• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foodie Thread

There is such a thing as a hot sauce somalier.

No[ent]hellip[/ent] wait[ent]hellip[/ent] there is such a thing as a hot sauce somalier. Seriously?

I wanted a salad and I'm out of dressing so I whipped up some brown sugar dressing. Lo and behold, it's not bad. Mayo, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, brown sugar, s&p. I'm astounded that it tastes good, but it does.

I wanted a salad and I'm out of dressing so I whipped up some brown sugar dressing. Lo and behold, it's not bad. Mayo, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, brown sugar, s&p. I'm astounded that it tastes good, but it does.

We are heading into salad season here, once I can get off my frigging butt and cook again! This sounds nice.

I like sour cream, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper as my potato salad dressing. It’s lighter than commercial ones and tangier.

I think some of us are a specific type of foodie: we're Comfort Foodies.

We are heading into salad season here, once I can get off my frigging butt and cook again! This sounds nice.

I like sour cream, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper as my potato salad dressing. It’s lighter than commercial ones and tangier.

Sounds delicious, and I would have used sour cream and lemon juice if I had some. Lemon juice is on my list so I can make tabouli tomorrow or the next. I do have some dried chives but I don't really like them.

I think some of us are a specific type of foodie: we're Comfort Foodies.

Sounds delicious, and I would have used sour cream and lemon juice if I had some. Lemon juice is on my list so I can make tabouli tomorrow or the next. I do have some dried chives but I don't really like them.

I love my comfort food, especially bangers mash with onion gravy!

And please, use fresh chives in the dressing, not the dried stuff. :)

Take out the olive oil and black pepper, and that's basically "garlic dressing" that you get at some restaurants. :D

Roasted jalapeno is one of my favorite things in the world, especially with the crackly skin and light salt. The cuisines of Texas and Mexico exist solely to give me bites to eat in between bites of roasted jalapeno.

20171102_154343_resized.jpg

Of course everything on this list is stuff that I like.

I do add veggies to my mapotofu when I make it at home. Did I mention that?

Damnit.

I am diabetic and the stores I shop at don't have much in the way of sugarless ice cream and definitely no sugarless sherbet. So I am making my own.

3 cups milk
1 cup frozen fruit juice - Limeade or Cranberry
Several packets of artificial sweetener.

I shake it all up in a jar and pour it into Glad 7 ounce containers. And freeze. It's a cheap thrill.

I have discovered non sugar instant pudding mix. I play with that, adding fruit, and flavorings.
Almond, extra vanilla, banana flavoring. I add sliced banana, maraschino cherries, sliced banana or sliced strawberries. Lots of cheap fun.
I have available vanilla, chocolate, lemon, banana, butter scotch.

Quick little snacks to fulfill that craving for something sweet.

I am diabetic and the stores I shop at don't have much in the way of sugarless ice cream and definitely no sugarless sherbet. So I am making my own.

3 cups milk
1 cup frozen fruit juice - Limeade or Cranberry
Several packets of artificial sweetener.

I shake it all up in a jar and pour it into Glad 7 ounce containers. And freeze. It's a cheap thrill.

I have discovered non sugar instant pudding mix. I play with that, adding fruit, and flavorings.
Almond, extra vanilla, banana flavoring. I add sliced banana, maraschino cherries, sliced banana or sliced strawberries. Lots of cheap fun.
I have available vanilla, chocolate, lemon, banana, butter scotch.

Quick little snacks to fulfill that craving for something sweet.

My brother is diabetic. I have all kinds of sugar free baking recipes. I made banana muffins a few days ago, half of them with cocoa. They were awesome. I also make sugar free chocolate mug cake, except I make it in a bowl because I don't love cleaning the microwave.

Today I went to the store. Instant sugarless pudding mix with eggnog is truly good. I am now enjoying pistachio pudding with eggnog, extra almond flavoring and sliced strawberries. Hooray for eggnog!

Made some corn chowder today. Substituted brown rice for the potatoes as potatoes don't like me. Substituted celery for Onion as onion doesn't like me either. But it came out absolutely terrific. Sometimes I surprise myself.

Today I went to the store. Instant sugarless pudding mix with eggnog is truly good. I am now enjoying pistachio pudding with eggnog, extra almond flavoring and sliced strawberries. Hooray for eggnog!

I seem to notice a theme.

Yes. The search for easy to prepare little sugar free snacks. Coming up soon, sugarless lemon meringue pies. I spotted puff pastry small pie shells at the store. I bought a cheap fruit cake at the store. Mistake. Those things seem to be pure sugar. So I need to look at sugarless cakes.

Saw something interesting on TV. Someone made applesauce with bacon and onions. I have to try that.

I have leftover pan drippings from making bratwurst. Maybe I could use that in applesauce instead of the bacon.

Back
Top Bottom