• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you want to learn more about the world, you could start by searching out more balanced sources.

The stuff you link? You need to want to believe it really badly in order not to realise it's implausible propaganda before reaching half of the first sentence.
You mean just the apologist sources?

Perhaps you should put a little effort in finding reputable sources? That will help.

On that topic. Why don't you think BBC is a reputable source? As far as I know there is no news source with a better reputation. You reject BBC news while believing pretty obvious far-right and racist web pages. Why?

Far right Web sites have for a long time critisized the low ceiling of opinion and the PC skewing of the established media. Yet, each time there's a review of the media we find that there is no pro-immigration pro-multiculturalism PC skewing of mainsteam medias presentation of the data.. Not in Sweden anyway. But the far-rights critique persists. There is no pc establishment covering up and lying about Muslim over representation in the rape statistic. All the research shows its just a false claim. Anybody can prove anything by cherry picking data. Which is what the racist sites you are linking to are doing. Yes, they are racist. It's pretty obvious IMHO.
I see. Shoot the messenger???

Perhaps you should put a little effort in finding reputable sources? That will help.

On that topic. Why don't you think BBC is a reputable source? As far as I know there is no news source with a better reputation. You reject BBC news while believing pretty obvious far-right and racist web pages. Why?

The BBC has a substantial pro-Muslim bias--not surprising given how many of their audience is Muslim. Telling the truth would cost them a lot of eyeballs.
The same with "our ABC, " here. Way to the left and Green causes is their specialty.

I don't think the point of the picture was skin color, but what condition they are in.

SO refugees have to be in a certain condition to be refugees? Should they wait until they look really fucked up before the become real refugees? You people have gone full retard.
You obviously have no idea what a real refugee is do you? There's a world of difference between a refugee and an economic migrant who country shops.

http://bbcwatch.org/2015/10/29/terrorist-motorist-its-all-the-same-to-the-bbcs-kevin-connolly/

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the point of the picture was skin color, but what condition they are in.

SO refugees have to be in a certain condition to be refugees? Should they wait until they look really fucked up before the become real refugees? You people have gone full retard.

The point is they don't look like people fleeing something really bad.

What do people fleeing something really bad look like, Loren?

If Las Vegas had to be evacuated - say the Yellowstone caldera erupted, and you had ten hours to leave before the ash cloud arrived and buried the whole city; so you pack up your most treasured portable possessions - you grab your iPhone, your newest and best clothes, perhaps a couple of laptops - you load them into your late model SUV and you drive off down the interstate with 600,000 of your closest buddies. Heading south through Phoenix and El Paso, you reach safety in Chihuahua. Should the Mexicans refuse to help you on the grounds that you have a nice vehicle, smart clothes and a few electronic gadgets, thereby proving that you could happily have stayed put in Las Vegas?

Just because someone whose home in Aleppo was being shelled by artillery decided to grab his iPhone, or fled wearing some nice clothes he bought before war came to his hometown, that is no indication that he had no need to flee.
But if he then went on to Mexico City because it has a better welfare system, that's country shopping.

http://bbcwatch.org/2015/10/29/terrorist-motorist-its-all-the-same-to-the-bbcs-kevin-connolly/

- - - Updated - - -

If Las Vegas had to be evacuated - say the Yellowstone caldera erupted, and you had ten hours to leave before the ash cloud arrived and buried the whole city; so you pack up your most treasured portable possessions - you grab your iPhone, your newest and best clothes, perhaps a couple of laptops - you load them into your late model SUV and you drive off down the interstate with 600,000 of your closest buddies. Heading south through Phoenix and El Paso, you reach safety in Chihuahua. Should the Mexicans refuse to help you on the grounds that you have a nice vehicle, smart clothes and a few electronic gadgets, thereby proving that you could happily have stayed put in Las Vegas?

Just because someone whose home in Aleppo was being shelled by artillery decided to grab his iPhone, or fled wearing some nice clothes he bought before war came to his hometown, that is no indication that he had no need to flee.
But if he then went on to Mexico City because it has a better welfare system, that's country shopping.

Really? Because last time I looked at a map, Chihuahua and Mexico City were in the same country. :confused2:

If you want to learn more about the world, you could start by searching out more balanced sources.

The stuff you link? You need to want to believe it really badly in order not to realise it's implausible propaganda before reaching half of the first sentence.
You mean just the apologist sources?

All you rely on are apologist sites of Western aggression that has gone on non-stop for decades in the ME.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Because last time I looked at a map, Chihuahua and Mexico City were in the same country. :confused2:
Quick to jump aren't you! I used that as an example. Okay, he went on to a Central American country because there is a better welfare system than in Mexico! It's still just an example!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick to jump aren't you! I used that as an example. Okay, he went on to a Central American country because there is a better welfare system than in Mexico! It's still just an example!

If you don't wish to appear a fool, then you need to stop saying foolish things. There's no sense complaining about people pointing out your mistakes; if you don't make them, then they won't get pointed out.

I asked a question of Loren; You could quite reasonably have not replied at all; if you felt the need to reply, you could have not tried to change the subject (I asked "What do people fleeing something really bad look like?", a question that has nothing at all to do with where they end up, or whether they are 'country shopping'); But given that you were moved to reply, and for no obvious reason to change the subject, it seems a little silly for you to then make a gross error, and then double down by whinging when called on it.

