• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dictatorship is neither left nor right

True. It was not perfect democracy.

But good enough.

And the same setup that got us Jim Crow. You're trying to have it both ways. You say that majority public support for a majority of legislators counts a "Democracy in Action"TM for the Civil Rights Act but majority public support for a majority of legislators doesn't count for Jim Crow. When people point out your inconsistency your only defense is to accuse them of loving dictatorship. This inconsistency is why people see that your definition of Democracy is "passes laws I approve of."

Just admit you love dictatorship.

What got us Jim Crow laws were centuries of slavery.

Or, more precisely, the end of slavery.

But you blame democracy.

Or, more precisely, your inconsistent definition of it.

You're trying to have it both ways. You say that majority public support for a majority of legislators counts a "Democracy in Action"TM for the Civil Rights Act but majority public support for a majority of legislators doesn't count for Jim Crow. When people point out your inconsistency your only defense is to accuse them of loving dictatorship. This inconsistency is why people see that your definition of Democracy is "passes laws I approve of."

What got us Jim Crow laws were centuries of slavery.

Or, more precisely, the end of slavery.

What gave the laws was that it was racial slavery and the nation was filled with racists.

A minority not only inflicted the nation with slavery it inflicted the nation with generations of racists. We still have many racists because slavery existed for centuries.

But you blame democracy.

Or, more precisely, your inconsistent definition of it.

My definition includes representative democracy.

It is a weaker form of democracy but it is not dictatorship.

You have no point.

Just a love of dictatorship and a hatred of democracy.

Which gave the country both Jim Crow Laws and the Civil Rights Act, by the same means and methods.

The reason you can't face it is because you want the power to unilaterally override a majority when it votes for something you don't like. The reason you claim to oppose dictatorship is because you're not the dictator. Then you love it.

Which gave the country both Jim Crow Laws and the Civil Rights Act, by the same means and methods.

The reason you can't face it is because you want the power to unilaterally override a majority when it votes for something you don't like. The reason you claim to oppose dictatorship is because you're not the dictator. Then you love it.

Your ignorance of the forces of history and how race based slavery effected the nation is astounding.

You see democracy, not centuries of race based slavery, as the cause of Jim Crow laws.

I doubt I have ever heard anything more ignorant.

There is nothing to be done with your ignorant claims except laugh at them.

Your ignorance of the forces of history and how race based slavery effected the nation is astounding.

Says the person who thinks nobody voted for Jim Crow. They just magically appeared.

What democracy did was move us from slavery to the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

You somehow see this an an indictment of democracy.

Insanity!

If this is all you got then go away.

You have no rational criticism.

So a democratically elected president waged war to end slavery and you think democracy had nothing to do with it?

Thanks for trying.

So a democratically elected president waged war to end slavery and you think democracy had nothing to do with it?

Thanks for trying.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything at this point. I just like to see what triggers the various versions of your 3 goto tired anti-american cliches.

Only sick authoritarians talk about anti- Soviet or anti-American ideas.

That you think support of democracy is anti-American is telling.

What was the voting tendency of the population with the most to gain by slavery ending and the most to lose by Jim Crow laws being established?

Did any lawmakers ask them for their opinions on the matter in either case?

Can we please shut up about any legislative policy prior to universal suffrage being in any way democratic just because it had the support of the people they bothered to ask (white men)?

What was the voting tendency of the population with the most to gain by slavery ending and the most to lose by Jim Crow laws being established?

Can we please shut up about any legislative policy prior to universal suffrage being in any way democratic just because it had the support of the people they bothered to ask (white men)?

Bottom line.

When a minority of scumbag slavers are allowed to carry out centuries of race based slavery this will pollute the whole nation.

We still live today surrounded by racists because of centuries of race based slavery.

A minority can really screw up a nation.

The only cure is democracy.

But after centuries of slavery it will not work instantaneously.

Those that criticize democracy because it did not cure the disease of racial discrimination instantly are children with childish notions.

Bottom line.

When a minority of scumbag slavers are allowed to carry out centuries of race based slavery this will pollute the whole nation.

We still live today surrounded by racists because of centuries of race based slavery.

Those that criticize democracy because it did not cure the disease of racial discrimination instantly are children with childish notions.

So only a minority of the scumbags supported Jim Crow? If only a minority of the scumbags supported it and most of the scumbags didn't support it, that raises some very interesting question.

Bottom line.

So only a minority of the scumbags supported Jim Crow?

We still have many racists in the US and slavery ended about 150 years ago.

We only have those racists because a minority were allowed to carry out a race based slavery system.

The minority polluted many.

But what made things better was democracy.

To think slavery and the race based laws that shortly followed slavery have anything to do with democracy is stupidity.

So only a minority of the scumbags supported Jim Crow? If only a minority of the scumbags supported it and most of the scumbags didn't support it, that raises some very interesting question.

Wow does that not even come close to addressing the question.

If only a minority of scumbags supported it, what about the rest of the scumbags? And is it at all possible that at any time that scumbags were a majority?

Wow does that not even come close to addressing the question.

If only a minority of scumbags supported it, what about the rest of the scumbags? And is it at all possible that at any time that scumbags were a majority?

So you think race based laws have nothing to do with centuries of race based slavery?

You think it is a flaw of democracy?

Why do you think these people wrote race based laws if it had nothing to do with centuries of racial slavery?

Are black people just so inherently inferior these unbiased men, it was only white men who wrote these laws, just naturally had the instinct to oppress them?

What were all these race based laws about? What was their genesis?

I remember, back in my formative years, thinking that there wasn't much difference in fascism and communism. I thought of the left/right political spectrum as a loop: If you went far enough left you'd be right, and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom