hit "Born in the U.S.A." Isn't that what they did for their GOP Convention? Or for that matter, why not just use Lady Gaga's "Oh say can you see"? — I thought it was great. Don't they have photoshoppers who could make it look like Ms. Gaga was sucking the Great Orange Cock while singing the anthem?

Back
Top Bottom