• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foodie Thread

one of my favorite foods

watch

While in the UK in 2014, we purchased a pork pie and a game pie from a little shop in the Yorkshire dales. We had the server cut them in half so we could have half each down the track. They were delicious. I bit into my half of the game pie and bit down onto a piece of shot! Didn't spoil the taste though.

Also, Melton Mowbray happens to be on our list of places to stay while there in September! As is Stilton.

I am trying to find a way to put more veggies in to our diet, without them being boring or too calorific!

Last night I chopped a potato, a carrot, some capsicum, mushrooms and onion into 1 cm cubes and fried them in a smidgeon of chilli oil and olive oil, added some balsamic vinegar and a tin of chopped tomatoes. It made heaps and I served the concoction with a pan fried (no oil) pork medallion steak.

Not too bad. Now to refine the recipe to make it better. I think I need to grow some herbs!

Dessert. Gently heated soft brown sugar with Jack Daniels, added grapes . Stirred in cream cheese till smooth. Added cubes of Ginger cake (bought).

Dessert 1st May 1.jpg

Dessert 1st May 2.jpg

A different way with Meatballs. Served with green pepper filled with pink gin mashed potatoes.

Meatballs & Spinach 1.jpg

Meatballs & Spinach 2.jpg

Meatballs & Spinach 3.jpg

Meatballs & Spinach 4.jpg

Meatballs & Spinach 5.jpg

We are looking forward to spending two weeks in Yorkshire at the end of August and beginning of September, and we are particularly looking forward to the FOOD!

Yes our cuisine is second to none. ;)

View attachment 6636

The two great English foods that I haven't been able to find over here are Shreddies (the breakfast cereal), and Quavers.

I shall be enjoying both when we are over there in September (but probably not at the same time).

Back
Top Bottom