• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald Trump looks Old.

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
Trump's latest Mar a Lago press conference was as disastrous as Biden's debate performance. For one thing the Orange didn't look as orange to me. He looked whiter and pale. His eyes looked closer together and his face looked more wrinkled. His shoulders looked more slouched and he displayed a lot less energy. Quite frankly I was very surprised at the change and am wondering if anyone else noticed this.

I hadn't really been paying much attention to him, been more interested in his VP choice. Pundits are saying lots of things like he's lost his message because Harris is doing so well and polling so well. They're saying he's actively looking to shake up his staff to regain his lost edge. I have to admit it looks like all they're saying is true after watching the disastrous press conference.

Does anyone else notice this big change? I wonder if that shot in the ear he took in PA has had a real effect on him. If not then age is finally catching up to him because he looks weak and pale and tired. And that's a good thing in my view.

He IS old.

And I have it on good authority, from his own campaign team no less*, that America cannot afford to elect a doddering old man as President.

* Though since July 21 they have become suddenly muted about it
I get it but man does he look and act different. I was shocked. The energy is gone. He always used to say stupid shit but how he's certifiably delusional, inventing tales that make no sense. I honestly think all the adderall is having an effect. They say old druggies look terrible and never make it to 78 and that's Orange today. Where was his orange color? Has he been sitting around and forgot to apply his fake tan? I would not be surprised after watching that performance to see him not be the GOP nominee. He looked that bad and that different to me.

He IS old.

And I have it on good authority, from his own campaign team no less*, that America cannot afford to elect a doddering old man as President.

* Though since July 21 they have become suddenly muted about it
I get it but man does he look and act different. I was shocked. The energy is gone. He always used to say stupid shit but how he's certifiably delusional, inventing tales that make no sense. I honestly think all the adderall is having an effect. They say old druggies look terrible and never make it to 78 and that's Orange today. Where was his orange color? Has he been sitting around and forgot to apply his fake tan? I would not be surprised after watching that performance to see him not be the GOP nominee. He looked that bad and that different to me.
I've been wondering myself lately whether the Teaparty GOP still want him enough to weather the storm.

I don't see why they would.

Of course, if he got the heave ho from the GOP he'd blame them for the disaster.

I need to buy stocks in popcorn 🍿.
Tom

From what they say, the Republicans care deeply about democracy, so I don’t think they could countenance a replacement of their nominee without a new primary season, right?

He looked awful, not just physically, but mentally. He is continuing to deteriorate, and because of his mental illness and narcissism, he will never himself realize it. It was obvious he waltzed into that presser and was winging it as usual. He didn't know who Shapiro was. He didn't know who Walz was. Likewise, he still has no understanding of even basic governance or economics. It's all SO obvious, it's difficult to understand how others can possibly consider him a charismatic, intelligent, and godly, upstanding moral man.

He looked awful, not just physically, but mentally. He is continuing to deteriorate, and because of his mental illness and narcissism, he will never himself realize it. It was obvious he waltzed into that presser and was winging it as usual. He didn't know who Shapiro was. He didn't know who Walz was. Likewise, he still has no understanding of even basic governance or economics. It's all SO obvious, it's difficult to understand how others can possibly consider him a charismatic, intelligent, and godly, upstanding moral man.
Well, they don’t if you mean the power brokers of the (former)GOP. They see him as a brand, a cash cow who will be a figurehead until they decide to replace him, perhaps a year into a second term. But even his status as a figurehead seems to be fading. The crowds are much smaller than in the past and indeed, it is now only billionaires who are propping him up financially. Abd they definitely want a return on their investment. So do the Christofascists. I think he’s a dead man walking, perhaps literally.

I did listen briefly to his remarks during his last ‘press conference’ if you can call it that. When he talked of Biden being treated unfairly and pushed aside, he sounded as sincere as I think he is capable of sounding—as though he recognized the wrong done to his rival and felt a glimmer of something like empathy and recognition that this could be/will be his fate as well. It will be interesting if ( heaven forbid) he wins election, how long before he is officially shuffled off stage mostly because it will be interesting to see what kind of president Vance woukd be. Woukd he continue to parrot the vile politics of the billionaire overlords? Will he revert to talking about how horrible Trump and his bigotries are? His masters want their money’s worth.

It has been easy to be very self righteous about how corrupt the GOP has become but honestly, I think the Democrats have been fortunate to avoid being thoroughly corrupted by billionaires who want to call all the shots without having their actual names on the ballot.

We badly need to get money out of political contests. Public funded campaigns only with each party getting the same amount of money. And let’s not go overboard with the funding either. But let’s do be careful about press credentials.

it's difficult to understand how others can possibly consider him a charismatic, intelligent, and godly, upstanding moral man.
When you consider the caliber of his worshippers it isn't really so difficult. His worshippers tend to be emotionally driven, in a way as blind to their own narcissism as their orange god.

it's difficult to understand how others can possibly consider him a charismatic, intelligent, and godly, upstanding moral man.
When you consider the caliber of his worshippers it isn't really so difficult. His worshippers tend to be emotionally driven, in a way as blind to their own narcissism as their orange god.
I don't think it is fair to call all of the MAGAs as being 'emotionally driven' or 'narcissism.' Tim Walz has said what I've said for a long time: There are large numbers of people who, for various reasons, often reasons of geography, who feel as though the federal government has overlooked them or legislated against their interests. They don't feel heard. Here, there are plenty of posters who post disparagingly about people living in flyover country or indeed, outside of urban areas. Of course, there are those uber wealthy people who support Trump because he will favor policies which favor them: anti-environment, anti-labor, anti-taxes--for the wealthy. And of course, Trump appeals to the isolationists and those with internalized racism, homophobia and sexism.

