• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Eric Swalwell

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Andy Beshear

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Yes, we do value diversity, which means racial identity is of no importance to us.
Bullshit. Leftists are all about race-based policies. That's why your Ilk supports racial preferences in hiring and college admissions. That's why choices for major positions like SCOTUS, Veep or US Senator from California are restricted to only black women.

In light of that, you have quite a gall to claim that racial identity is of no importance to you.
It is only of importance ot right-wingers who want to suppress diversity by targeting people of color, women, and others who are not straight white cisgendered men for exclusion from public and private affairs.
Bullshit. I never advocated for anything like that. I think people should be treated as individuals, and not ciphers for racial, ethnic and gender categories.

Well, we do tend to value some diversity, which is a good thing. They love the white male patriarchy. Diversity is a positive, but not our chief concern.
I value diversity too, but it should not be artificially imposed by DEI schemes, racial preferences (euphemistically called "affirmative action") or excluding anybody but black women from consideration for important positions.
Still, it is past time that we had a female president, regardless of her ethnicity.
I think this is the wrong way to think about it. And I think it probably contributed to why we have not had a female president yet. Hillary made her campaign too much about that, and it must have turned some voters off.

Your misogyny is showing. A woman could never be attracted to a handsome, powerful older man so she must be a slut.
Even if I thought that, that is not part of the definition of "misogyny".

No, I do not think a 30 year old woman could never be attracted to a 60 year old man ('handsome' is subjective - I do not see it in his case). Just like I do not think a 30 year old man could never be attracted to a 60 year old woman. But it is rare. And when the older partner offers tangible career benefits to the younger partner (your adjective 'powerful' is connected to that), it does look like a transactional relationship. Is it 100% certainly that? No, but most likely it is.
Whether the younger partner is a man or a woman btw. I really do not see how you read "misogyny" into it when it works equally for both sexes, or even for homosexual relationships for that matter.

And it's odd that this is the focus of his comments. If he really isn't misogynist and is fair and balanced, you'd think there would be at least a mention of the fact that Harris' opponent in the race is currently on his third wife, who is 24 years his junior.
It's not a "focus" of my comments. I brought it up only as a contrast in how false sexual attacks on Vance are treated as acceptable, but mentioning things from Harris' past is deemed "misogynist" by the Ilk.
There is no evidence the rumor is false.

You mention your conjecture as if it is a true fact. You persistent in attacking Harris based in your literally made up conclusion.

Actually, you and everyone else understood that Walz was not seriously trying to spread a false rumor. He was making a joke at Vance's expense, because that false rumor had attached to him.
That not very funny "joke" was in poor taste whether on not Walz meant it seriously or not.
How would you (and other Dems) feel if Vance was cracking sexual jokes about Kamala? He'd be called a "misogynist", right? So why are sexual jokes acceptable against him, but not her?
You can call it petty, but it is petty in the sense that anyone making a play on words with sexual overtones is petty.
It is very petty. And it cements his status as a "meme" candidate.
Whether you believe the story or not, it is something that Vance himself could easily joke about, but the man has no real sense of humor.
That may be so, but it is easy to crack jokes with others as the butt of the joke. I do not see Walz joking about himself, and certainly not in a similarly crude manner.
It's not the kind of pettiness involved in going after Walz for a decades old DUI charge that was dropped
As if Dems would not be making hay if Vance was the one driving drunk.
or the fact that he let people believe he had retired at the rank of Command Sergeant Major, when he had actually been technically demoted for failing to take the final courses to qualify at the point he retired.
The rank is the rank. He should not have inflated it.
You are tone deaf to what Rhea said. She pointed out why that kind of story does no harm to a man. Your response was to shrug her point off as if it didn't matter.
I think it is just an excuse for sexist double standards. I have heard such arguments for decades from feminists, and they are all excuses for women being "more equal" than men.

It was literally made up. Look it up.
You mention your conjecture as if it is a true fact. You persistent in attacking Harris based in your literally made up conclusion.
She fucked Brown. He placed her on state boards. It has at the very least an appearance of a "quid pro quo". You think this is made up when it is based in things that actually happened, but at the same time you are defending rumors that are completely made up. Weird.

It was literally made up. Look it up.
That does not make it false. If makes it likely it is false.
Derec said:
She fucked Brown. He placed her on state boards. It has at the very least an appearance of a "quid pro quo". You think this is made up when it is based in things that actually happened, but at the same time you are defending rumors that are completely made up.
“Based in things that actually happened” means docudrama - your conclusion is literally made up.

I am not defending rumors.

Last edited:
I've found this conspiracy theory:
It is a conspiracy theory. What is true is that the islamofascists of the "Uncommitted" movement didn't want Shapiro, and Walz is much more acceptable to them. See one of them being interviewed by the anti-Israel Autocracy[sic] Now! web channel.

I am amused by some people's claims that opposition to Gov. Josh Shapiro is anti-Semitism. It's as if being Jewish means the right to do whatever one wants to. If he was more competent or qualified than the rest, or if there was a pattern of not having Jews who are as qualified as the others, then yes, that would be evidence of anti-Semitism, but neither circumstance is very evident.
I think anti-semitism plays a role. Not that Kamala is antisemitic, but that she is a coward. She caved to the antisemities of Dearborn and elsewhere (many of them in Walz' Minnesota as well).
He was faulted for being pro-Israel, opposing disruptive and sometimes violent campus protesters and also for serving in the IDF in his youth.
Bernie Sanders is Jewish, and neither he nor his supporters claim that he is a victim of anti-Semitism.
He is the acceptable kind of Jew to the antisemitic Left. He is opposed to Israel, and close to Israel haters like Rashida Tlaib and Linda Sarsour (who even once said that Israelis should not be humanized).
Some people did object to his hardline support of the Netanyahu regime's actions in Gaza
And he is right. While there are faults with Netanyahu, esp. intelligence failures that allowed 10/7 to happen in the first place, the war in Gaza was a necessary response. Hamas must be crushed. Sinwar must be either killed or arrested, never to see light of day again (and releasing him and >1000 other terrorists in 2011 was Netanyahu's biggest blunder).
and his dismissal of some protestors of those actions as comparable to the Ku Klux Klan. Josh Shapiro's Gaza stances resurface as he's on Harris' VP shortlist
The pro-Hamas protesters are indeed comparable to the Klan. Do you disagree?

It’s called reasoning. You should try it instead of you doing you.
No, it's called sophistry. When somebody makes up a rumor, it is not "reasoning" to say that it technically might have coincidentally actually happened as well. That is true of pretty much anything. It's just bullshit masquerading as reasoning.

Some truth? Is that the bar now?
A much higher bar then the imperceptible one used by Walz to riff about Vance.
Gov. Walz was about 40 years old when the Iraq Invasion occurred, started serving 22 years before the invasion. Had he not done his service?
40 is still pretty young. He could have chosen to accompany his unit.
That said, he had the right to retire at that point. So not illegal, but perhaps bad form?

You are tone deaf to what Rhea said. She pointed out why that kind of story does no harm to a man. Your response was to shrug her point off as if it didn't matter.
I think it is just an excuse for sexist double standards. I have heard such arguments for decades from feminists, and they are all excuses for women being "more equal" than men.

Of course you think that.
But the facts are clear. Women are at a much higher risk of violence at the hands of men, and women are at a much higher risk of harm from false rumors and women are at a much higher risk of career harm from denigrating interpretations of the exact same behavior that you never bring up about men.

So when you continuously, repeatedly and falsely claim that women’s bodies are available for transactions without their consent it is harmful to their careers and their safety. It normalizes harm to them it gives men permission to harm women, because you proclaim the equivalent of “they want it anyway”. And when you can’t tell that a (distasteful and false) joke about a man’s sexulity does not set him up as available for sexual transactions, it is blindly deluded. They are not the same.

And when it is clear that you NEVER make the same statements about men doing these things, your agenda is clear, and you are not fooling anyone but yourself with a claim that you’re just trying to be fair about it.

You know why Trumo cheats on his wives and seeks younger women. He’s trying to elevate his reputation. He does it repeatedly. Pathologically.

Meanwhile a woman dates an older man for one period in her life and you can’t shut up about it. How long ago was this? You’re the only one who can’t see what message this sends.

Interestingly, I know personally two couples with large (25+ years) age differences. One with a younger woman, one with a younger man. They are not transactional. SO your claim “but it’s rare, therefore Harris must have been transactional” sounds hollow, misogynistic and petulant. And you cannot shut up about it. Your claim is not convincing in the least.

Gov. Walz was about 40 years old when the Iraq Invasion occurred, started serving 22 years before the invasion. Had he not done his service?
That said, he had the right to retire at that point. So not illegal, but perhaps bad form?
Jesus, have you not even read the news on this? He put in for his retirement LONG BEFORE his unit was set to be deployed. It took that long for the paperwork. It’s not bad form at all.

Whether or how much her relationship helped her career along is a matter of conjecture.
A reasonable conjecture. We can never know what was in their heads, but the extreme age gap, and the fact that he did help her career along are sus af.
But I am far from the only person who reads your posts who has noticed that you reserve your special nick names for women, persons of color and especially women of color.
I think you only notice it for them because of who you are and because of your politics. I have nicknames for white men too. Yes, I call AOC "Wormtongue" when talking about the left-wing influence on Biden, but in that same analogy I call Sanders "Bernie Sandersman the White" and Biden "Theoden". I also have called Robert O'Rourke 'β'. I guessed you have missed that one. There are more, but you don't notice them.

Jesus, have you not even read the news on this? He put in for his retirement LONG BEFORE his unit was set to be deployed. It took that long for the paperwork. It’s not bad form at all.
It is if you’re desperate to criticize him for something, anything.

This information is easily known and if one is following the news in an unbiased manner it’s hard not to know.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" applies also to military and police force.
Indeed. But nobody is calling it "free police force" or "free military". It is understood they cost considerable tax moneys.

A reasonable conjecture. We can never know what was in their heads, but the extreme age gap, and the fact that he did help her career along are sus af.
Nope, they are not “sus AF”. You don’t have a clue what was in their minds. You’re making shit up to suit your pre-made emotional feeling that she must be using sex in a bad way because she hasn’t earned anything.

Since you NEVER say this about men, it’s sus AF when you do this.

Back
Top Bottom