• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foodie Thread

Birthday meal.

Birthday 2017 Starter.jpg

The above tasted better than it looks.

Birthday 2017 Soup.jpg

Birthday 2017 Main Course.jpg

Birthday 2017 Main Course Detail.jpg

Birthday 2017 Dessert Bought.jpg

Cheated with the above and bought it.

Totally gonna make these fried bananas tomorrow. I don't have honey but I think agave nectar will work with bananas. Also want to add tahini or replace the cinnamon with tahini.

Pan Fried Bananas

DSC_6620.jpg

Pre Solstice homemade chocolate dipped orangette

Orange.jpg

Must also give you recipe of homemade honey marzipan, dipped in chocolate.
(perfect to accompany a good gin or very dry white wine)

Cycad, that looks amazing!

I just fried a banana. I worked with what I had, so next time will be better ingredients. I didn't measure, but I think it went like this:

3 tbsp butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
Added brown sugar and cinnamon.
Laid sliced bananas and pineapple chunks in the pan and cooked for a few minutes while I mixed the sauce.
Turned, a few more minutes of cooking, then set them to drain.

Sauce (guessing at amounts):
1/2 c plain yogurt
3-4 tbsp tahini
1-2 tbsp brown sugar (sifted with white sugar to make it less clumpy)
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp cinnamon
(Next time I might try lemon juice)

Nuked a flour tortilla for 15 seconds and made a banana pineapple tahini breakfast burrito. I didn't take a picture because I didn't have my camera downstairs and wanted to hurry up and get it all wrapped while it was still warm.

Sounds bliss Angry Floof

Do you make your own Tahini ?
If not, you should try,
Use a mortar and grind the seeds gently. Its divine

As soon as I make a new batch of Capezolli di Venere, I ll post them

Will try your banana but substitute the agave with honey.

Sounds bliss Angry Floof

Do you make your own Tahini ?
If not, you should try,
Use a mortar and grind the seeds gently. Its divine

As soon as I make a new batch of Capezolli di Venere, I ll post them

Will try your banana but substitute the agave with honey.

Honey was my preferred choice but I didn't have any. Cousin gave me the agave, which I didn't know was a lot like maple syrup, it has its own flavor and is good with both tahini and bananas. I'm gonna do just brown sugar next time.

Is the Capezzoli di Venere for a special occasion or just because? :D

braised cockscombs

cocks-combs.jpg

20171215_150704.jpg

Japanese style curry donburi (over rice), garnished with craisins (dried cranberries) and fukujinzuke (translates to "happiness pickle," it's a variety of pickled vegetables that is on the sweet side).

I wussed out and used the curry bouillon from the store, with additional curry powder (Vietnamese because it smells/tastes better) and roux added because it wasn't quite enough.

• Beef cubes (stewing beef)
  • Onion
  • Celery
  • Carrots
  • Japanese eggplant
  • Idaho potatos
  • Fresh ginger (almost an entire hand)
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • Fresh jalapeno
  • Curry powder
  • Roux
  • Prepackaged curry bouillon (basically the same as the above 2 ingredients)

Sear beef, add other veggies and water (basically everything except the bouillon/roux + powder). Simmer for at least an hour if not 2 hours. Add bouillon, curry powder, roux. Serve donburi (on rice).

Like American chili con carne, you can freeze the curry stew and it'll taste even better when you reheat it, so this is ideal for making in large batches and keeping in the 'fridge for a day you don't feel like cooking.

Instant pot ribs? Elaborate, please!

Add a cup of water, half a cup of apple cider vinegar, and a generous splash of liquid smoke to the instant pot. Put the trivet down, and put the (seasoned) ribs down onto the trivet. Cook on high pressure for 16 minutes. Natural release for 10 min, or just go for it if you're really impatient like I am.

Slather with BBQ sauce and then broil til bubbly and caramelized. In the meantime, take the trivet out and throw a cup or two of rice in the remaining delicious instant pot liquid, close it back up and hit the rice button. Both should finish at about the same time.

Should get you something magical in about 45 minutes total.

Back
Top Bottom