So there was more programmes about Islam following 9/11. And that's their critique!!! After 9/11 Islam was more interesting IMHO. Not to join. But in general.

Swedish public service media gets the same critique. The problem is that reality is very pro-immigration. It's almost impossible not to make a profit (financially) from immigration. So any expert in the field will say this. Many non-experts worry about the huge cost of immigration, and when experts don't confirm their erroneous biases it's evidence of a pro-immigration multi-cultural-liberal-gay conspiracy.

edit: A country's balance report is complicated, and it's easy to make a net boon look as a net bane simply by misrepresenting/misunderstanding a couple of things. This is the source of this debate.

Last edited:

We've had the same debate in Sweden. The argument goes something like this, "these aren't refugees, they're economic migrants. They want to move here so they can afford our fancy schmancy life stile, that that mobile phone they have been coveting. Oh, look they already have mobile phones. They aren't poor, so they're..." this is where I can't follow their (retarded) argumentation.

Either they're poor and uneducated and therefore shouldn't come. Or they're wealthy and educated and therefore don't deserve to come. Sometimes racists are just too transparent.

We've had the same debate in Sweden. The argument goes something like this, "these aren't refugees, they're economic migrants. They want to move here so they can afford our fancy schmancy life stile, that that mobile phone they have been coveting. Oh, look they already have mobile phones. They aren't poor, so they're..." this is where I can't follow their (retarded) argumentation.

Either they're poor and uneducated and therefore shouldn't come. Or they're wealthy and educated and therefore don't deserve to come. Sometimes racists are just too transparent.

Don't forget the Schroedinger's Migrant, who is in a superimposed waveform state whereby he is simultaneously here to steal our jobs, and to mooch off our unemployment benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't wish to appear a fool, then you need to stop saying foolish things. There's no sense complaining about people pointing out your mistakes; if you don't make them, then they won't get pointed out.

I asked a question of Loren; You could quite reasonably have not replied at all; if you felt the need to reply, you could have not tried to change the subject (I asked "What do people fleeing something really bad look like?", a question that has nothing at all to do with where they end up, or whether they are 'country shopping'); But given that you were moved to reply, and for no obvious reason to change the subject, it seems a little silly for you to then make a gross error, and then double down by whinging when called on it.
Fuck me dead! It was a fucking example!!! What is it about using an example you don't get? I was pointing out that these freeloaders, country shop for who has the better welfare system. A genuine refugee would just be happy to get out of the place that's persecuting him. [More than 70% are single males between the ages of 25-35] Not country shop!

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck me dead! It was a fucking example!!! What is it about using an example you don't get? I was pointing out that these freeloaders, country shop for who has the better welfare system. A genuine refugee would just be happy to get out of the place that's persecuting him. [More than 70% are single males between the ages of 25-35] Not country shop!

Yeah, I got that.

What I don't get is what the fuck it has to do with my question - a question that wasn't even directed to you?

You gave a poorly thought out non-example of something that illustrates a (rather silly, and certainly irrelevant) point that is unrelated to my post.

Did you expect it to be greeted as some wonderful revelation?

Far right Web sites have for a long time critisized the low ceiling of opinion and the PC skewing of the established media. Yet, each time there's a review of the media we find that there is no pro-immigration pro-multiculturalism PC skewing of mainsteam medias presentation of the data.. Not in Sweden anyway. But the far-rights critique persists. There is no pc establishment covering up and lying about Muslim over representation in the rape statistic. All the research shows its just a false claim. Anybody can prove anything by cherry picking data. Which is what the racist sites you are linking to are doing. Yes, they are racist. It's pretty obvious IMHO.
I see. Shoot the messenger???

That's your explanation to why you don't trust the BBC?

It's 2015, having a cellphone does not mean you are millionaire.
And being educated does not mean you can't be economic migrant.

Did you notice how he arrived at the figure? By assuming every refugee brings an average of 4 family members through family reunification schemes. If you want to maintain your other favorite complaint about how they are all horny single men, you should object those estimations if you want to be consistent.

Another case of Schrödinger's immigrant - the single young men who are coming to take our women, who are also married and going to bring their families if we let them stay.

Did you notice how he arrived at the figure? By assuming every refugee brings an average of 4 family members through family reunification schemes. If you want to maintain your other favorite complaint about how they are all horny single men, you should object those estimations if you want to be consistent.

Another case of Schrödinger's immigrant - the single young men who are coming to take our women, who are also married and going to bring their families if we let them stay.

The Eu is failing to distinguish between economic migrants and refugees

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Tory-MP-claims-people-pretending-Syrian.html

'Likewise, we have people in this country who have come here, claimed asylum and then they go back on holiday in the places where they've claimed asylum from

Of course more figures are required but in such instances why would they be going back if they did flee in the first place.

The Eu is failing to distinguish between economic migrants and refugees

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Tory-MP-claims-people-pretending-Syrian.html

'Likewise, we have people in this country who have come here, claimed asylum and then they go back on holiday in the places where they've claimed asylum from

Of course more figures are required but in such instances why would they be going back if they did flee in the first place.

Your post bears no relation to the post you're ostensibly replying to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom