• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK is soon to vote on BREXIT. I think it is most likely that the electorate will vote to stay, The exit would take a few years to conclude. Hopefully the UK could enact tougher laws on immigration while still allowing asylum seekers to be processed.

Latest polling is suggesting the stays will win narrowly .

I think unfortunately the British will vote that way but the Europhiliacs are not make love with each other yet. At the moment there seems to be a lead in some polls for Britain to stay.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...erendum-brexit-polls-janet-yellen-speech-live

Unfortunately a few sheeple swing voters may panic and decide to stay in.

Latest polling is suggesting the stays will win narrowly .

I think unfortunately the British will vote that way but the Europhiliacs are not make love with each other yet. At the moment there seems to be a lead in some polls for Britain to stay.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...erendum-brexit-polls-janet-yellen-speech-live

I met my Hungarian ex-wife thanks to the EU. That's some Europhilia for you. I Europhilia'd all over her face, neck and chest many times.

If Brexit happens, EU is pretty much going to go into a death spriral as every other anti-EU party in Europe will try to secede as well. I seriously hope the brits will come to their senses before the vote.

I met my Hungarian ex-wife thanks to the EU. That's some Europhilia for you. I Europhilia'd all over her face, neck and chest many times.

I thought you'd like that one. I met my Filipina wife in Hong Kong at a barbeque, thanks to my contract there. This must be Philiphilia.

If Brexit happens, EU is pretty much going to go into a death spriral as every other anti-EU party in Europe will try to secede as well. I seriously hope the brits will come to their senses before the vote.

The anti EU parties want to secede anyway. If the Brits come to their senses they will vote to leave. The UK is a big customer for Eu products and a major trading partner with the USA, and China so the scaremongering about economic downturn can only be termed as political dick-wagging how great it is to stay while Greece, Spain, Italy, Ireland have to adopt strict austerity measures to prevent totally bankruptcy.

The anti EU parties want to secede anyway. If the Brits come to their senses they will vote to leave. The UK is a big customer for Eu products and a major trading partner with the USA, and China so the scaremongering about economic downturn can only be termed as political dick-wagging how great it is to stay while Greece, Spain, Italy, Ireland have to adopt strict austerity measures to prevent totally bankruptcy.
Uk can probably manage economically. It's the rest of the EU that will begin to crumble.

Uk can probably manage economically. It's the rest of the EU that will begin to crumble.

The Tories can always disguise any unemployment figures by encouraging industry to put more people on zero contracts. I think some European countries should still do well while others will face difficulties such as Greece, Ireland, Spain etc.

The Tories can always disguise any unemployment figures by encouraging industry to put more people on zero contracts. I think some European countries should still do well while others will face difficulties such as Greece, Ireland, Spain etc.

Especially with the millions of migrants going straight on to welfare. Something's gotta give. Either raise more taxes to payfor the huge welfare budget, or more austerity measures. In the long term, it will be the Europeans themselves who will pay the bill!

Especially with the millions of migrants going straight on to welfare. Something's gotta give. Either raise more taxes to payfor the huge welfare budget, or more austerity measures. In the long term, it will be the Europeans themselves who will pay the bill!

Many migrants will work but some European countries such as Greece are already under imposed Austerity measures. It also means building more towns and housing. In this we would have to be stricter to only allow asylum seekers and migrants with work permits and a contract.

Stopping immigration would cost the UK money. At least, according to that notoriously pinko rag, the Financial Times. https://next.ft.com/content/c49043a8-6447-11e4-b219-00144feabdc0

Don't you ever check to see if something is true before saying it? Or do you enjoy being openly foolish?

Stopping immigration would cost the UK money. At least, according to that notoriously pinko rag, the Financial Times. https://next.ft.com/content/c49043a8-6447-11e4-b219-00144feabdc0

Don't you ever check to see if something is true before saying it? Or do you enjoy being openly foolish?

That reminds me of another country:

Chart 10.14.1: Relative cost per person for 12 months in detention, 2013

chart10-14-1.png

http://www.ncoa.gov.au/report/appendix-vol-2/10-14-illegal-maritime-arrival-costs.html

According to fascist logic, no cost is too high as long as it doesn't fall under "welfare".

Is UK immigration policy representative of EU in general? I don't think so.

tumblr_noqwg2IQ9M1tikv1ko1_1280.png

View attachment 7091

Come, come. Very amusing =- I mean your attitude.

There is not ONE immigrant in the EU but, say, 1 million. Half a million "stealing" jobs and half a million "lazing around."

View attachment 7091

The UKIP is also committed to helping asylum seekers. The debate is therefore surrounding economic migrants and illegal immigrants and the right of the UK to determine how it handles immigration without rulings by Brussels.

The UK has unemployment issues but the figures are disguised with zero contracts. There is always room for migrants who fit vacancies and can come in on a work visa obtained with a contract of employment. It does not need huge numbers of people (apart from asylum seekers) pouring in that are greater than our ability to invest in new housing, education and transportation. (For every 100.000 coming in, that's a lot of buses).

Of course an individual migrant cannot be on welfare and stealing jobs at the same time which is certainly not suggested in any literature of speeches.

Last edited:
Hans Rosling debates Angelo

https://youtu.be/Oxxx03_JHlM

Correct me if I am wrong. He is saying that countries such as India and Nigeria are doing better now, then why would many be leaving as economic refugees.
At 19 secs. he seems to imply people coming from poor countries as refugees. Then we are talking about allowing 100s of millions in. Hans should visit India and then he will realize the streets are filled with people unaffected by India's economic growth. Well it has a big economy because it has a lot of people.

I think he is very educated but in some ways a little foolish given what I saw. As the Germany saying goes, "Educated fools exceed all fools".

That reminds me of another country:

Chart 10.14.1: Relative cost per person for 12 months in detention, 2013

chart10-14-1.png

http://www.ncoa.gov.au/report/appendix-vol-2/10-14-illegal-maritime-arrival-costs.html
Interesting graph. You wouldn't also happen to have a graph comparing the strengths of the incentives each of those options gives a migrant to make his way to Indonesia and pay a smuggler for a spot on an overcrowded boat, would you?

According to fascist logic, no cost is too high as long as it doesn't fall under "welfare".
Sorry, never mind. My question wasn't an ad hominem strawman, so I take it it's not the sort of question you're here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom