• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll Dem VP Pic: your choice?

Reflecting that a poll is included in the thread.

Democratic Vice President Pick

• Josh Shapiro

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gretchen Whimer

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michelle Obama

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cory Booker

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Schumer

• Other?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Eric Swalwell

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Andy Beshear

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
What's your problem with Newsom?
He’s an insufferable prick and an authoritarian control freak.
An authoritarian control freak who caves to your party's anti-democratic demands on a regular basis?
I didn’t vote for for the insufferable prick. Did you?
I don't know! I'm picking up that you might just have a little man crush on Newsom?!!
ffs, behave yourself. What was the actual point of that post? Some sort of drop the mike zinger? Lame as fuck fella.

An authoritarian control freak who caves to your party's anti-democratic demands on a regular basis?
I don't know! I'm picking up that you might just have a little man crush on Newsom?!!
ffs, behave yourself. What was the actual point of that post? Some sort of drop the mike zinger? Lame as fuck fella.

First off, "man crush" doesn't mean what you think it means. Regardless. you talk about him a lot. I don't know him well. He's the governor of California. I'm not sure that I see a bright future for him on a national stag. He's young and a good communicator. But I see a bunch of more likable dems (Shapiro, Wenz, Bashir, Whitmer) who are the bright future for the democratic party.

First off, "man crush" doesn't mean what you think it means. Regardless. you talk about him a lot.

Every other thread is about Trump, do these people have a “man crush” on him? So what was your actual point?

I don't know him well. He's the governor of California. I'm not sure that I see a bright future for him on a national stag. He's young and a good communicator.

Young by Biden standards yes. Good communicator? The fuck he is.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Regardless of their basis, in each case the result is made up.
Wrong.
“Coulda” doesn’t count for a 30 It year okd incident with no recurrences.It reveals nothing about Mr Walz today.
And yet allegations of incidents from ~30 years ago were deemed highly relevant when the Left was attacking Kavanaugh about what allegedly happened when he was 17 years old (and not 31, like Walz). You can't have it both ways. In 2018, three decades old ancient history was deemed highly relevant to somebody's present day character by the Democratic Party.
1) I care an awful lot more about a rape than about a DUI.

2) Walz isn't denying what happened. Kavanaugh is.

Walz first came to my attention in 2020, when he didn't do much about the very violent riots tearing up Minneapolis. Then he released a child murderer because the mob demanded he do it.

Not that JDV is better, of course. I still plan to vote for Kamala and Walz as the lesser weevils, but I am not enthusiastic about the ticket.

Walz could possibly be worse than insufferable prick Gavin Newsom.

I’ll take my chances with Trump over these authoritarian control freaks.
You object to authoritarian control freaks yet you plan to vote for the ultimate authoritarian? And most definitely a control freak, just in different ways.

Regardless of their basis, in each case the result is made up.
Wrong.
“Coulda” doesn’t count for a 30 It year okd incident with no recurrences.It reveals nothing about Mr Walz today.
And yet allegations of incidents from ~30 years ago were deemed highly relevant when the Left was attacking Kavanaugh about what allegedly happened when he was 17 years old (and not 31, like Walz). You can't have it both ways. In 2018, three decades old ancient history was deemed highly relevant to somebody's present day character by the Democratic Party.

Compare the reactions to the accusations and that will show you the current character of the individuals. I think Walz will easily compare favorably against Kavanaugh in this regard.

It wasn't even an allegation of rape. Attempted sexual assault in the first case and indecent exposure in the second.
Not that is any actual evidence for either.
People also deny accusations when they are innocent.
Compare the reactions to the accusations and that will show you the current character of the individuals. I think Walz will easily compare favorably against Kavanaugh in this regard.
Only one had actual evidence for his guilt, and it ain't Kav.

It wasn't even an allegation of rape. Attempted sexual assault in the first case and indecent exposure in the second.
Not that is any actual evidence for either.
People also deny accusations when they are innocent.
Only one had actual evidence for his guilt, and it ain't Kav.
There you go again - testimony is actual evidence.

Not any more so than his denial. Anybody can accuse somebody of a crime - where is corroborating evidence? She had none. And note that even her friend Leland Keyser was skeptical of her claims.

Walz actually blew above the legal BAC limit - that is actual objective evidence, not just somebody conveniently claiming that something happened 30 years ago.

Not any more so than his denial. Anybody can accuse somebody of a crime - where is corroborating evidence? She had none. And note that even her friend Leland Keyser was skeptical of her claims.

Walz actually blew above the legal BAC limit - that is actual objective evidence, not just somebody conveniently claiming that something happened 30 years ago.
Testimony is evidence - that is a fact. When you write there is no evidence when there is testimony, you write a falsehood.

If you mean physical evidence, be precise. If you mean unconvincing or insufficient evidence, be precise. But when you deny that testimony is evidence, you are tacitly demeaning testimony and the testifer.

