• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election Day In Alabama

This is Alabama. Lawyers there argue about if a married couple gets a divorce, are they still brother and sister?

Can you cite a case number?
69 I think.

This feels like a game of Jenga, and a block has been taken from the very bottom level and placed precariously on top of the stack. All that remains is to see the entire thing come crashing down.
Lets not get ridiculous. A Democrat beat a woefully awful Republican candidate that wasn't really backed by the GOP. We've seen this before, just not in such a red state. If I were Trump and the GOP, I'd be worried about his 49% approval in Alabama... which is why the Republicans are rushing to get this tax cut bill through Congress.

WE DID IT!!!!

I am so proud to say I am from Alabama. Doug Jones is an old friend and I am so proud of what we've done. We stopped that motherfucking cocksucking piece of shit Roy Moore.

SLD

:joy::joy::joy:

Good for you. :joy:

69 I think.

This feels like a game of Jenga, and a block has been taken from the very bottom level and placed precariously on top of the stack. All that remains is to see the entire thing come crashing down.
Lets not get ridiculous. A Democrat beat a woefully awful Republican candidate that wasn't really backed by the GOP. We've seen this before, just not in such a red state. If I were Trump and the GOP, I'd be worried about his 49% approval in Alabama... which is why the Republicans are rushing to get this tax cut bill through Congress.

Don't know if they'll succeed with that, but regardless - this isn't about one Senate seat, it's about El Cheato's loss of political capital.

69 I think.

Don't know if they'll succeed with that, but regardless - this isn't about one Senate seat, it's about El Cheato's loss of political capital.

I think it's about more than that. It's about the fact that the Dems can get enough people out voting to scratch out a win in Alabama, even though it was against a flawed candidate who basically threw the election. In the last Senate election, Sessions won by about 90% or so. When you combine that with what happened in Virginia and New Jersey, you've got the start of a trend.

People are angry and pissed off and that's translating into votes and the Dems are showing an ability to capitalize on this.

I think it's about more than that. It's about the fact that the Dems can get enough people out voting to scratch out a win in Alabama, even though it was against a flawed candidate who basically threw the election. In the last Senate election, Sessions won by about 90% or so. When you combine that with what happened in Virginia and New Jersey, you've got the start of a trend.

People are angry and pissed off and that's translating into votes and the Dems are showing an ability to capitalize on this.
Turnout was 40% which is very very high for special election.

This victory will help make America a bit smarter and energize the Democrats to give them hope that a flush handle is ready on this commode of Congress. Flush away!

Turnout was 40% which is very very high for special election.

Which argues for Tom's point IMO. This really could be a turning point.
Meanwhile, we have a recurrent situation with the tax debacle; if they pass it, it will be a boat anchor around their necks in the midterms, and if they don't - same thing. Not much different from Moore's lose-lose proposition.

I'm of the opposite mind. Doug Jones is preferable to Moore but doubt it will be of any lasting importance to the people actually living there. I think the significance of this election was largely symbolic but it took the national focus off of things that are far more important to the rest of us. Tax policy? Net Neutrality? Hello?

Did anyone see the poll breakdowns? We can now legitimate say that a solid majority of white people are pedophiles, while African-Americans are overwhelmingly against pedophilia.

If the races were flipped, this would be the part of the conversation where we speculate on what black mothers are doing wrong to make most African-Americans such horrible people, so it seems only fair to speculate on what white mothers are doing wrong that makes white people pedophiles.

Anyone got any ideas?

IL DOUCHEBAG said:
and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

It's sounds like he's calling for at least an assassination attempt against Jones.

Later,

ElectEngr

He's such an idiot and speaks so poorly that he could just as easily be conveying his ideas in a really clumsy way. Isn't that great?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/alabama-exit-polls/

68% of white voters voted for the pedophile. 30% of white voters voted against the pedophile.

So white people are 2:1 in favor of pedophilia.

Is Derec around?

Derec, what do you think white mothers are doing wrong that turns most white people into disgusting pedophiles by such overwhelming margins?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/alabama-exit-polls/

68% of white voters voted for the pedophile. 30% of white voters voted against the pedophile.

So white people are 2:1 in favor of pedophilia.

Is Derec around?

Derec, what do you think white mothers are doing wrong that turns most white people into disgusting pedophiles by such overwhelming margins?

Moore lost. Don't you think it's high time to stop pretending that he is a "pedophile" now. It served its purpose. You can drop it now.

Or alternatively, look up the word. It does not mean what you think it means.

- - - Updated - - -

IL DOUCHEBAG said:
and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

It's sounds like he's calling for at least an assassination attempt against Jones.

Later,

ElectEngr

Or maybe he understands that Jones only won the balance of Sessions' term and not a whole six year term. He'll be up for reelection in 2020.

I don’t know to what extent Charles Barkley got the black vote out (the guy’s an asshole) but if prominent sports figures can get folks to the polls next year, I’d love to see them out together standing against Trump et al.

Moore lost. Don't you think it's high time to stop pretending that he is a "pedophile" now. It served its purpose. You can drop it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Later,

ElectEngr

Or maybe he understands that Jones only won the balance of Sessions' term and not a whole six year term. He'll be up for reelection in 2020.

People use the word "pedophilia" as both a broad term covering narrower pedophilia and also hebephilia. People also use it just in a narrow age range. It's a valid way to use the term and one can tell which way it is being used from context. This usage exists and has existed for decades independent of the world of politics. Now stop being triggered by word usage. Unless you yourself like teenage girls, there is no reason you should have a vested interest in this understandable way that the word is used. OR you are the one being political, pretending you are not being so, perhaps even projecting your pretense onto others. Who knows. Who can honestly get into your head without you poopooing and jumping up and down with your anti-social accusatory posts.

Anyhoo, let's get back to the thread topic. Moore lost. That he lost by such a small margin says something about the people of Alabama. They have a warped view of politics in order for them to make election so close. Warped view of politics is because of misinformation about a lot of things, including even things outside politics such as race, religion, sex, etc. Inside politics: what's left? Economics?

Republicans clearly vote against their own interest but in Alabama they do it more.

I don’t know to what extent Charles Barkley got the black vote out (the guy’s an asshole) but if prominent sports figures can get folks to the polls next year, I’d love to see them out together standing against Trump et al.
I was curious, so I looked up some stats.

2016 General Election - Alabama (Trump 63% v Clinton 35%)
71% White (57% to 37% for Trump)
12% black (89% to 8% for Clinton)
11% latino
4% asian

2017 Special Election (Jones 49+ v Moore 48+)
66% White (68 to 30 for Moore)
29% black (96 to 4 for Jones)

I'll let put your eyes back in the sockets. The demographics had a massive change.

In 2012, the turnout was similar to the special election. The main difference was that most whites voted for Romney.

2012 General Election (Romney 61 v Obama 38)
68% White (84 to 15 for Romney)
28% black (95 to 4 for Obama)

So what does this tell us? That a lot of white people (relatively speaking) didn't support Moore. It dropped from 84% to 68%, which is substantial, when nearly every black vote goes to the Democrat in this Special Election. If looking to the youth for the Democrat future in Alabama, don't expect it, the breakdowns were about the same in 2012 and 2017.

The utmost head scratcher is that a lot more white women voted for Moore (+23%) than Trump (+9%).

Long story short, the Democrats have a shot at beating a woman molesting man running for Senator in a special election. If I was Jones, maybe think about running for Governor instead.

- - - Updated - - -
Hi

Later,

ElectEngr

So white people are pedophiles because white people are in denial?

Did your mother teach you to deny pedophilia like that? I'm trying to figure out what white mothers are doing wrong to turn white people into pedophile supporters like you.

Back
Top Bottom