• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Drag Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if it is fake.. I haven't checked it, but you have. I just quickly browsed the net to hastily get an example. No worries - There are similar cases of children having/ wanting plastic surgery, which are real. The youngest I recall is a 9 year old on a doc, a few years back..

I do know of trans surgeries performed on teens, but can't say I have ever heard of breast implants for a pre-teen.

I do know of trans surgeries performed on teens, but can't say I have ever heard of breast implants for a pre-teen.
Breast implant are not medically advised until the breast development is done. It would take a pretty unethical doctor or a very rare situation for a medical professional to perform a breast implant on anyone under the age of 18.

No worries - There are similar cases of children having/ wanting plastic surgery, which are real. The youngest I recall is a 9 year old on a doc, a few years back..

There were lots of things I wanted when I was 9 years old.

Doesn't mean I got them. Quite the contrary, more often my parents giggled and rolled their eyes.
I had good parents.
Tom

Yes you're right Laughing D. . Breast implants for minors wouldn't be performed by any doctor, (being illegal) because they're not developed enough. It doesn't make sense at all of course (he says now).

The nine year old I was talking about had plastic surgery to adjust her facial features, influenced by her idols who were fashion models.
The pre-teens may wait a few years until they're older, unless they lose interest. They've been influenced nevertheless. I know some young children have cosmetic corrective surgery, which is a necessity.

Yes you're right. Breast implants for minors wouldn't be performed by any doctor, because of they're not developed enough. It doesn't make sense at all (he says now).

The nine year old I was talking about had plastic surgery to adjust her facial features, influenced by her idols who were fashion models.
The pre-teens may wait a few years until they're older, unless they lose interest. They've been influenced nevertheless.
Still sounds appalling to me.

I'm big on letting the kids develop on their own. When they're grown ups they can choose things for themselves.

I might still find their choices appalling, but they're adults and I'll just shut up about stuff that's none of my business.
Tom

No worries - There are similar cases of children having/ wanting plastic surgery, which are real. The youngest I recall is a 9 year old on a doc, a few years back..

There were lots of things I wanted when I was 9 years old.

Doesn't mean I got them. Quite the contrary, more often my parents giggled and rolled their eyes.
I had good parents.
Tom
Understood Tom.

I find it hysterical that ya'll are conflating a story-time setting for kids with a drag-show setting for adults.
Can you shoot a gun?
Can you talk to children?
If yes to both then, "How can you shoot guns at children!!?!?!?!!?pne"
I guess if a "drag queen" can't read a book without being sexual, then a gun owner can't own a gun without murdering thousands of children every day... of, um... course.
logical, huh?

Yes you're right Laughing D. . Breast implants for minors wouldn't be performed by any doctor, (being illegal) because they're not developed enough. It doesn't make sense at all of course (he says now).

The pre-teens may wait a few years until they're older, unless they lose interest. They've been influenced nevertheless. I know some young children have cosmetic corrective surgery, which is a necessity.
Given that medical ethics is involved, I would wager that virtually all plastic surgery performed on anyone under the age of 16 would be to correct facial deformities or to repair damage from accidents/burns. Additionally, surgery for things like deviated septa, or surgeries to correct jaw alignment or other similar surgeries to correct serious dental issues or jaw misalignments, etc. Of course, there are surgeries to correct cleft palates, and also sometimes to remove extra digits, vestigial tails, malformed ears, etc. Some of these 'cosmetic surgeries' are performed on very, very young children --even infants--in order to allow them to feed normally and to develop without delays in speech, etc.

Normally rhinoplasty is not performed until the nose is fully grown at around age 12-14. Otoplasty: pinning protruding ears back is performed on minors.

Sometimes a minor will undergo breast reduction surgery. Breasts which are too large for the person's frame can cause serious pain and back problems in addition to negative social consequences. Surgery to reduce breast tissue in cases of gynecomastia (breast development in males) is sometimes performed.

I did run across a story reported by multiple media outlets about a 9 year old Japanese girl whose mother urged her to consent to surgery on her eyelids 'to make her more beautiful' aka more western looking. In the US, anyone under 18 must have parental consent for surgery. This happened in Japan. I can't imagine this happening in the US.

Two of my children required orthodontia serious enough that surgical intervention was contemplated. The orthodontist advised waiting to see how jaws continued to grow and this proved the correct course of action. Both kids needed orthodontia but neither needed surgery.

Ethical physicians act in the best interests of the child's health, rather than parental vanity.

"facial deformities".. you mean like on a young boy that thinks they are supposed to be a young girl where their bone structure, lip thickness, and eye shape is just not quite feminine looking enough? That kind of "deformity"?
Eye of the beholder, and all that.. right?

"facial deformities".. you mean like on a young boy that thinks they are supposed to be a young girl where their bone structure, lip thickness, and eye shape is just not quite feminine looking enough? That kind of "deformity"?
WTF? From the context that any sober and literate adult could see, the reference to facial deformities refers to unnatural formations of the face not aesthetic yearnings.

I agree that society needs to be careful about sexualizing children. As others have observed, child beauty pageants are the place to start - they are much more prevalent and entrenched in our society.
I would say A place to start, and agree 100%.

But I wouldn't focus so much on starting with beauty pageants that we let new and bedazzled sexualization slip in the side door.

I'd agree that is an issue.

If uou are a certain way ten yiu now become compeled to take an identity that may or not be true.

That is the conservative argument. Gender discussions and images should be above a certainage. Kids may identify with what they are shown without an underlying cause.

I find it hysterical that ya'll are conflating a story-time setting for kids with a drag-show setting for adults.
Can you shoot a gun?
Can you talk to children?
If yes to both then, "How can you shoot guns at children!!?!?!?!!?pne"
I guess if a "drag queen" can't read a book without being sexual, then a gun owner can't own a gun without murdering thousands of children every day... of, um... course.
logical, huh?
More like... can you shoot a gun? Can you talk to children? Why don't you bring your guns to a library and read to children while fully and obviously armed?

What could go wrong with that, hey? Why would anyone object to an avid shooter showing up in full kit with several pistols and rifles to read stories to kids?

WTF? From the context that any sober and literate adult could see, the reference to facial deformities refers to unnatural formations of the face not aesthetic yearnings.
I'm kind of wondering if Gun Nut is already on holiday vacation and has been hitting the eggnog hard...

Given that medical ethics is involved
I would wager that virtually all plastic surgery performed on anyone under the age of 16 would be to correct facial deformities or to repair damage from accidents/burns. Additionally, surgery for things like deviated septa, or surgeries to correct jaw alignment or other similar surgeries to correct serious dental issues or jaw misalignments, etc. Of course, there are surgeries to correct cleft palates, and also sometimes to remove extra digits, vestigial tails, malformed ears, etc. Some of these 'cosmetic surgeries' are performed on very, very young children --even infants--in order to allow them to feed normally and to develop without delays in speech, etc.

Normally rhinoplasty is not performed until the nose is fully grown at around age 12-14. Otoplasty: pinning protruding ears back is performed on minors.

Sometimes a minor will undergo breast reduction surgery. Breasts which are too large for the person's frame can cause serious pain and back problems in addition to negative social consequences. Surgery to reduce breast tissue in cases of gynecomastia (breast development in males) is sometimes performed.

I did run across a story reported by multiple media outlets about a 9 year old Japanese girl whose mother urged her to consent to surgery on her eyelids 'to make her more beautiful' aka more western looking. In the US, anyone under 18 must have parental consent for surgery. This happened in Japan. I can't imagine this happening in the US.

Two of my children required orthodontia serious enough that surgical intervention was contemplated. The orthodontist advised waiting to see how jaws continued to grow and this proved the correct course of action. Both kids needed orthodontia but neither needed surgery.

Ethical physicians act in the best interests of the child's health, rather than parental vanity.
Medical ethics - ethical viewpoints (slight variants) like giving decisions made through compassionate ethics, based on the happiness of the child, in that, the regarding related procedure, that the child wants (permitted by the parents, and legal), is understood to be within all the acceptable requirements or medical parameters, - being safe to the child's, physical and psychological wellbeing, just as safe as it would be required to be, in any other everyday procedure.

Are you sure that there aren't any ethical medical professionals out there, who could view this differently, who wouldn't see this actually harmful?

Stating (what should be) the obvious - We need to be careful, how far this goes, depending what is exposed to young children, who can easily be influenced.

7- year old girl receives breast implants for Christmas
World News Daily Report (WNDR) is a satirical fake news website.

When you are dependent upon fictional material to support your prejudices, you really should take a long, hard, look at yourself.

If you're unable to tell whether what you are reading is fiction, despite the wikipedia entry for the website making its fictional character explicit in a single short sentence, that's a very big clue that you need to be a LOT more skeptical before believing, well, anything.

Your failure to check yourself has, as any objective analysis of your posting history here will show, caused you to wreck yourself.

You appear extremely resistant to living up to your username.

There are similar cases of children having/ wanting plastic surgery, which are real.
You will forgive any sane person for not taking your word for this, particularly in the light of the fact that the only evidence you've presented so far is an obviously nonsensical fake.

There are similar cases of children having/ wanting plastic surgery, which are real.
You will forgive any sane person for not taking your word for this, particularly in the light of the fact that the only evidence you've presented so far is an obviously nonsensical fake.
You're a bit late. I've acknowledged its fake. Sane, that you're suggesting you are, needs a little alertness oiling.
(I do too ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom