• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dominion starts serving lawsuits

There's another delay right now.

If it's because of settlement talks, I would guess the sticking point is over whether and how much Fox will have to publicly admit any wrongdoing. They can afford the monetary damages, if it was just money it would be over by now. Going to trial will result in weeks of a perhaps daily media avalanche of Fox's wrongdoing. Fox has to offer something worth letting them off from that.

Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis has formally named a special master to investigate whether Fox News withheld evidence from Dominion Voting Systems, according to court filings.
Still no reason to settle, when there is the possibility of even more damning evidence coming out, plus whatever sanctions the judge might want to impose for it.

Abby Grossberg, suing Faux, has recovered incriminating calls from a dead cell phone. Including calls from Teddy the Cruz. This just keeps getting better and more better.

blah, they settled, it's over.

Suck. I was looking forward to weeks of Fox lying made public on TV.

I hope the settlement includes much groveling and admissions of lying from all of their talking heads.

There's still Smartmatic's $2.7 billion case.

They’ve announced the settlement amount: over $780 million. Glad this wasn’t kept secret. Now waiting to see if Fox has to admit on air to the lies.

Here's Tapper.

Doesn't appear there'll be any on air apology. All they have to admit appears to be in the weak statement they released. "We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false." Though making the dollar amount public was a major concession.

If you go to foxnews.com, it's nowhere mentioned on there home page.

Fox will go on with their business of fake news as usual, I suspect, maybe a bit more subtle to pass a minimal legal bar.

Fox will go on with their business of fake news as usual, I suspect, maybe a bit more subtle to pass a minimal legal bar.
What I’m getting is “You may lie all you want, just don’t hurt anyone or say it’s news.”
I still wish the viewers would do a class action against FOX for lying to them.

Why would the viewers do that? FOX gave them exactly what they wanted. For viewers wanting to sue they'd have to at least be self aware enough to realise that they have been lying to themselves. Considering how most of them chose to listen to Russel Brand on Rumble or switch to NewsMax the instance FOX attempted to report in a manner that contradicts their worldview shows they're not prepared to do that.

What I’m getting is “You may lie all you want, just don’t hurt anyone or say it’s news.”
And obviously it's going to be a structured settlement where the 3/4 a billion is going to be paid out over a period of time so long it will make J.G. Wentworth say "Jesus you guys are a bunch of crooks."

Never did I ever imagine that I would be disappointed that a settlement was "only" $780,000,000.

We don't know that is all the settlement is for.

Paying all that is important. But if the rest of us, including Dominion, can keep on pointing out lies told by Fox that'd be great.
Tom

Never did I ever imagine that I would be disappointed that a settlement was "only" $780,000,000.

We don't know that is all the settlement is for.

Paying all that is important. But if the rest of us, including Dominion, can keep on pointing out lies told by Fox that'd be great.
Tom
Nah. Because no matter what happened in the trial (that was staved off), the rest of us could keep pointing out the lies.

Pending the full deets of the settlement, it seems like Fox can just keep lying. The consequences seem to be equivalent to a retraction at the bottom of the second to last page of the newspaper's Sunday edition (plus close to a billion dollars) and on Monday morning they can splash a headline above the fold saying "Will Dominion Also Steal 2024?"

And obviously it's going to be a structured settlement where the 3/4 a billion is going to be paid out over a period of time so long it will make J.G. Wentworth say "Jesus you guys are a bunch of crooks."

Doubt it. If they were willing to wait, they could have gone with the trial and appeals. They took the equivalent of a lump sum lottery payment rather than the annuities. And this number is many times what their company was worth, so I'm sure they and their couple dozen lawyers are celebrating.

It's good for them, but remains to be seen if it will have any effect on Fox or be good for the public.

Back
Top Bottom