• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
Well done, team!

And a big hearty congrats to the entire team! With the 6am update today, we officially crashed through the 1 BILLION point mark!

:cheer::hylidae::clapping::beers::yes::triumphant:

We're the 165th team to reach this level and it looks like the Gentoo Linux Users Everywhere team will be next. They're within 10 million points and like us, averaging about 1 million/day. The team between them and us is closer, only about 1.2M points back, but only averaging 40k/day.

I still wish the work I was doing on my phone would count, but at least it's going for science. The Android client just measures time spent, nothing about WUs or points, and it only works when at 100% battery, on a charger, and connected to wi-fi.

I think the prediction function is someone's idea of a joke... A tease.

I noticed my next level was going to be achieved on my wedding anniversary. The next day, not until two months after. Then a month after. Then, for a month, it was steady at three weeks after... Then the day after, The DAY!, THE DAY BEFORE! ...a month after... Two weeks after...

The suspense is killing me. Maybe some intern found a way to tweak it, based on how good their date was last night...

So here it is 6/21 and everybody in the kingdom seems to be overtaking us.

Whoops.

My systems is working just fine thank you very much.

So if those behind aren't going at over 1.1 million a day they are going to stay behind us for some time to come.

Put another way:

Whoop , whoop. Got home, started it up. It's working just like it did when I shut it down to attend my grandnephew's graduation fr UC Irvine in ORANGE COUNTY! (gitta rope?)

Two things:

I only recently started to participate and apperently entered a wrong key, now I seem to be folding for some "Occidental College" or other instead of you guys. Anyone knows how to change this?

Is there a way to set a (low) priority for the FAH client such that it will yield processor access when other work needs to be done? I'd like to keep it running while doing programming work, but I have to shut it down (and typically forget to turn it back on) because any attempts at benchmarking become useless while it's running.

I think a reinstall will be your safest bet, so that you can choose Team 34395. And yes, most folders set it to run in the background, always with the lowest priority on CPU claims. It's been a while since I've installed the client, so I don't recall the exact details, and they likely have updated the installer anyway.

Two things:

I only recently started to participate and apperently entered a wrong key, now I seem to be folding for some "Occidental College" or other instead of you guys. Anyone knows how to change this?

Is there a way to set a (low) priority for the FAH client such that it will yield processor access when other work needs to be done? I'd like to keep it running while doing programming work, but I have to shut it down (and typically forget to turn it back on) because any attempts at benchmarking become useless while it's running.
Advanced controls is the interface you are looking for

I believe guidance tells us that if we use the wrong key those points are lost to the team to which you want to assign them. Correct your key and live with the result. In my case it was a mere 3600 points which rapidly trends toward less than one percent as totals increase past a million.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/fromderinside

Welcome to the team, Jokodo! Nice to have you aboard. And you're already onto page 2 of the team stats page, I see. Just another 3k+ and you'll be in the top 150 contributors to the team.

And Jokodo moves into the top 150 team members! Congratulations, and thank you!

Depends. If you become a gamer you will pass me toot sweet. I'm at the far end of my tenure with my 1080. If I endure long enough to make 1 geg I will definitely stop. Probably though I'll stop when my boy decides to get serious about robots for the elderly. My wish.

bilby can claim he's responsible for motivating performance from the time of my boast that I'd catch him by June 2017 in August or September 2016 when he said not likely or some such thing. I won't do that to you lad. Enjoy folding.

Ooooh. Jokodo at 92. Good do. You.

I'll never catch up with you though...

Never say never. ;)

We lost power at work around 2pm yesterday, so I lost 16+ hours of work on 2 machines. Definitely cost me a couple thousand points. Oh well, back at it again today.

I'm neither admin of a server, nor enough of a gamer to have any need for a high-end GPU. My machines just need to be good enough to write and test code, and I'll typically upgrade on memory before I upgrade on processing.

'fraid there's no way I can catch up.

Never say never. ;)

We lost power at work around 2pm yesterday, so I lost 16+ hours of work on 2 machines. Definitely cost me a couple thousand points. Oh well, back at it again today.

I'm neither admin of a server, nor enough of a gamer to have any need for a high-end GPU. My machines just need to be good enough to write and test code, and I'll typically upgrade on memory before I upgrade on processing.

'fraid there's no way I can catch up.

Time ... it's the main reason I'm as high up as I am. I have no high-end GPUs working on these either. I'd thought about getting the client downloaded on my son's PS4, but just have never gotten around to it. I just have 3 machines chugging away slowly. On one of them I have Chrome open with just the one tab working on WUs. They only net 125 points at a time, but I get several of those each 3 hour update, so that's a couple thousand points a day just from that. Sure, without any upgrades, there's no way you or I will catch up to our other active producers, but we'll both keep moving up past the inactive folks, and it's all for science in the end. I figure my contributions, while small, are still helpful and don't really cost me anything to do.

Back
Top Bottom