• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite amazing, then, that the population of the kingdom is made up by about a quarter foreign nationals.

Yes it is amazing. I wonder why the Syrian "refugees" are not "desperately" pleading (demanding more like) for trains, planes and automobiles to transport them to the bosum of their muslim brothers. It's a fucking mystery so it is.

Saudi Arabia is a "good" country to go to if you are willing to forego all of your civil liberties for a limited time to save a few bucks, hopefully enough to open a small shop in your home country when you're finally expelled. It is definitely not a good place for people who've become targets of an autocratic regime for demanding civil liberties.

Quite amazing indeed that people who have to run for their lives fleeing either (a) a dictatorship that's after them for the crime of demanding civil liberties, or (b) lunatic sect trying to impose their particular interpretation of Islam on everybody by pain of death (or both) aren't particularly keen to go to one of the strictest autocratic regimes in the world where a lunatic sect is considered the state religion.

Another thing I never understood is why left-wing dissidents from fascist Italy didn't simply emigrate to Nazi Germany.

Quite amazing indeed that people who have to run for their lives fleeing

Running for their lives ?! LOL !! Too funny.

If you think it's so funny, try living in Syria for a while. You'll probably be able to crowdfund your stay there on this forum, so it's the easy setting because you don't have to make a living there on top of it.

To make it more funny, make sure to publicly express your disdain for both the Assad regime and IS at every opportunity.

Running for their lives ?! LOL !! Too funny.

If you think it's so funny, try living in Syria for a while. You'll probably be able to crowdfund your stay there on this forum, so it's the easy setting because you don't have to make a living there on top of it.

To make it more funny, make sure to publicly express your disdain for both the Assad regime and IS at every opportunity.

I will mot move to Syria until they legalise gay marriage. I will not be party to an institution that would criminalize my imaginary gay children. ! Never !

Jog on.

I will mot move to Syria until they legalise gay marriage. I will not be party to an institution that would criminalize my imaginary gay children. ! Never !

Jog on.

Don't make a fool of yourself. You've made it obvious in other threads that it'll be harder to convince you that gay marriage is right than to convince the average Afghan, let alone Syrian.

Quite amazing, then, that the population of the kingdom is made up by about a quarter foreign nationals.

The foreign nationals in SA are workers who have no prospect of gaining asylum or permanent residency. Once their work permit is up, they're kicked out. Perhaps Europe should try that?

Asylum in Saudi? That's on a par with Asylum in Gaza or Syria.

Jog on.

Even if Gay marriage was legal in Syria would it be worth the risk to go to such a war zone?

What would happen if Europe did let everyone in who wants to come?

I'm unconvinced that it would be bad for Europeans.
You are smoking something, aren't you?
As this is about the only rebuttal I get when I suggest this, I have to assume that there is no reason at all to think that I am wrong. You have a strong emotional impose that I must be wrong, but it is pure emotion (ie racism), with no thought behind it at all.
I'm even less convinced that it would be bad for those who want to go.
Nobody contests that.
Indeed; but neither do they give it much thought. If things are better to a sufficient degree for a sufficient number of people, then that offsets any slight worsening of the situation for a small number of people. (Not that we have anything other than emotional assumptions that such worsening might occur).

Even if allowing unrestricted migration was to cause a small amount of harm to a small number of Europeans, it would still be a good idea if it causes a big benefit for a large number of non-Europeans - but only as long as you agree that non-Europeans are people.

Yes, that's what I said. But US had been in similar situation Europe is in. During Central America civil wars they allowed large number of refugees from there, the result is this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13 thing.
They utterly failed to integrate these people, but they had no way to select who enters.

The causes of violent criminal gangs in the US has a lot more to do with the insane 'War on Drugs' than it has to do with immigration.

To suggest that accepting refugees from Central America is the major cause of the existence of MS-13 is a huge stretch. But one that appeals to those who start from the assumption that migrants and refugees must be dangerous.

Refugee populations always contain black hats, usually a fair number of them taking advantage of the situation.

The causes of violent criminal gangs in the US has a lot more to do with the insane 'War on Drugs' than it has to do with immigration.

To suggest that accepting refugees from Central America is the major cause of the existence of MS-13 is a huge stretch. But one that appeals to those who start from the assumption that migrants and refugees must be dangerous.

Refugee populations always contain black hats, usually a fair number of them taking advantage of the situation.

Unless you have evidence that the proportion of 'black hats' is greater amongst refugee populations than amongst populations in general, AND evidence that this is a sufficient population to be worth harming the very large number of innocents in order to exclude them, then this is a red herring.

Loren red herrings are also frequently flagged by the inappropriate use of stupid slang terms like 'black hats', used to imply something nasty, but maintain plausible deniability when called on it. If you lack the testicular fortitude to accuse people you have never met of being terrorists, on the chance that your unreasonable claim might be refuted, then simply call them 'black hats', so that if terrorism is ruled out, you can fall back on any questionable acts by anyone - after all, every sufficiently large sample of humanity contains people who are not squeaky clean.

Your use of slang disgusts me. Life is not a Hollywood comedy drama.

Every European country should make a firm committment to take in as many refugees as Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

Scale it for the size of their native populations.

- - - Updated - - -

Some sources claim that Saudi Arabia has informally accepted half a million Syrians since 2011 but without declaring them as refugees - with 200,000 additional residencies issued to Syrian nationals and an estimated 300,000 who entered on tourist visas but never left.

It's still shameful that they won't accept anyone as refugees - but expected. They haven't even signed the Geneva convention, so hey. Saying that we shouldn't accept anyone until they do is like saying that we should have the death penalty for apostasy from Christianity as long as they have the death penalty for apostasy from Islam.

I don't know about you guys, but I want to live in a society that thrives to be one of the best, not one that models itself after the worst.

I found this article but perhaps more searching is required:
http://www.infowars.com/saudi-arabi...3-million-people-yet-has-taken-zero-refugees/

Saudi Arabia Has 100,000 Air Conditioned Tents That Can House 3 Million People Sitting Empty Yet Has Taken Zero Refugees

While Europe takes the burden of the migrant crisis

I am sure this is true. Why would Saudi wish to ruin its reputation as an upstanding pillar on human rights by taking people in.

Don't waste our time with infowars.com

The "black hats" are already in Europe. The "refugees" are just reinforcements.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

You are smoking something, aren't you?
As this is about the only rebuttal I get when I suggest this, I have to assume that there is no reason at all to think that I am wrong. You have a strong emotional impose that I must be wrong, but it is pure emotion (ie racism), with no thought behind it at all.

You did not get rebuttal because nobody took you serious.

That's hardly my problem.

Perhaps unthinking dismissal was the wrong response; but you will never know unless you try a different approach.

Not realising that you are wrong is a very different thing from not being wrong.

That's hardly my problem
Who said it was your problem?
Perhaps unthinking dismissal was the wrong response; but you will never know unless you try a different approach.

Not realising that you are wrong is a very different thing from not being wrong.
I am not following you here.

Scale it for the size of their native populations.

- - - Updated - - -

Some sources claim that Saudi Arabia has informally accepted half a million Syrians since 2011 but without declaring them as refugees - with 200,000 additional residencies issued to Syrian nationals and an estimated 300,000 who entered on tourist visas but never left.

It's still shameful that they won't accept anyone as refugees - but expected. They haven't even signed the Geneva convention, so hey. Saying that we shouldn't accept anyone until they do is like saying that we should have the death penalty for apostasy from Christianity as long as they have the death penalty for apostasy from Islam.

I don't know about you guys, but I want to live in a society that thrives to be one of the best, not one that models itself after the worst.

I found this article but perhaps more searching is required:
http://www.infowars.com/saudi-arabi...3-million-people-yet-has-taken-zero-refugees/

Saudi Arabia Has 100,000 Air Conditioned Tents That Can House 3 Million People Sitting Empty Yet Has Taken Zero Refugees

While Europe takes the burden of the migrant crisis

I am sure this is true. Why would Saudi wish to ruin its reputation as an upstanding pillar on human rights by taking people in.

Don't waste our time with infowars.com
1. Saudi Arabia 0
2. Barhain 0
3. Qatar 0
4. Kuwait 0
5. UAE 0
6. Oman 0
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/604373/Refugee-crisis-Arab-nations-fail-Syrian-refugees

Meanwhile an update on the 100,000 air conditioned tents, The latest figure is NIL
There again if I were from those states I would probably say the US and European voted in governments of these countries caused the conflict in Syria and they should fix it.
However riding on the back of the refugees coming in are economic migrants and perhaps one or 2 from ISIS
The European governments will do nothing until it is too late.

Unless you have evidence that the proportion of 'black hats' is greater amongst refugee populations than amongst populations in general, AND evidence that this is a sufficient population to be worth harming the very large number of innocents in order to exclude them, then this is a red herring.

Loren red herrings are also frequently flagged by the inappropriate use of stupid slang terms like 'black hats', used to imply something nasty, but maintain plausible deniability when called on it. If you lack the testicular fortitude to accuse people you have never met of being terrorists, on the chance that your unreasonable claim might be refuted, then simply call them 'black hats', so that if terrorism is ruled out, you can fall back on any questionable acts by anyone - after all, every sufficiently large sample of humanity contains people who are not squeaky clean.

Your use of slang disgusts me. Life is not a Hollywood comedy drama.

It is ISIS that is claiming the terrorists who are coming in. Any real terrorists coming in will be small in number but you only need a handful to cause havoc using modern technology. This is why Europe must again protect its borders in the name of common sense over its current asinine policies.
It's very easy to get into Europe. While there are legitimate refugees many of those coming in are not even applying for asylum. Hence these by their own actions are not seeking protection. On camera they will admit they are seeking better prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom