• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Daunte Wright shot with Taser. And by "taser," I mean, "Gun."

Those who can do so under extreme threat are rare indeed, and will not be found working in most municipal police departments. Most of those willing to apply for police jobs and are able to operate with detached cool under extreme pressure, are sociopaths like Derek Chauvin.

This is probably why Chauvin was still working after 17+ citations for excessive use of force.

He did the job of protecting us non-violent people from the George Floyds of the world effectively. Probably takes a sociopath to stop a sociopath.

Of course, "sociopath" isn't a binary term. Some people are more sociopathic than others. Chauvin and Floyd were both pretty high on that scale.

I sincerely doubt that the USA is going to become a better place to live by getting rid of the sociopaths like Chauvin and protecting the rest of them, like Floyd and Wright.
Tom

Minnesota Second Degree Manslaughter as it applies here.

So, did she:
(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another.

Point one; I would think so. Point two; might be a bit more difficult. “Consciously”. Knowingly, deliberately. I don’t think even a jury could convict. Never mind the appeal that would have to make it past “qualified immunity”.

Change the law and we’ll change behavior.
I'd argue that even the intended act of tasing someone as they're getting into a vehicle would count, if they then died. They aren't harmless, especially in less than ideal situations.

Those who can do so under extreme threat are rare indeed, and will not be found working in most municipal police departments. Most of those willing to apply for police jobs and are able to operate with detached cool under extreme pressure, are sociopaths like Derek Chauvin.

This is probably why Chauvin was still working after 17+ citations for excessive use of force.

He did the job of protecting us non-violent people from the George Floyds of the world effectively. Probably takes a sociopath to stop a sociopath.

Of course, "sociopath" isn't a binary term. Some people are more sociopathic than others. Chauvin and Floyd were both pretty high on that scale.

I sincerely doubt that the USA is going to become a better place to live by getting rid of the sociopaths like Chauvin and protecting the rest of them, like Floyd and Wright.
Tom
Subscribe to Tom's feed for good recipes on how to make bootlicking downright enjoyable!

Floyd wasn't the one who killed someone while not caring that there were several people standing around filming him. You don't seem to be able to tell the difference between genuinely sociopathic behavior, and minor criminality. Or do you have some hidden footage somewhere of Floyd beating an old lady to death? The defense would really like to hear from you.

Tom
Subscribe to Tom's feed for good recipes on how to make bootlicking downright enjoyable!

Floyd wasn't the one who killed someone while not caring that there were several people standing around filming him. You don't seem to be able to tell the difference between genuinely sociopathic behavior, and minor criminality. Or do you have some hidden footage somewhere of Floyd beating an old lady to death? The defense would really like to hear from you.

Well, he was convicted of armed robbery, which is hardly a minor crime, and certainly is an example of sociopathic behavior.

Tom

Yes, I too would like to see George dispassionately choking the life out of a person for ten minutes or so before agreeing with Tom's characterization.
Jesus fucking Christ!

Well, he was convicted of armed robbery, which is hardly a minor crime, and certainly is an example of sociopathic behavior.

But he's Black!
That means nobody can point out such facts unless they're racist.
Prove I'm wrong.
Tom

If police want to take action against one of Tom's "violent", "deceitful", "drug addled" neighborhoods (and don't think I missed the racist dog-whistlings there), they can leave the guns behind.

That's a pretty messed up strawman.
Apparently, when you want to claim racism but it isn't actually there your go to b.s. is "dog-whistle.
I never said anything about neighborhood or race. I'm talking about this entire country.

Send in not-armed social workers to process an arrest for all I care. Then if they get shot at, and only then, they should be able to come back in with guns.

Oh right.
After the social workers get shot, then send in the police.

It's not like TV dude. The bad guys don't always miss.

What do you mean by "social workers"? How long do think that well intentioned, but unarmed, people are going to attempt to deal with criminally insane folks packing big guns? After a few dozen die because they slightly misjudged the situation?

If those cases get as much publicity as the criminals who get killed by police I doubt that many "social workers" will be trying out for the job. I wouldn't.
Tom

Hey, you're the one assuming that people are "criminally insane folks packing big guns".

Even the hardest of hardened gangsters is going to think twice about shooting someone for knocking on their door.

I expect that if the police interact with people, their first attempt must be nonviolent. Non-threatening.

Maybe you wouldn't want a fairly dangerous job. That just drips of cowardice to me. Lots of people sign up for jobs that involve occasionally being shot at. Cops are just pussies about it.

Hey, you're the one assuming that people are "criminally insane folks packing big guns".

Apparently, you're not capable of understanding what I actually posted.
Here, let me repeat it:
Unfortunately, we live in a huge and diverse country. Where the large majority aren't particularly violent, deceitful, drug addled, or armed. But enough are to make "simple solutions" like @Jarhyn; unfeasible.

Perhaps you don't understand the distinction between "the large majority" and "enough"?
Go back and try again.
Tom

Here, let me repeat it:
Unfortunately, we live in a huge and diverse country. Where the large majority aren't particularly violent, deceitful, drug addled, or armed. But enough are to make "simple solutions" like @Jarhyn; unfeasible.

Perhaps you don't understand the distinction between "the large majority" and "enough"?
Go back and try again.
Tom

So, to make my point here, you are proposing that police be armed I "the vast majority" of situations where you admit their job is NOT dangerous, exposing 99.9...% of their interactions to an armed, jumpy pussy because some people are insane. I'd rather the cop's body when they would have needed the gun than other bodies when they didn't really.

Here, let me repeat it:

Go back and try again.
Tom

So, to make my point here, you are proposing that police be armed I "the vast majority" of situations where you admit their job is NOT dangerous, exposing 99.9...% of their interactions to an armed, jumpy pussy because some people are insane. I'd rather the cop's body when they would have needed the gun than other bodies when they didn't really.

7695E35D-8E39-45A5-94D2-1771305630BA_jpe-1493407.JPG

yeah shooting multiple people is not threatening
so why bother the black guy if he was shooting people?

Pay attention to how his surrender went down.
surrender? you gotta be joking
is called execution
"pay attention"?
I asked you a direct question.
pay attention?

Obviously you didn't pay attention. I'm not talking about Duante, but with the guy you were comparing him to.

So, to make my point here, you are proposing that police be armed I "the vast majority" of situations where you admit their job is NOT dangerous, exposing 99.9...% of their interactions to an armed, jumpy pussy because some people are insane.

No.
Tom

So, to make my point here, you are proposing that police be armed I "the vast majority" of situations where you admit their job is NOT dangerous, exposing 99.9...% of their interactions to an armed, jumpy pussy because some people are insane.

No.
Tom

Ya never know which situations are routine and which are not until they happen.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q55aASmn4TI[/YOUTUBE]

No.
Tom

Well, it really looks like that to me.

surrender? you gotta be joking
is called execution
"pay attention"?
I asked you a direct question.
pay attention?

Obviously you didn't pay attention. I'm not talking about Duante, but with the guy you were comparing him to.
you said the white guy bent over backwards to show he wasn't a threat.
by virtue of the perception of the arresting officers he was not executed.
which is it?

And that's with sending a social worker into a situation where a social worker appears to be the right approach. Sending them into police matters would greatly escalate the death toll.

And yet, social workers do not angrily insist that they have a "right" to carry a firearm, and murder their clients without legal penalty if they start to feel scared.

Back
Top Bottom