• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald the Orange and Family Sued in NY

The dissolution of the Trump organization and sale of its assets is now fairly inevitable. Only the amounts for which it and Trump will be liable remain to be decided.
I think they should take the highest valuations he gave for properties he insured or took loans against, and charge him the tax that would be due if those figures were accurate. That would leave him and his progeny indebted paupers for life.

The judge's order is another in a long line of merciless takedowns that Trump's lawyers are known for receiving.

Engoron's Order

The lawyers were themselves fined for repeating frivolous arguments previously rejected.

The dissolution of the Trump organization and sale of its assets is now fairly inevitable. Only the amounts for which it and Trump will be liable remain to be decided.
I think they should take the highest valuations he gave for properties he insured or took loans against, and charge him the tax that would be due if those figures were accurate. That would leave him and his progeny indebted paupers for life.
I prefer a different formula, based on the 30,000 sq. ft. area he stated for his apartment, which has an actual size of 11,000 sq. ft. That's an almost 3:1 exaggeration (which, curiously enough, is the exact same ratio as when he told Melania in '04 that Little Donald was eight inches long.) I think the state should claim 11,000 sq. ft. and allow Donald to live in the 19,000 sq. ft. Now you've got to admit that's generous. How could Trump claim that was too small to live in? (As for Melania, she had to make do with Li'l Stubby.)

The judge's order is another in a long line of merciless takedowns that Trump's lawyers are known for receiving.

Engoron's Order

The lawyers were themselves fined for repeating frivolous arguments previously rejected.
This is GREAT reading!

IMG_0313.jpeg

It goes on with phrases like - fantasy land, egregious, obstreperous, page after page.

This judge has announced the “find out” phase has begun.

Sounds like the legal docs they've submitted are akin with anti-evolution posts at IIDB.

• Smile
Reactions: jab
Sounds like the legal docs they've submitted are akin with anti-evolution posts at IIDB.
It’s gotten to the point where the only loyerz he can hire are bottom of the class, bottom of the barrel clowns. He has like 2-3 “real” serious lawyers and an army of clowns. Judges don’t appreciate it.

And in other lawsuit news:

In May, New York passed a law giving adult sexual assault victims a one-time opportunity to file civil lawsuits, even if the statutes of limitations have long expired.
So a woman who accused Trump of rape is using that new law to open a new case against him.

How is that going to stand up to a constitutional challenge?
What are the grounds for a constitutional challenge?

The court protects against double jeopardy in criminal cases but not in civil cases.

It’s gotten to the point where the only loyerz he can hire are bottom of the class, bottom of the barrel clowns. He has like 2-3 “real” serious lawyers and an army of clowns. Judges don’t appreciate it.
At the end of the day, where Trump has failed is not in his ability to spot quality legal talent, but math.

Everyone - from the person trying to fight a traffic ticket, to the person getting divorced, to the corporation fighting a class action lawsuit - should be doing math. How much is this going to cost to hire a good lawyer to fight it vs how much is it going to cost if you lose?

Trump is akin to the "my cousin is a really good lawyer" type. Hey, Rudy Giuliani must be a good lawyer. He's famous! Sidney Powell won that high profile case I remember hearing about. She must be a good lawyer! Alina whatever her name is looks really good in a suit...she's gotta be good! I understand the appeal. In fact I made money in my old career marketing attorneys with the use of catchy jingles and (relatively) slick ads. Hey...that guy drives a Ferrari and has a catchy jingle. Everyone knows the phone number and the slogan! He's a winner!

At no point in this process has Trump (apparently) asked "how much is this going to cost me to fight it vs how much is it going to cost if I lose?" He's gone with the "high profile" attorneys over competency.

I don' t know about you, but I'd pick a competent attorney nobody's ever heard of over a famous litigator with a mixed record any day of the week. Because the famous one is going to get you a lot of coverage in the press, but the competent one is going to cover your ass.

That's just math.

I don' t know about you, but I'd pick a competent attorney nobody's ever heard of over a famous litigator with a mixed record any day of the week
Competent people expect to be paid. Grifters can earn simply off the theatre they cause.

At the end of the day, where Trump has failed is not in his ability to spot quality legal talent, but math.

Everyone - from the person trying to fight a traffic ticket, to the person getting divorced, to the corporation fighting a class action lawsuit - should be doing math. How much is this going to cost to hire a good lawyer to fight it vs how much is it going to cost if you lose?

Trump is akin to the "my cousin is a really good lawyer" type. Hey, Rudy Giuliani must be a good lawyer. He's famous! Sidney Powell won that high profile case I remember hearing about. She must be a good lawyer! Alina whatever her name is looks really good in a suit...she's gotta be good! I understand the appeal. In fact I made money in my old career marketing attorneys with the use of catchy jingles and (relatively) slick ads. Hey...that guy drives a Ferrari and has a catchy jingle. Everyone knows the phone number and the slogan! He's a winner!

At no point in this process has Trump (apparently) asked "how much is this going to cost me to fight it vs how much is it going to cost if I lose?" He's gone with the "high profile" attorneys over competency.

I don' t know about you, but I'd pick a competent attorney nobody's ever heard of over a famous litigator with a mixed record any day of the week. Because the famous one is going to get you a lot of coverage in the press, but the competent one is going to cover your ass.

That's just math.
I think that Trump's ego is so inflated that he cannot imagine not winning any challenge set before him. The bigger the stakes, the more impossible for him to imagine how it could go ...not his way. As for math, he's never had to bother with little things like that. He hires people to do that for him. And because he's hiring, they're obviously the best people. Proof that they are the best people is....that he hired them.

Sure, he tends to hire people who will do what he tells them to do and who will tell him only what he wants to hear. What's wrong with that? (obvious irony)

Has this crossed over the line to delusion? Sure. Does that mitigate any of his culpability? Nope. Would Donald fall apart if he ever, for an instant, admitted to himself that he was really guilty of so many counts of fraud? Yes.

Now, consider how much higher the stakes are for insurrection and treason. He'll never admit wrong doing, not even to himself in the most secret parts of his mind. He cannot. Mostly because he actually does know that he's wrong but he's still Donald J. Trump so how can he be wrong, when you come down to it?

Well, Donald Trump just wow'd the entire court by standing up and managing the opening statement himself. He quickly but thoroughly explained how he legally managed the values of his properties for loans and assessments in such a way, the judge dismissed the case and then remanded himself to the state ethics board for ever questioning Donald Trump.

He'll never admit wrong doing, not even to himself in the most secret parts of his mind.
I wonder … do any of our resident trumpsuckers even remember poo-pooing those of us who predicted that he would never concede the 2020 election regardless of the margin of his defeat? If so, they’re too cowardly to admit it. They aren’t going to admit his guilt in any of these criminal matters either, no matter how many juries and judges hear the evidence and find him guilty.

He'll never admit wrong doing, not even to himself in the most secret parts of his mind.
I wonder … do any of our resident trumpsuckers even remember poo-pooing those of us who predicted that he would never concede the 2020 election regardless of the margin of his defeat? If so, they’re too cowardly to admit it. They aren’t going to admit his guilt in any of these criminal matters either, no matter how many juries and judges hear the evidence and find him guilty.
Like W in 2006, not one in the US ever supported or voted for Donald Trump.

Back
Top Bottom