• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Eric Swalwell

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Andy Beshear

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
You don't keep repeating the same thing over and over and over... well, maybe if you are Trump, but the "weird" thing is about setting a tone. You expand from it down the road.
You never know what will catch or what will sting. The whole sofa thing is surreal. "Weird" at least has a nice passive aggressive feel that the GOP is not used to having to defend against.
I think the whole Walz pick is surreal. From cowardness of appeasing the Dearborn "Death to America" crowd to the memification of the race with sophomoric quips.
Indeed, white men demand at least one white male on a ticket.
[citation needed] for all these white men demanding it.
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. So far not a single woman of any color has been elected POTUS. Having Harris on the ticket was indeed ground breaking. It is highly unlikely that Obama would have won if he had not chosen a white male as a running mate, based on history. He made a safe choice and as it turned out, a very good choice. Obama and Biden reportedly worked very well together, which is extremely beneficial to the country and also not necessarily the case of a POTUS and VP.

I realize that to you, all male/female relationships are transactional, and that what men want from women is primarily sex and what women want from men is primarily money (or reasonable facsimile). Senior members of any team often advocate for future advancement of more junior members. I was given a promotion because my boss liked me and thought I had more potential. He was male, I was very young and probably at peak attractiveness but nope, not a hint of anything even close to attraction or transactional. He was nice and he was right. I was better in the next position than in the one I was hired for and indeed, was better suited as I moved up. People tend to recommend people they know for jobs and positions as they open up. Indeed, as a position opens up, those looking to hire someone usually ask if anyone knows anyone who would be suitable...

I am also vehemently against drunk driving. Driving 90 in a 50 is indeed awful, alcohol or no. People do stupid things when they are young or drunk or both. I will say that where I live, many rural roads have speed limits of 50 mph and virtually no traffic. He was likely more dangerous to his own safety than to anyone else's --but only because it was likely he was the only one on the road. Thirty years of good behavior does indeed mitigate the bad action. But yes, he and everyone else was fortunate that he did not kill or injure anyone, including himself.

If it is okay, why are you asking? "I didn't realize Chandrashekhar lived in America. Learned something new today. I guess I should have known based on what I did know... either England or US."
Just for information. Brown said he dated Kamala, which does not mean that.

Chandrashekhar joined University of Chicago in 1936 (Yerkes Observatory). In 1952, he became Morton D. Hull Distinguished Service Professor of Theoretical Astrophysics and Enrico Fermi Institute, upon Enrico Fermi's invitation. In 1953, he and his wife, Lalitha Chandrasekhar, took American citizenship. He was a nephew of C. V. Raman and was awarded Nobel Prize in 1983. Chandrashekhar was an atheist.

Last edited:
Whether or how much her relationship helped her career along is a matter of conjecture.
A reasonable conjecture. We can never know what was in their heads, but the extreme age gap, and the fact that he did help her career along are sus af.
But I am far from the only person who reads your posts who has noticed that you reserve your special nick names for women, persons of color and especially women of color.
I think you only notice it for them because of who you are and because of your politics. I have nicknames for white men too. Yes, I call AOC "Wormtongue" when talking about the left-wing influence on Biden, but in that same analogy I call Sanders "Bernie Sandersman the White" and Biden "Theoden". I also have called Robert O'Rourke 'β'. I guessed you have missed that one. There are more, but you don't notice them.
I myself have never been into a relatiinship with someone that much older than I am but I have a couple of friends who had relationships with men much older than they are and two of them married the men—and have been married to them well over 20 years. Another did not. Her choice and no regrets. Different strokes I guess.

I must confess that I do not always read all of your ( or anybody’s ) posts.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" applies also to military and police force.
Indeed. But nobody is calling it "free police force" or "free military". It is understood they cost considerable tax moneys.
That's not very apparent. Especially since their protection is free at the point of service, something that is supposed to be a big no-no.

Which part of her “heritage” is American?
Her mother lived nearly all her adult life. Kamala was born and brought up in America, 59 years now. Do you think that does not mean anything?
No. I just think you are using the word “heritage” in a different way than I would. Maybe it means something different to you.

Last edited:
Aupy, ‘Murkinz are very touchy about ethnicity.

Birthplaces? Not so much.

DEi “schemes,” as you put it, don’t discriminate against white men. They end discrimination against those who are not straight, white, cisgendered men. Try to get your facts straight.
That's what they are supposed to do. Unfortunately, the outcome is disparate outcomes are treated as discrimination that must be fixed.

So veterans are to be honored and worshipped... except if they are Democrats and then they can be slandered. Yes, Sen. John Kerry did already come to mind.
Is it slander though, or is there some truth to it?
Some truth? Is that the bar now?

Gov. Walz was about 40 years old when the Iraq Invasion occurred, started serving 22 years before the invasion. Had he not done his service?
And he retired from the reserves when he was aiming for Congress--a position rather incompatible with being in the reserves.

Donald Trump is getting increasingly more confused in his campaign to demean Kamala Harris for her former relationship with Willie Brown. His wandering brain invented a near-death helicopter experience with Willie Brown, who said that he had never been on a helicopter with Trump. Jerry Brown had been, but there was no emergency incident on the flight. Trump also insists that he remembers Willie Brown saying "terrible things" about Kamala Harris, which Willie Brown says never happened. This from the guy who cheated on all of the women three women he married and was held liable for sexual assault by a unanimous jury. Yet half the country is still ready to vote him back into office. o_O

Trump appears to confuse former Mayor Willie Brown with former Gov. Jerry Brown

There is no evidence the rumor is false.
It was literally made up. Look it up.
You mention your conjecture as if it is a true fact. You persistent in attacking Harris based in your literally made up conclusion.
She fucked Brown. He placed her on state boards. It has at the very least an appearance of a "quid pro quo". You think this is made up when it is based in things that actually happened, but at the same time you are defending rumors that are completely made up. Weird.
That would be relevant in considering whether she belonged on those boards. It has no bearing on whether she belongs in the White House.

Donald Trump is getting increasingly more confused in his campaign to demean Kamala Harris for her former relationship with Willie Brown. His wandering brain invented a near-death helicopter experience with Willie Brown, who said that he had never been on a helicopter with Trump. Jerry Brown had been, but there was no emergency incident on the flight. Trump also insists that he remembers Willie Brown saying "terrible things" about Kamala Harris, which Willie Brown says never happened. This from the guy who cheated on all of the women three women he married and was held liable for sexual assault by a unanimous jury. Yet half the country is still ready to vote him back into office. o_O

Trump appears to confuse former Mayor Willie Brown with former Gov. Jerry Brown

Trump can’t tell the difference between brown people. That’s a shocker!

And now that I think about, I recall the giant deal the press made about the President, the governor and governor-elect of California almost dying in a helicopter crash. It was a scary day indeed for America n and Californian citizens. I’ll never forget where I was when I heard the news.

DEi “schemes,” as you put it, don’t discriminate against white men. They end discrimination against those who are not straight, white, cisgendered men. Try to get your facts straight.
That's what they are supposed to do. Unfortunately, the outcome is disparate outcomes are treated as discrimination that must be fixed.
Example please? DEI does not discriminate against white men. The "I" is inclusion, which means ALL PEOPLE, period. It aims to stop the discrimination against the majority (which is typically straight, white, cisgendered, xtian, male).

Example please? DEI does not discriminate against white men. The "I" is inclusion, which means ALL PEOPLE, period. It aims to stop the discrimination against the majority (which is typically straight, white, cisgendered, xtian, male).
It’s a zero sum game. If the oppressed are treated equally and included then some of the oppressors have to be excluded by necessity. And thus the most qualified people will not get positions because if the oppressed were qualified how could they possibly have been oppressed?

Do you get it now? You’re welcome.

So veterans are to be honored and worshipped... except if they are Democrats and then they can be slandered. Yes, Sen. John Kerry did already come to mind.
Is it slander though, or is there some truth to it?
Some truth? Is that the bar now?

Gov. Walz was about 40 years old when the Iraq Invasion occurred, started serving 22 years before the invasion. Had he not done his service?
And he retired from the reserves when he was aiming for Congress--a position rather incompatible with being in the reserves.
In fact, it would have been illegal for him to have run for public office while in the reserves or in any military position.

The relevance of a 30 year old DUI reduced to reckless driving to Mr Wakz’s qualifications or fitness for the Vice Presidency or his policies has yet to be explained
Where I live, having an old DUI on your record is like having a merit badge from the Man Scouts.

Seriously, Walz is a hunter. He's got a DUI from decades ago. He thinks that fucking a rubber glove is funny, but kinda weird.

So far, so good. Here in Indiana, at least.

We Hoosiers aren't all stupid. Obama, a black kid from Chicago, won Indiana in 2008. At the rate things are going, a black chick from California and a grampa from Minnesota might take Indiana.
Tom

The relevance of a 30 year old DUI reduced to reckless driving to Mr Wakz’s qualifications or fitness for the Vice Presidency or his policies has yet to be explained
Where I live, having an old DUI on your record is like having a merit badge from the Man Scouts.

Seriously, Walz is a hunter. He's got a DUI from decades ago. He thinks that fucking a rubber glove is funny, but kinda weird.

So far, so good. Here in Indiana, at least.

We Hoosiers aren't all stupid. Obama, a black kid from Chicago, won Indiana in 2008. At the rate things are going, a black chick from California and a grampa from Minnesota might take Indiana.
Tom

He is just four points ahead of Kamala right now in Indiana, according to electoral-vote.com. Trump beat Biden there in 2020 by sixteen percentage points.

Back
Top Bottom