• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
Unable to fold at this time. :(
spouse ejected me from our domicile
unlikely to fold anytime in the near future and maybe for a very long time

Unable to fold at this time. :(
spouse ejected me from our domicile
unlikely to fold anytime in the near future and maybe for a very long time

Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.

And in other bad news which really doesn't compare to the above, I noticed that we've dropped out of the top 300 teams, though I'm encouraged by a slight surge in production the last couple of days.

Because I've been slacking, here once again is the link to our team stats.

That slight surge in production is down to me moving my office over the Christmas break; I now have more space for hardware, and so a couple of laptops that were gathering dust in the corner of the old office are now plugged in and folding.

It took me until a few days ago to get around to installing FAH client on them. (In one case, I had to wipe the HDD and install a new OS - it's running Linux Mint now).

This has increased my points per day about tenfold.

I still have a couple more spare machines kicking around, but they need some repairs before they can boot, so it may be a while before they come online - if they ever do.

After weeks of not getting any work, suddenly three laptops had assignments. I hope that means that there is hope for my two best computers as well. It's months since they had any work packets.

My son fired up a few computers I gave him a while back for his computerized teaching for second language learners at middle school. Now he has a lot more computers than he needs so ..... He says he's doing it to help out here on godless folding.

I'm thinking he's bored.

He's succeeded in getting up at least two of the twelve computers folding. Eight are Linux computers on a server which are balking. He says another two seem to be working but I don't see results yet. We know our limit is eight so we'll have to take down a few if we want to use six of the eight multi-core-multi-threading threading intels on the server if he gets it working.

We'll take what we can get and right now it looks overall like about 40 k a day.

Don't you just love sons?

Fixed a problem with the gpu slot on my second laptop; should get another 1,500 - 2,000 points per day out of that.

I've got to learn how to have the GPU do something. I think I'm still just using my spare CPU cycles.

Anywho, I'm just excited to have recently gone through the 2 million point mark! The team is doing well lately, it's been nice seeing us back on an upward trend again. Good job, everyone!

In the downside, my oldest laptop has finally ingested enough dog hair to kill the cooling fan, and it's not worth the effort to replace it on such a weedy machine, so it's going in the bin (or rather, to a mate who recycles old electronics for their precious metal content).

On the upside, I now have an excuse to buy a new laptop - one I finish paying for the wedding of the century.

It was only a clapped out dual-core Compaq, so it probably won't make a huge dent in my productivity.

My boy brought one of his gaming machines online using GPUs and the results are un-believe-able. Our results are beginning to resemble those of Schrodinger's Outlaw!!

So I see! Most impressive. I've really got to get my son's PS4 online!

Yes, pretty impressive! Looks like we're actually moving back up the list of teams again! We'll have to see if this is sustainable for us.

holy poopies.. My latest fold says it'll take me ten days to finish.

Put that one aside Keith&Co. Were you hurt when bigfield whizzed by? Can we be of assistance?
It WAS a shock. I saw Bigfield on the approach, but that day said it would take him ten years to catch up to me.
Then, whooooosht. But, hey, i'm ten years closer to retirement, i guess.

welcome, welcome back, bigfield. ​Looks like you have something to bring to the party.

A Nvidia GTX-970, to be exact. :D

I've also enlisted all eight CPU cores, plus all the CPU cores from an old laptop, but they fold at a fraction of the speed of the graphics card.

It's amazing what a difference architecture makes.

ETA: Sorry Keith!

Yeah! We're back in the top 300 on the list of teams and still climbing! :D

Back
Top Bottom