Unlike you, I don't know how "dead to rights" they had him, but I'm on record as saying that I think he was guilty of a DUI.
He blew significantly above the legal BAC limit.
I think it fair to say that the Governor Walz of today is a very different man from the one who drank and drove in the mid-90s, so I won't judge him by the same standard that I would have back then.
That applies much more to somebody like Kav who was 17 at the time of the allegations against him. And yet the Dems wanted to crucify him over it, despite there not being actual evidence that he was guilty. That is hypocrisy - what a Democrat 30 years before at 31 does not define him, but what a Republican might have done 30 years earlier at 17 absolutely does.
That's all right wing claptrap. A panicked mayor urged him to send National Guard troops for help without specifying how many he wanted, where he wanted them to go, or what he expected them to do. So it took a while for the mayor to figure out that he needed to make a request with those details included. You don't just send in truckloads of soldiers with guns to put down a riot. It isn't just a battle between mobs, one side being better armed and trained than the other, to wade into the fray. You need to communicate a coherent need and have a plan of some kind.
National Guard commanders could have come up with a plan on the ground. Instead, the city was left to the rioters. They had occupied the so-called "George Floyd Square" for over a year. There were also barricades erected uptown over the justified killing of Winston Boogie Smith. The whole thing was a failure of both city and state leadership.
I'm not surprised at your lack of enthusiasm, given your history of posts, but I applaud your choice. With people like you joining in to oppose the lesser weevils, how can we lose? :unsure:
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Testimony is evidence - that is a fact.
It's splitting hairs in your usual fashion.
An accusation is certainly not sufficient evidence for anybody who doesn't have their mind already made up for ideological reasons.
No hairs to split. I take this to mean you will continue in willfully and knowingly spread falsehoods?

Your picture of a rioter in front of a burning building had nothing to do with his response, but it does show how influenced you are by rightwing propaganda and fearmongering, especially over issues involving race.
It is the Left making it about race - excusing rioting by blacks and left-wingers. Very few George Floyd rioters were ever prosecuted and they usually got sweetheart deals. Compare sentences for 2020 riots with 1/6.
Even Donald Trump voiced full support for Walz's handling of the situation at that time.
I mean, it's Trump. When did he ever make sense?
He was one vote on a parole board that commuted a life sentence for a teenager
One of only three and the second one was Keith Ellison, a Muslim with ties to the racist Nation of Islam. The third member recused herself. So it was only Walz and Ellison.
who had been convicted on very questionable evidence from a flawed prosecution.
That is bullshit. Myon Burrell did it. The guy he was shooting at identified him, and Myon himself offered three mutually exclusive alibis for his whereabouts during the shooting. Hennepin County DA's office has a good summary of the evidence against him.
What is true is that there was a campaign to free this thug, and that campaign picked up steam during the 2020 riots. But he is guilty as hell.
When Burrell was released in 2020, it was 18 years later, and he had spent half his life in prison before new investigations uncovered the flaws. There was no circumstantial evidence to convict him, so the prosecutor relying on questionable jailhouse confessions. Burrell himself had steadfastly maintained his innocence while in jail.
MB offered contradictory alibis for his whereabouts.
Hennepin County DA's Office said:
Myon Burrell has said a lot of things. He initially told police he was in Bemidji with his mother at the time of the shooting. Then, during his trial, the second alibi was, he was at a friend’s house playing video games. Now, a news report claims Mr. Burrell has a third alibi, that two people are claiming they were with him at a nearby grocery store at the time of the shooting.
There were several people who testified to the fact that he was the shooter, including the guy he was shooting at
still DA's office said:
Timothy Oliver was the intended victim of the gun fire and he saw Burrell across the street shooting at him and identified Burrell by his nickname and in a photo lineup.
back to Copernicus said:
This article places a favorable spin on it. Like how they claim that no surveillance video was obtained from a corner store but neglecting to say that this was a very late alibi that came after two other alibis and way too late for any video to still be available.
In 2023, Burrell was arrested again, but on drug and gun charges--not the original murder that he had been paroled for. While he may have been innocent of the murder, it seems that he may have become a drug addict and dealer. When he was released, there was no guarantee that he would go on to stay out of trouble.
He has not "become" a drug addict and dealer. He was an active gang member before he went to prison. In fact, he was suspected in other drive-by shootings before he murdered Tyesha Edwards.
He was also arrested again in 2024.
Myon Burrell charged with 2nd drug crime since 18-year murder sentence commuted

Can somebody explain where "Walz-pilled" comes from and what it means?
X-pilled became an internet slang for accepting something or someone thoroughly.
Goes back to the original Matrix and Morpheus offering Neo the choice between the red pill and the blue pill.
1416.jpg

Before getting all Walz-pilled, Dems became coconut-pilled, which is in turn a reference to a memeified Kamala anecdote.

Last edited:
Can somebody explain where "Walz-pilled" comes from and what it means?
X-pilled became an internet slang for accepting something or someone thoroughly.
Goes back to the original Matrix and Morpheus offering Neo the choice between the red pill and the blue pill.
1416.jpg

Before getting all Walz-pilled, Dems became coconut-pilled, which is in turn a reference to a memeified Kamala anecdote.

Are you getting all these _____-pilled terms from the manosphere?

If so, then it's no wonder you seem to be the only one who has heard of "Walz-pilled" and "coconut-pilled". You're probably the only regular poster who spends a lot of time there.

Back
Top Bottom