I don't think it is fair to call all of the MAGAs as being 'emotionally driven' or 'narcissism.' Tim Walz has said what I've said for a long time: There are large numbers of people who, for various reasons, often reasons of geography, who feel as though the federal government has overlooked them or legislated against their interests. They don't feel heard. Here, there are plenty of posters who post disparagingly about people living in flyover country or indeed, outside of urban areas. Of course, there are those uber wealthy people who support Trump because he will favor policies which favor them: anti-environment, anti-labor, anti-taxes--for the wealthy. And of course, Trump appeals to the isolationists and those with internalized racism, homophobia and sexism.
I pretty much agree, of course with many exceptions. Some people, not all, feel as if they've been looked down on by the so called liberal coastal elites. What they don't realize is that the Democratic Party has done far more for them, compared to the Republican Party, so it is kind of hard to understand why they support a deranged man like Trump.

The only one who I know, who I've had private conversations with at my aerobics group, told me that Biden is allowing criminals to cross the border, so she's a big fan of Trump. She said she was a conservative, but I'm not sure she could even define that. But, all of her news comes from Newsmax and while she's a very nice, fun loving person, I guess she is easily manipulated by disinformation. She's not been at aerobics for over a month. Hopefully she is okay, but if she returns, I might just ask her if she still supports Trump after how he's been acting lately and telling obvious lies or delusional tales.

I've told friends that I'm not even sure the man knows his tales are lies. He's so mentally ill that he reminds me of a very delusional patient, who I cared for when I was working in long term care. The more I see Trump, the more he reminds of the "Queen". I've mentioned this some time ago, but my patient believed she was a queen and told me insanely delusional tales. As long as I didn't argue with her, she was happy and harmless. I see Trump as being similar. As long as people worship him as if he's some kind of king, he's satisfied. But, if you disagree, he become angry. and very offensive.

I watch almost the entire so called news conference and he did seem more delusional than he did in the past. I wasn't paying attention to his appearance, but his brain is obviously very damaged. It still amazes me that so many people were sucked into his cult.

Trump's latest Mar a Lago press conference was as disastrous as Biden's debate performance. For one thing the Orange didn't look as orange to me. He looked whiter and pale. His eyes looked closer together and his face looked more wrinkled. His shoulders looked more slouched and he displayed a lot less energy. Quite frankly I was very surprised at the change and am wondering if anyone else noticed this.

I hadn't really been paying much attention to him, been more interested in his VP choice. Pundits are saying lots of things like he's lost his message because Harris is doing so well and polling so well. They're saying he's actively looking to shake up his staff to regain his lost edge. I have to admit it looks like all they're saying is true after watching the disastrous press conference.

Does anyone else notice this big change? I wonder if that shot in the ear he took in PA has had a real effect on him. If not then age is finally catching up to him because he looks weak and pale and tired. And that's a good thing in my view.
At 78, if he wins, he'll be the oldest individual ever elected to the office. By comparison, the previous contender for the rank was Ronald Reagan. But Reagan was only 77 when he left office.

A recent news article described Harris and Walz as "the younger generation in Washington" and my eyes have never rolled so hard. She's 59, he's 60. They're getting mailings from the AARP and I'm supposed to see them as the Voice of the Youth? I don't hate old people, but I'm not going to pretend that I can't see the emperor's clothes, here. For a long time, the oldest American president had been Andrew Jackson, who was 61 when he took office...

For a long time, the oldest American president had been Andrew Jackson, who was 61 when he took office...
Yeah, well, when Jackson took office at 61, average US life expectancy (from birth) was 40- something iirc.
A person who was 20+ years younger than life expectancy back then, as Harris/Walz are today, would have been too young to hold the office.

Yeah, well, when Jackson took office at 61, average US life expectancy (from birth) was 40- something iirc.
A person who was 20+ years younger than life expectancy back then, as Harris/Walz are today, would have been too young to hold the office.
While that is true....

60 still isn't young. Dude.

Do you think their adult children invite them to Youth Group?

For a long time, the oldest American president had been Andrew Jackson, who was 61 when he took office...
sure, but those expectancies include a high infant mortality rate, right? It’s not a measure of how old old people got.

Do you think their adult children invite them to Youth Group?
If you restrict your vote to people whose adult children belong in a youth group, your only option this cycle will be Donald Trump.
:hysterical:
60 still isn't young. Dude.
It's a good two decades less than average live expectancy for a 60 yr old.
You certainly weren't going to get that any time prior to the 20th century.

As Matt gaetz would say; it’s now about how old you are, it’s about how old you are feeling up. I mean feeling.

Politesse is making me wonder... what was A.L.E. at the time when lower age limits were place on the presidency?
I suspect that a person of eligible age couldn't be expected to live too much beyond the 8 year/2 terms limit; A 40 year old male in 1850 could expect to live another 27 years or so...
It was, and remains, and old white male's world.

Back
Top Bottom