• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
Apparently some computer science lab sophomore forgot it was her turn to keep the team database collecting this weekend. We've been uncollected since about 6 am Saturday ... developin....

A few days, so what? One of my laptops sent its last work packet on August 1, and has since tried 3437 times to get a new one. OK, it's small and slow, but it did all right from 2013. My two best and fastest computers don't get work either. Still, I just passed 3 million pts.

I just looked at stats. Congratulations Lugubert. Way to go.

A thought.

Seems you arrived at 3 million just before the glitch. Your fault? :innocent1:

Obviously the computation of rates and daily points aren't much good on stats since they reflect only the addition of data sampled when it can be sampled in any three hour zone. It would be nice if there were bins that retained time of sampling until time being sampled data so each lower level collection could be retained as part of the statistical history and as input to prognostications of future events.

BTW there may be hope for you. I wasn't able to upgrade to Windows 10 on my XPS Studio Windows 7 machine until last week.

Maybe the chaps at folding will realize they can keep more people participating if they don't just drop those who are a bit more difficult to include as the result of upgrades.

Seems to me the most enthusiastic persons in our cadre are relatively small capacity performers, Schrodinger's Outlaw excluded, who don't really make the big time. Heck, bilby apparently has several physical machines working at from 200 to 1000 points per task and he's able to keep Puck who obviously has much more capable machines at bay.

Hey, hey! By the end of Thanksgiving, I should have the same rank as my age! Until I get knocked back a couple of ranks by Anonymous and Anonymouse, anyway...

Idle time available...
Mundane hardware research for inexpensive panoramic appliance....
Apparently a playstation 4 controller is a priority
Gtx 750 to replace the non functional 570 might be an option January

Wow! Things have really taken off! I'm enjoying seeing us actually move back up the table a little bit, as a team. Nice job, team! Keep up the good work!

:D

Seems to me we're nearing end of term at Stanford. Quiet periods between folding, erratic task and send server availability, etc.

I notice beero1000 who is still posting has capabilities near those of Schrodinger's Outlaw, but, he's no longer folding. I wonder why.

Seems to me we're nearing end of term at Stanford. Quiet periods between folding, erratic task and send server availability, etc.

I notice beero1000 who is still posting has capabilities near those of Schrodinger's Outlaw, but, he's no longer folding. I wonder why.
rosetta?

Heh.
My project ranking went to 99.8K last night. And just noticed on my calendar, my first estimate was that it'd take me until March to reach that. I'm getting better at this!

Well, dammit.

Four projects folded since Xmas day... None of the results successfully uploaded. Then they disappeared....
I hate it when that happens.

Well, dammit.

Four projects folded since Xmas day... None of the results successfully uploaded. Then they disappeared....
I hate it when that happens.

Whoa. You got 2300 points today. Did you or they fix things?
The lost points are still lost. But right after those jobs disappeared, i got a new one that took two and a half days to fully fold. The protein looked like a cannonball made of popcorn.

Be Patient. The rates Schrodinger's Outlaw was achieving suggests up to 250 k points a day. At those rates he'd be number one within the year. Besides its the holidays.
Oh yeah, I'd not considered that. I was able to easily figure out the day they turned off my work machine over our break. Nice to have it back up and running again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom